Crowd today (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
Portsmouth gates approx 18k.

Reasons why we dont/haven't, in recent times, matched those sized gates in order of most influence first, in my opinion:

1. Interest/passion for football within City.
2. SISU angst.
3. Division of football (has massive sway on point 1 for casual support).
4. Distance of Ricoh to centre.
5. Ticket prices

Portsmouth had much bigger attendances even with bad owners.

Londonccfcfan

I think if the parking restrictions were lifted more people would go, I know originally crowds of the size we're getting were not meant to be caught by the parking rules, does anyone know whether the Council can be challenged on this?

Yup I’m sure the parking restriction have been implemented since stadium was first open on the expectation of crowds of 15/20k minimum which was what we were averaging first 5 years.

Surely there’s grounds for a review.

Londonccfcfan

Apologies for anyone who felt my post need them to explain there reasons for staying away. It wasn't meant that way if way just my own opinion of statistics I know of people who use the ill not go line.....

Fair play to tho who say they simply have no desire to go and watch, that's a honest and frank answer. Also fair enough for those who say it's the price....

For me I justify it on I can luckily afford a season ticket so I get "value" so to speak... I average £18 for me and my son per game. My local non league side would be £13 for me and the lad and they are 5 leagues lower than CCFC.
I also have no work issues only every 8th week which I book off to attend, so lucky a season ticket is justified.
Could I afford the walk up prices, likely no I feel £20 is plenty but we're not to dissimilar to the rest of the league.
It's mine and the lads passion, we love our Saturdays together following the city.

However we both prefer away days now as it's empty and soulless at home games. The Ricoh is far to big for us, and we rarely make any noise. Mansfield did a excellent job when they came, made it enjoyable for me anyway. Away day experience has been far more pleasing for me this season, even ones we've not won! I'd love to attend games like at Lincoln, packed stadium fit for the purpose of its club and excellent atmosphere!

As for sisu, yes I'd love them gone but I'll not stay away due to there previous errors or stay away due to the level we are at.

I’m exactly same boat Steve....agree completely.

steve82

I am in block 21 and didn't hear any of that from the corner.

I'm in block 20 and didn't hear it either.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Pardon the pun but I'm in block 21 and echo these thoughts.

Lifeless yesterday the Ricoh was and has edged this way for a few weeks now.

Some away games have been the same too I've experienced this season. Sky blue song goes up then we go quiet, almost tense nervous like we are.

skybluetony176

Portsmouth had much bigger attendances even with bad owners.

Not in league two they didn’t and not always in league one either. Their trust completed their takeover as they were being confirmed relegated from league one. They then sold a record 10k season tickets for their first season in league two but not under shit owners. The season before in league one they’d played in front of crowds as low as 6k. The change in ownership obviously made a huge difference to Portsmouth’s gates despite relegation.

Last edited:

hill83

Not in league two they didn’t and not always in league one either. Their trust completed their takeover as they were being confirmed relegated from league one. They then sold a record 10k season tickets for their first season in league two. The season before in league one they’d played in front of crowds as low as 6k. The change in ownership obviously made a huge difference to Portsmouth’s gates despite relegation.

England historical attendance and performance

Pompey closing in on 11,000 season ticket sales

Last edited:

hill83

Yep. Their last season under shit owners was 2013 in league one and they averaged just over 12k. The whole time they weren’t in league two was under the trust and a couple of others triggering a rise in gates despite relegation.

I've got no point to make, just popping some information up.

letsallsingtogether

I am in block 21 and didn't hear any of that from the corner.
Well we all stood up I am in block 16 and from block 18 to where you are it just dies.
As for not hearing it this is sung every week and every week those blocks just don' bother.
It is like lets just listen out for something we don't like then vent our spleens on the ones doing it, then when we have got rid of them all we can sit and watch in peace and quiet.

TBH even the young ones are loosing the will if it keeps up we will be fucked.
Don't know the solution but the Club really need to nip this in the bud before it is too late.
Maybe..
Make the price cheaper for a couple of matches.
Give out free clappers as leicester did which in turn helped them stay in the prem with a cracking atmosphere, might help us with our promotion hopes.
Stop stewards treating people like children.
Pick a game for free school tickets pack them in, 100 per week is a waste of time might aswell just give them out in one go.
Advertise it all over the City, get it into their heads.
Do it over the Xmas period when the kids are bored and parents are looking for something to do.
Don't know if any of this will work but hey give it a go.

oucho

Portsmouth gates approx 18k.

