Dale Evans ....... (1 Viewer)

Sky Blue Kid

A couple of points here....

A statement published on the club’s website on Thursday reads: “Contrary to claims made on social media overnight, Coventry City can confirm that there has been no contact by Mr Dale Evans (or any associate of his) with the club or the owners of the club.

“The club’s position in regard to this situation remains as it was on Saturday.”

A previous statement from the club, released after Mr Evans’ radio appearance, read: “Following a radio interview on BBC Coventry & Warwickshire on Friday evening, Coventry City Football Club would like to clarify the situation for supporters.

“No talks have been held by any member of staff or board member with Dale Evans regarding the sale of Coventry City Football Club, and no offer has been made or received.

“No meeting is scheduled with Mr Evans, nor are there plans to do so.”

Firstly, is Sepalla "On the board"
Secondly, because Hoffman originally made a offer but NOT on "Headed" paper, SISU denied any approach or offer.
Someone is lying, wouldn't you say?

Nick

Administrator
You missed off you, Nick and Torch licking Sisu's arse for years on end....
Welcome back, you keep saying things like this but never back them up. No different to the telegraph fake accounts or the ones of fans groups who try to do the same.

Feel free to start backing things up rather than vanishing to then make timely returns to spout more nonsense.

It's quite flattering and all, but maybe try to disprove things said instead rather than the desperate act.

Nick

Administrator
A couple of points here....

A statement published on the club’s website on Thursday reads: “Contrary to claims made on social media overnight, Coventry City can confirm that there has been no contact by Mr Dale Evans (or any associate of his) with the club or the owners of the club.

“The club’s position in regard to this situation remains as it was on Saturday.”

A previous statement from the club, released after Mr Evans’ radio appearance, read: “Following a radio interview on BBC Coventry & Warwickshire on Friday evening, Coventry City Football Club would like to clarify the situation for supporters.

“No talks have been held by any member of staff or board member with Dale Evans regarding the sale of Coventry City Football Club, and no offer has been made or received.

“No meeting is scheduled with Mr Evans, nor are there plans to do so.”

Firstly, is Sepalla "On the board"
Secondly, because Hoffman originally made a offer but NOT on "Headed" paper, SISU denied any approach or offer.
Someone is lying, wouldn't you say?

Looks like you are trying to pick apart the club statement to say they are lying? Even though the guy has contradicted himself, as well as Hoffman contradicting him?

The statement yesterday was pretty blunt and to the point wasn't it?

mark82

"I have spoken to him several times. As with all of us in the consortium, we need to provide proof of funds.

"I won’t reveal what I have seen but it is enough to suggest he is serious. We welcome him into the consortium.

I wonder what he has seen? SURELY something more than the rogue statement from bet365?

To be fair, Mr Hoffman is an astute businessman who has held senior positions at Barclays and currently heads up Hastings insurance. He will know how to verify someone's wealth. That is good enough for me.

I'm still not convinced about how he came about these funds but it would seem he has what he says. Now hopefully Hoffman can keep him in the background rather than constantly being in the media.

fernandopartridge

It seems that Dale Evans is the real deal.
Is that the sound of reverse gears I can hear?
I am pleased he has joined up with the others and hopefully we can focus on the ball not the man for a few days.
Nope. Hoffman hasn't said what evidence showed proof of funds, it might be that iffy Bet365 account statement for all we know.
SISU are not selling in any case. No meeting with Evans and no plans for one they've said.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Sky Blue Kid

Looks like you are trying to pick apart the club statement to say they are lying? Even though the guy has contradicted himself, as well as Hoffman contradicting him?

The statement yesterday was pretty blunt and to the point wasn't it?

Like I said before.. You're on my posts like "Flies round shit"
I'm simply pointing something out about previous bids by Hoffman, and ways in which SISU "Deny" things.

Nick

Administrator
Like I said before.. You're on my posts like "Flies round shit"
I'm simply pointing something out about previous bids by Hoffman, and ways in which SISU "Deny" things.

I was posting on the thread before you even posted.

As I said, the statement yesterday was pretty blunt and to the point wasn't it?

The guy also contradicted himself, then Hoffman seemed to contradict things he was saying too.

Try not to start playing silly buggers and discuss the point.

ricohroar

Now Al Pakeers on board the whole thing has been taken to a new level.... Just when we thought the club had become a big enough joke in the football world.

