F1 2022 (1 Viewer)

olderskyblue

This dispute between Red Bull and Sky. Dont Red Bull et al keep telling us how calm Max is, and how nothing phases him?

yet a comment from Ted K riles them up that much they refuse to do interviews with Sky. What Terrible attitudes eh? ;)

if what happened last year to Lewis had of happened to Max, Horner would have been moaning about it all this season. I would have put money on that.

Paul Anthony

Tbf maybe it's a front because Ted is an incredibly irritating presenter and nobody's succeeded in running him over to silence him ..

Each to their own.

I find his notebooks one of the best bits of Sky's coverage. Covering areas that couldn't be covered during the race. Good for showing what goes on behind the scenes at races. Also talks about deeper issues, that don't necessarily get covered otherwise.

Red Bull, on the other hand, need to learn what the word "context" means. Oh, and given how they threatened to sue the backsides off anyone who said they'd breached the cost cap very recently, think they should come down of their high horse, quite frankly. They've got no right to get preachy.

Saddlebrains

Used to Love Teds notebook

But the last few seasons hes become a parody of himself. What was quite funny and also very informative has now become pun central and just a wander down the pitlane telling us exactly what we had just watched

The whole of SKY F1 needs a shake up
Ted Kravtz - See above
Rachel Brookes - Asks pointless questions
Crofty - absolute twat
Johnny Herbert - The f1 version of Jenas and Michael Owen most pointless pundit ever
Damon Hill - Pretty sure hes losing his marbles
Lazenby - Can take or Leave but fell Pinkham can do the same job just as well and she's fit

Id Stick Button in with Brundle
Keep Ant Davidson on the skypad
Give Karun Teds role, he is very informative
Give Nico Rosberg and Danica Patrick full time roles
Keep Di Resta and Schiff doing as they do

Paul Anthony

Used to Love Teds notebook

But the last few seasons hes become a parody of himself. What was quite funny and also very informative has now become pun central and just a wander down the pitlane telling us exactly what we had just watched

The whole of SKY F1 needs a shake up
Ted Kravtz - See above
Rachel Brookes - Asks pointless questions
Crofty - absolute twat
Johnny Herbert - The f1 version of Jenas and Michael Owen most pointless pundit ever
Damon Hill - Pretty sure hes losing his marbles
Lazenby - Can take or Leave but fell Pinkham can do the same job just as well and she's fit

Id Stick Button in with Brundle
Keep Ant Davidson on the skypad
Give Karun Teds role, he is very informative
Give Nico Rosberg and Danica Patrick full time roles
Keep Di Resta and Schiff doing as they do

Now, Crofty I can certainly agree with.

SHUNT31

As happy as I am for K-Mag, there needs to be a rule introduced where if you cause a red flag in that session, you lose your time.

I love F1 but it’s a bit of a farce sometimes with gaining or losing out for things not in your control. Putting under a safety car is another.

NorthernWisdom

Is it? Think we all know the guy is a tool
Well, it is. Drivers tend to be way behind the team in the pecking order, and he's just laid down an open challenge.

And whaddaya do? On the one hand you have a double world champion, who keeps you up there winning things, when Perez is patently unable to do so. But on the other, it's not great if the driver rules the team...

Paul Anthony

Verstappen refusing a team order is... interesting, too!

Well, as Mark Webber once said about Seb, Max will have protection as usual in the form of Helmut Marko.

Absolutely delighted for George. He looked like he had it covered right from the start, was cool as a cucumber. First of many, I'm sure.

Saddlebrains

Great win for George and im pleased to see Mercedes have sorted it.

Max? c**t. I've defended him many a time, but not that. That's me fully off him now

You'll be shocked to hear i would even favour Lewis over Max next season

Grendel

Well, as Mark Webber once said about Seb, Max will have protection as usual in the form of Helmut Marko.

Absolutely delighted for George. He looked like he had it covered right from the start, was cool as a cucumber. First of many, I'm sure.

Max Webber - is he the tall Australian guy?

Paul Anthony

Yeah, tall aussie guy who works on Channel 4 these days, used to be Vettel's teammate at Red Bull, usually coped the blame for everything even on the times it was clearly Vettel in the wrong.

