Eviction notice (2 Viewers)

JAM See

Who is the MP whose constituency includes the CBS Arena?

What are their thoughts?

Surely this is an important issue for their constituents.

hutch1972

I've not had time to wade through every post of this mammoth thread so forgive me if this has already been mentioned but whilst the vast majority are assuming MA is on a mission to either distress the club in the hope of securing it cheaply or just setting out to force a new rental agreement, does anybody think he could be after a quick profit on his purchase? (100% at the very least I would imagine)
Is there anything legally to stop him selling straight away?
I'm at work still so not had the benefit of any TV/radio update.
1st sign of distress will only serve to destroy the team MR is building by the sale of the 3 main assets for 25+mill. Sisu won't give 2 hoots.

Sky Blue Harry H

Money is the route of all evil

We are a fucking joke of a club, Ashley is a piece of shit

The council and administration are crooked as fuck

Robins pack up your squad and take them off to a decent club

20000 fans a absolutely sick of this shit

Sucksintly put ;)

SKYBLUES90

Dare I ask where the Sky blues trust is and why they are no where to be seen anymore?

I did a quick search and note a thread where it’s mentioned some time early in the year they were sending emails asking for money towards a renewed subscription.

‘Our main goals are to ensure that our club thrives in its rightful home of Coventry and that the club evolves to give the fans the formal voice they deserve moving forward.’

Worrying that there’s not even a word from them following todays news.

OyJimmy

Sisu/ King options - spend tens of millions building a new stadium. Or reduce the cost of CCFC by several million and sell to Ashley. Simple maths here. Ashley isn’t a mug and has more lawyers than SISU

JAM See

I hate to be THAT pedant...

But it's actually "THE LOVE of money is the root of all evil" (from a book that's not even about things that really happened, but hey ho).

Money good. Greed bad.

EDIT : Sorry @Sky Blue Pete . It's just what I believe.

Last edited:

shmmeee

All this shit sounds like keying a car you’re about to buy to bring its value down. You’re still going to have to get it fixed.

I don’t get why everyone is clamouring for an owner who by all accounts fucks up everything he gets in contact with, treats everyone like shit and is seemingly willing to derail the club on the pitch to save a couple of million.

oldfiver

Dare I ask where the Sky blues trust is and why they are no where to be seen anymore?

I did a quick search and note a thread where it’s mentioned some time early in the year they were sending emails asking for money towards a renewed subscription.

‘Our main goals are to ensure that our club thrives in its rightful home of Coventry and that the club evolves to give the fans the formal voice they deserve moving forward.’

Hoffman advising them?

clint van damme

All this shit sounds like keying a car you’re about to buy to bring its value down. You’re still going to have to get it fixed.

I don’t get why everyone is clamouring for an owner who by all accounts fucks up everything he gets in contact with, treats everyone like shit and is seemingly willing to derail the club on the pitch to save a couple of million.

The problem is there don't seem to be any other realistic options.
Ashley as owner with Hoffman as chairman is seriously underwhelming but I'd still take it over the current mob.
I think it's called Starmer syndrome!

JAM See

The problem is there don't seem to be any other realistic options.
Ashley as owner with Hoffman as chairman is seriously underwhelming but I'd still take it over the current mob.
I think it's called Starmer syndrome!
Happy to get promotion in 2023/2024.

Even if we're bland; and toothless up front.

shepardo01

It's not worrying... it's very welcome that there is no word from them!!

itsabuzzard

Don't shoot the messenger, but it's the love of money which is the root of all kinds of evil. A very different thing.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

JAM See

Yes, it's in cov ne
What's the response from Colleen?

I'm not on Twitter/Facebook/TheGram/TikTok or whatever the latest thing the kids are into; nor on her mailing list.

Has she formulated a response?

pusbccfc

ccfctommy

Its Richard Heneghan, he’s spent the last few years complaining about bus lanes in the Observer and on Twitter. He’s a well known local weirdo.

Did he have a twitter account dedicated to it? Was he @kovblog? That traffic account blocked me.

The Philosopher

Who here can clear up where Hoffman is in all this?

He’s at the Court and Storey claims he’s agreed to be part of his board. Apparently there is no link between Storey and MA. I don’t even think MA would have been mad enough to use Storey to buy Sunderland and fund them to annoy the Geordies. However, there is a link between MA and GH through Premier League.

Storey had (allegedly) entered into an exclusivity agreement with SISU in July / August. SISU went on record that they wanted a partner to buy them out / buy the Arena. Exclusivity arrangement presumably means no one else can negotiate to buy the club. SISU are boxed in. SISU look like they were out of the picture whilst MA is having a free run. Storey and co are just a diversion tactic. Exclusivity agreement important.

Now, Hoffman is being lined up to be on the Frasers (MA) board at the CBS. That’s the CBS that was purchased mainly because they had an exclusivity agreement and put £1m down. This meant they got a stadium that cost £100m plus for £17m.

(Dilapidations blah blah)

SISU couldn’t link with anyone else and therefore had a last minute panic thing with King. King, if for real, now has to dig deep to stay in the game - aggressive landlord and all that.

So it looks like Hoffman has jumped from the Storey story to the Ashley Team.

Does this look a bit if a stitch up? What’s missing?

Users who are viewing this thread