Euro qualifiers 2024 (2 Viewers)

Fysnkysc

I guess the perspective is that it was a dead rubber, and the selection reflected that.
We're 5th in the world in fifa rankings we should be beating these with our u21s.

Southgate has us set up so negative every game since he has been in charge.

SBT

Different styles, same position.
They’re far from interchangeable. JWP is great for your FPL team, but I don’t think Pep is likely to sign him anytime soon. Phillips is clearly a good player and has generally played well for England when called upon - the criticism is odd.

Nick

Administrator
They’re far from interchangeable. JWP is great for your FPL team, but I don’t think Pep is likely to sign him anytime soon. Phillips is clearly a good player and has generally played well for England when called upon - the criticism is odd.

Pep isn't the England manager.

Your defence for Southgate is a bit random.

Evo1883

Ukraine 1-1 England
England 3-1 Italy
England 2-0 Malta
North Macedonia 1-1 England

Last 4 qualifiers , relentless and ruthless England

David O'Day

To be fair not sure Pep would sign him again, he never plays him and has called him fat

Otis

Ukraine 1-1 England
England 3-1 Italy
England 2-0 Malta

It was a great result against Italy, but even though England played well and I don't wish to take anything away from them, that was a very, very poor Italian team that night.

Was shocked to see just how bad they were that evening.

Tonight was disappointing. We have to be better.

Evo1883

Not sure England will be troubling the world's best at tournaments playing like they are , we can focus on nonsense like being unbeaten in a calendar year playing mostly shit teams .. or we can focus on the fact that the team appear to be regressing in terms of playstyle / coaching and direction

David O'Day

It was someone talking about Kalvin Phillips vs the captain of last year’s worst PL team….nevermind.
You mean Kalvin Phillips who in his season before he signed for City was in a team that only stayed up on the last day?

The fact that JWP played for a poor team last year has fuck all to do with anything

Saddlebrains

Who actually cares? England will never win
anything under that waistcoat shagger, sooner we get knocked out in the group stage so he has to leave the better

skyblue1991

I'm getting to the point where I'm looking forward to a new England manager and would be astonished if Southgate remains after Euro 2024

I'm still looking forward to Euro 2024 but I'm not convinced on us getting far. We'll qualify for the group stages but afterwards I wouldn't be surprised if England get knocked out

I think Newcastle long term will want a 'name' as their manager so I would bring Eddie Howe in after Euro 2024, will probably work for both parties timing-wise

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

CCFCSteve

Ukraine 1-1 England
England 3-1 Italy
England 2-0 Malta

Qualified and topped group by 6 points 🤷‍♂️. Tonight he gave other players a run out (right call), dreadful ref and poor performance against a team that sat 9-10 men behind the ball

should’ve probably rested Maguire and given another CB a go but can’t get too excited. Too many international breaks, players were playing at half pace due to having topped group and probably with one eye on weekend. Will need to up the intensity/tempo against better teams but sure we will

SBT

I'm getting to the point where I'm looking forward to a new England manager and would be astonished if Southgate remains after Euro 2024

I'm still looking forward to Euro 2024 but I'm not convinced on us getting far. We'll qualify for the group stages but afterwards I wouldn't be surprised if England get knocked out

I think Newcastle long term will want a 'name' as their manager so I would bring Eddie Howe in after Euro 2024, will probably work for both parties timing-wise

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk
We’ve already qualified for the group stages and we will surely be favourites to win the whole tournament, so it would be a huge surprise if we’re knocked out early. Either way, Southgate is toast after this tournament.

CCFCSteve

We’ve already qualified for the group stages and we will surely be favourites to win the whole tournament, so it would be a huge surprise if we’re knocked out early. Either way, Southgate is toast after this tournament.

Agreed, his last tournament I reckon

Otis

Yup. He has clearly been good on the whole with nurturing players and getting a good vibe within the camp, but I honestly think another manager could do a better job.

I like Howe. I like Graham Potter too, who I felt took the completely wrong job in going to Chelsea, where instant success was expected.

If he had been given time, I am sure he would have been successful.

They would have to be the two English front runners wouldn't they?

Users who are viewing this thread