SHUNT31

Really poor from Verstappen. Perez has let him pass last season and this to help Verstappen. Done some incredible blocking work to help Verstappen win titles. Yet (with the Championship in the bag) he won't help his team mate out.
Petulant and selfish. Pitiful

Dislike Max more than most, in fact I detest him. But if this is true, no wonder he doesn’t want to do Perez any favours.

Paul Anthony

Dislike Max more than most, in fact I detest him. But if this is true, no wonder he doesn’t want to do Perez any favours.

I just don't buy it. Largely because the Stewards would have had access to at least the key bits of his telemetry, and probably his onboard as well. If they had even a whiff of anything suspicious, he'd have been sent to the back of the grid. Look at what happened with Schumacher in 2006.

olderskyblue

Does Brundle not like Hamilton?

Once again, he defended Max, even after the stewards found him in the wrong and penalised him.

last season, Max cut in on Lewis at tight corners many times, and not once did Brundle suggest he should have left Lewis “space” It was always “great move my Max”

to say Max had “earned the right” to challenge at that corner is preposterous. Earned the right? So he’s allowed to break the rules of the sport because he’s earned the right?

must admit, I’ve always liked Brundle, but some of his views of incidents like that are weird to say the least.

I recall him and Hill saying Lewis “shouldn’t have tried the move“ a few years ago, when Rosberg nearly put him into the wall on the starting straight (can’t recall the circuit). Lewis came off the bend like a train, and was accelerating much quicker, and it was a very do-able overtake. Rosberg squeezed him nearly against the wall.

Last race, same thing happened to Alonso, and Brundle thought it very dangerous and said it was absolutely right that a penalty was a given against the other driver.

weird

Paul Anthony

Does Brundle not like Hamilton?

Once again, he defended Max, even after the stewards found him in the wrong and penalised him.

last season, Max cut in on Lewis at tight corners many times, and not once did Brundle suggest he should have left Lewis “space” It was always “great move my Max”

to say Max had “earned the right” to challenge at that corner is preposterous. Earned the right? So he’s allowed to break the rules of the sport because he’s earned the right?

must admit, I’ve always liked Brundle, but some of his views of incidents like that are weird to say the least.

I recall him and Hill saying Lewis “shouldn’t have tried the move“ a few years ago, when Rosberg nearly put him into the wall on the starting straight (can’t recall the circuit). Lewis came off the bend like a train, and was accelerating much quicker, and it was a very do-able overtake. Rosberg squeezed him nearly against the wall.

Last race, same thing happened to Alonso, and Brundle thought it very dangerous and said it was absolutely right that a penalty was a given against the other driver.

weird

To be fair, I was a little surprised myself when they said it was Max getting the penalty, as I thought Lewis would have been required to leave more room on the apex. Then again, I think Max was owed a pen for his antics at Brazil last season, so it seems it all evens out eventually!

olderskyblue

To be fair, I was a little surprised myself when they said it was Max getting the penalty, as I thought Lewis would have been required to leave more room on the apex. Then again, I think Max was owed a pen for his antics at Brazil last season, so it seems it all evens out eventually!
The rules this season are clear though, and Max was half a car behind just before the corner, so should have given way. Ie why the stewards penalised him. He caused the accident By going way to fast into it (why he got closer to Lewis) hence, causing the crash.

tisza

So possibly one thing against the multiple assists Perez has definitely given Verstappen. I'll stand by the "petty and selfish" comments

NorthernWisdom

Yeah I thought Hamilton squeezing him. Then again, it all allowed for a new winner in F1, and that's good!

We'll see how Russell and Hamilton get on as teammates next season if the Mercedes is any good. Russell's shown up well this season against him. You'd still fancy Hamilton in a championship battle, but could be intense.

olderskyblue

Yeah I thought Hamilton squeezing him. Then again, it all allowed for a new winner in F1, and that's good!

We'll see how Russell and Hamilton get on as teammates next season if the Mercedes is any good. Russell's shown up well this season against him. You'd still fancy Hamilton in a championship battle, but could be intense.
The stewards deemed Max at fault, and he’s got 2 more penalty points on his license to boot. Lewis had the racing line and was entitled to be where he was. Imho

olderskyblue

Air
That in no way stops me from having thought it was Hamilton squeezing him
That’s you and Brundle both wrong then, but you’re right, keep thinking those thoughts… ;)

Users who are viewing this thread