Reasons why we dont/haven't, in recent times, matched those sized gates in order of most influence first, in my opinion:

1. Interest/passion for football within City.
2. SISU angst.
3. Division of football (has massive sway on point 1 for casual support).
4. Distance of Ricoh to centre.
5. Ticket prices

Doesn't help that we've been on a mostly downwards trajectory since 2001. Neither does it help that watching at the Ricoh isn't much fun or that parking is a pain.

Alan Dugdales Moustache

£20 probably. Which sounds daft as there's no real difference between £20 and £26.

Even £20 I'm not sure.
It's not worth half that. It's absolute dross.

Adge

I agree plenty were a fault, but you have to look at those selecting them and justifying them ready to play men's football in the 3rd tier at the time.

They wasn't ready and made mistakes. Some more costly than others.

Some of those have grown because of it some maybe not. Time will tell
Or those who have had no choice and have had to do it because of budget restrictions.
Worrying that an ex managers remit was to slash the playing budget and feed as many youth/academy players into the first team come what may.:emoji_confused:

Nick

Administrator
Or those who have had no choice and have had to do it because of budget restrictions.
Worrying that an ex managers remit was to slash the playing budget and feed as many youth/academy players into the first team come what may.:emoji_confused:

Lower league clubs have budget restrictions. That's life unfortunately.

Adge

Lower league clubs have budget restrictions. That's life unfortunately.
Which means players are inferior weather they are 18, 20, 25 or 30.
It has been known that people peck on and on about some hang up with the acedemy that they seem to think I have. Strange when I thought most of us had George Thomas and Dion Kelly Evans as our 2 best players last season.:emoji_thinking:

letsallsingtogether

Doesn't help that we've been on a mostly downwards trajectory since 2001. Neither does it help that watching at the Ricoh isn't much fun or that parking is a pain.
Tbf parking can be a pain at most grounds.
It's not worth half that. It's absolute dross.
Well I only paid a tenner yesterday.......
Brought a complimentary ticket, saved me a few quid so didn' mind.

Adge

Wait a minute, you paid for a free ticket?
Well done him! Didn't want to put it in the Sisu coffers so gave someone a couple of pints instead. :emoji_stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

Why would everybody know that? They are still getting paid, some more than other top end league two clubs according to their managers.

You need to make your mind up, keep giving it the you aren't going to give any money to the club to then pay to go to kit launches and bragging that you buy the expensive tickets.

You have a clear agenda with any youth player also.

Don't see why people give it the rants then don't follow it up.
Here you go again ,

Having a rant about people who have a rant !

You're one of the worst on here for having a rant !

You asked the question , why would everybody know that ?

Well here's my question to you , how would you know ?

And by the way , you only follow it up when it suits you !!!

Nick

Administrator
Here you go again ,

What exactly are you trying to ask me?

Surely the fact that players are still signing for us over other clubs, they are still getting paid etc means that it might not be as bad as some try to make out.

No, I don't make big moralistic statements and then not follow them up. If I am going to give it the "I'm not giving the club another penny" type nonsense I'd stick to it, or I just wouldn't give it loads in the first place.

Irish Sky Blue

I think a good portion hide behind the i'll not go while sisu are still there when really L2 football isn't for them.

I'd rather them be honest and say it's poor football in div 4 than bullshit reasons.
Why would people need to hide their reasons? To go to the football is a choice people make. They don't need to justify why they don't go. I think directly and indirectly Sisu have alienated fans. The fact we are in this league is down to them. At Luton I overheard a conversation between two blokes where one of them was saying that he only goes to away games now, won't give money to Sisu, same conversation with someone at the forum on Thursday. Some people have principles and are sticking to them.