Londonccfcfan

It's not just about the money though, Riyadh. He has been disingenuous with what he has said. If he had just come out with the fact that he had the money and wanted to buy the football club he wouldn't have got half as much shit.

So much of what he has said has been proved to be untrue.

Cut him some slack Otis.
Hes a novice, he has come into new money recently and with that he has come into limelight with this, he is entitled to be very excited and maybe he has exaggerated a few statements and got slightly ahead of himself.

Its fine, i dont hold that against him. We are better now than with this hope than we were a week ago.

Just seriously cut him some slack.

Nick

Administrator
What I don't get is that it isn't slightly ahead of himself, it was made up.

Slightly ahead would be "Ive come into all of this money, im going to try and buy the club and do X and Y with it".

It isn't "I've spoken to SISU and they have said how much they want and I have enough money for it" and then a few days later "I dont have enough on my own".

I can understand somebody coming into money and being excited about their plans, novice or expert it is still making things up that don't seem to have happened.

This still could end up like another situation when Michael Orton was trying to buy the club.

Otis

Cut him some slack Otis.
Hes a novice, he has come into new money recently and with that he has come into limelight with this, he is entitled to be very excited and maybe he has exaggerated a few statements and got slightly ahead of himself.

Its fine, i dont hold that against him. We are better now than with this hope than we were a week ago.

Just seriously cut him some slack.
Saying he talked to Mark Hornby himself though wasn't true was it. I would hardly call that an exaggeration.

If he's got the money, then fine. Just bung it into the pot, but he would be better off just melding into the background now, because it is really hard to believe a single thing he says.

ajsccfc

If he is as legit as is made out, he's just got way ahead of himself with the proclamations on social media and the radio which hasn't helped his credibility early on. The thing that stood out for me is that the club deemed it necessary to issue two statements about him in the space of a week, whereas if it was any old bullshit with no substance at all they wouldn't utter a word.

NorthernWisdom

Saying he talked to Mark Hornby himself though wasn't true was it. I would hardly call that an exaggeration.

If he's got the money, then fine. Just bung it into the pot, but he would be better off just melding into the background now, because it is really hard to believe a single thing he says.
He's doing more harm than good to the believability of any consortium bid atm.

mark82

Nope. Hoffman hasn't said what evidence showed proof of funds, it might be that iffy Bet365 account statement for all we know.
SISU are not selling in any case. No meeting with Evans and no plans for one they've said.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Pretty sure it would take more than a print out of a betting account to convince the head of one of the country's biggest insurance firms. If he is convinced of the wealth that is fine.

Still something very odd about the way he has gone about things though.

shmmeee

Random? I replied to someone posting a takeover would be a shock as Brexit and Trump supposedly was, which I see you didn't add that, Shock.

So i didn't start it just gave my opinion on one of those two events not being a shock to me.

As for the idiot comment, not really necessary and says more about you than me, debate what you disagree with but ridicule not knowing me is pretty typical of a certain few on here that play on words on a regular basis.

Fine. I disagree with you using a very tenuous link to politics to bring your conspiracy laden thought processes into the thread. There’s an off topic forum for a reason. Stop derailing threads it’s poor forum etiquette.

NortonSkyBlue

Right, you state I am calling him a liar. I am just listening back to the Sky Blues Phone-in on CWR last Friday. 6pm.

I quote Dale Evans. 'The principles of initially buying the club have gone fairly well so far with my initial talks with Mark Hornby. The initial contract or talks I have had with Mark Hornby himself have gone very, very well.'

So which part of that isn't pure bullshit?

'I've got my wealth manager who's in direct contact with Mark Hornby himself from lunchtime today. We've spoken about what the initial costs are going to be to purchase the club outright. We have enough money to buy the football club outright (remember, this is before he had even contacted Gary Hoffman). The only stumbling block we've got at the moment is getting hold of ACL.'

I stopped there because that is just the beginning. At this point he is just starting to talk about the offer having been put to Tim Fisher and Fisher supposedly getting back to him that same day.
You may want to hold your fire in calling him a liar.
Let the full story come out and it may well be that Evans had all the contact he said he had just the parties he was in contacted with were not happy for that to be divulged in the way it was.
I repeat what I have said Otis, he is not a businessman, he is a fan who has come in to money and I am delighted he is looking to spend in a way that I would if I was so fortunate.