Irish Sky Blue

I disagree mate. I think the gulf in quality is actually bigger than I thought it would, particularly in the final third.
The amount of times either ourselves or the opposition fucks up a decent attacking opportunity by playing a poor ball or choosing the wrong option is unbelievable.
I agree with this. Yesterday was a case in point and certainly Stevenage on Tuesday. That game was like a match between two pub teams. The quality was really poor. As you say, particularly noticeable in the attacking third.

oucho

Here you go again ,

Oh for fucks sake

Nick

Administrator
Why would people need to hide their reasons? To go to the football is a choice people make. They don't need to justify why they don't go. I think directly and indirectly Sisu have alienated fans. The fact we are in this league is down to them. At Luton I overheard a conversation between two blokes where one of them was saying that he only goes to away games now, won't give money to Sisu, same conversation with someone at the forum on Thursday. Some people have principles and are sticking to them.

Fair play to people who stick to their principles, I often notice that people who talk about their principles their most usually don't though.

giphy.gif

When you read threads you have people (sorry to give examples) like Hill, who will just straight up say "Look I've got a kid, I don't want to waste my holiday on something that's going to be shite etc". You can more than understand that.

Then you compare it to things like "I won't ever give SISU my money", "It's out of order Season Ticket holders can't get Wembley tickets, I might not get one".

Soon as it starts going on about principles and morals and you saying "I wont do something because..." you then have a decision to make when we get a big game or something and then have to go back on it.

steve82

My comment was not for people to justify if they do or why they don't I simply stated I know people who don't attend and won't when the real reason if it's div 4 football they don't wish to pay to see but hide behind the nopm banner rather than state. The footballs of a poor standard I don't wish to watch.

Nick

Administrator
My comment was not for people to justify if they do or why they don't I simply stated I know people who don't attend and won't when the real reason if it's div 4 football they don't wish to pay to see but hide behind the nopm banner rather than state. The footballs of a poor standard I don't wish to watch.

When people make it political / about morals rather than just saying they can't be arsed I think it's because it's their own justification for not being arsed.

oucho

When people make it political / about morals rather than just saying they can't be arsed I think it's because it's their own justification for not being arsed.
Do you think nobody actually boycotts due to NOPM principles then?

Nick

Administrator
Do you think nobody actually boycotts due to NOPM principles then?

Like I said further up, there might be a few but it would be very minimal and fair play to them if they do it and stick to it though.

If you say it's because NOPM people will blow smoke up arses and give back pats like it's some sort of union revolution. The big test is things like Wembley or if we got a decent cup draw.

In my view if you make big statements about principles, you don't them drop it or make exceptions. I seem to remember NOPM at the time we played Arsenal in the cup, then lines came out like "Well they would have sold the tickets if I went or not".

It's easier just to be like Hill is / has been to be honest. Nw is another example from memory.

ccfcway

I have no issue with people sacking off the football and going to watch cov rugby, I do have an issue of those that have sacked off the city who now go to watch wasps.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

funny, i do.

Support your team, they need you now more than ever !!

I completely understand why people are walking away, but I still have an issue with it, should we all ?

Legia Sky Blue

Like I said further up, there might be a few but it would be very minimal and fair play to them if they do it and stick to it though.

If you say it's because NOPM people will blow smoke up arses and give back pats like it's some sort of union revolution. The big test is things like Wembley or if we got a decent cup draw.

In my view if you make big statements about principles, you don't them drop it or make exceptions. I seem to remember NOPM at the time we played Arsenal in the cup, then lines came out like "Well they would have sold the tickets if I went or not".

It's easier just to be like Hill is / has been to be honest. Nw is another example from memory.
I probably know about 100 people that would regard themselves as Cov fans, but I can count on one hand those that go to games at the moment. While many of those that don't go will quote SISU's mismanagement as a reason not to go I've never heard any of them actually say they are part of a NOPM group. Seems to me NOPM is a stick to beat a lot of stayaways if they decide for whatever reason to go to a particular game. Be interesting to know how many people on here have actually identified themselves as NOPM, rather than someone else doing it for them.

Nick

Administrator
I probably know about 100 people that would regard themselves as Cov fans, but I can count on one hand those that go to games at the moment. While many of those that don't go will quote SISU's mismanagement as a reason not to go I've never heard any of them actually say they are part of a NOPM group. Seems to me NOPM is a stick to beat a lot of stayaways if they decide for whatever reason to go to a particular game. Be interesting to know how many people on here have actually identified themselves as NOPM, rather than someone else doing it for them.

Could you count on one hand how many were that bothered about SISU when we played at Wembley they refused to go as well?

Users who are viewing this thread