NortonSkyBlue

If Hoffmann is waiting for the legals to be over, there is more than enough time for him to change his mind. Maybe his wealth adviser will find something else for him to invest in.
Martcov, what would you say if he stated that the reason he pulled out was that his family was abused by fellow fans and he didn't feel he was given a fair chance?

Nick

Administrator
If he is as legit as is made out, he's just got way ahead of himself with the proclamations on social media and the radio which hasn't helped his credibility early on. The thing that stood out for me is that the club deemed it necessary to issue two statements about him in the space of a week, whereas if it was any old bullshit with no substance at all they wouldn't utter a word.

He was all over the radio and naming individuals etc. Surely if they hadn't issued a statement it would have been "well they haven't denied it"?

smileycov

Facebook User
But they had too, he went on national radio tbf.

Nick

Administrator
You may want to hold your fire in calling him a liar.
Let the full story come out and it may well be that Evans had all the contact he said he had just the parties he was in contacted with were not happy for that to be divulged in the way it was.
I repeat what I have said Otis, he is not a businessman, he is a fan who has come in to money and I am delighted he is looking to spend in a way that I would if I was so fortunate.

But he has contradicted himself and disproved things he said on Friday in later interviews that show they weren't true? That's before you even mention any third parties. Even if the original ones were true and people told him to reign it in, what was it when he said different to those yesterday?

Otis has posted his exact words.

dongonzalos

Not sure why Mr Hoffman doesn’t say what he has seen or heard. That confirm it. He doesn’t have to say how much.
I think to be in Mr Hoffman’s consortium even if you were prepared to put 100k in, I think you would be in.
I don’t think it was the 10 million plus that is being suggested.
Otherwise I think we would be seeing a court bid.
Considering the last one was 5 times less than that and the consortium felt confident about that figure.
However saying that, I also think it is very wise to wait till the legal action is over.
SISU (wrongly IMO) seem to be putting all their eggs into the legal action. For some reason it seems to be important to still be owners in relation to the outcome of this legal action.
So if they think owning the club helps them get 30 million. Then that’s what they will think the club is worth.
So wait till the legal action fails completely. Wait till we are playing elsewhere again.
Then the 2 million plus offer might become more attractive.

chiefdave

Martcov, what would you say if he stated that the reason he pulled out was that his family was abused by fellow fans and he didn't feel he was given a fair chance?
I'd say its better to find out now as we all know owners of football clubs get abuse, warranted or not.

Nick

Administrator
And you and others will say I told you so, preen yourself as a soothsayer of Nostradamus status and feel no hint of regret in your negativity.
Wait, I thought he would be pulling out because of abuse to his family rather than people pointing out contradictions? Why would it be his and others fault?

Again, who has actually abused his family?

The worrying thing is that you would be annoyed at people picking apart his story for ruining the takeover, ignoring the massive holes in his stories.

NortonSkyBlue

Right, you state I am calling him a liar. I am just listening back to the Sky Blues Phone-in on CWR last Friday. 6pm.

I quote Dale Evans. 'The principles of initially buying the club have gone fairly well so far with my initial talks with Mark Hornby. The initial contract or talks I have had with Mark Hornby himself have gone very, very well.'

So which part of that isn't pure bullshit?

'I've got my wealth manager who's in direct contact with Mark Hornby himself from lunchtime today. We've spoken about what the initial costs are going to be to purchase the club outright. We have enough money to buy the football club outright (remember, this is before he had even contacted Gary Hoffman). The only stumbling block we've got at the moment is getting hold of ACL.'

I stopped there because that is just the beginning. At this point he is just starting to talk about the offer having been put to Tim Fisher and Fisher supposedly getting back to him that same day.
Yes Otis I am saying you are calling him a liar. Your words "He has been disingenuous with what he has said"
I use the legal argument of It contains a misleading impression. It was being economical with the truth.

Kneeza

Really? hows the fair weather around Hinckley?
Very lovely this morning. Yes, me too (fair weather, but not so much lovely.
Begging your pardon for being such, sir, but I'll just keep despising all that Wasps stand for until they fuck off out of Coventry. Which probably means until the day I croak, eh?

Users who are viewing this thread