F1 2022 (2 Viewers)

Paul Anthony

Considering the jumbled up grid, that was dull. Very dull. I can't believe what was looking like a classic season has become so very predictable so quickly.

'DRS train' and 'didn't fight the move' are phrases I'm very much sick of hearing now.

These new cars haven't worked. Not to the extent they were originally meant to anyway.

Saddlebrains

See i dont think the cars are to blame you've just got a 2001-2004 style perfect storm of Red Bull building a phenomenal car and in it is possibly the greatest to drive since Michael and Lewis.

Problem being Sergio is nowhere near him talent wise, Mercedes had built a dog (grabted improving quickly) and Ferrari are just a clusterfuck

hill83

Now I know what non Hamilton fans feel like.
This is boring as fuck. (Didn’t even bother watching today).
I’m going to do a team having a shit season manoeuvre and concentrate of next year. The rules have created a better racing, but the reliance on DRS causes more problems than it solves. And there’s more of a gap between the best and the rest, even considering Ferraris fuck ups.

Saddlebrains

Now I know what non Hamilton fans feel like.
This is boring as fuck. (Didn’t even bother watching today).
I’m going to do a team having a shit season manoeuvre and concentrate of next year. The rules have created a better racing, but the reliance on DRS causes more problems than it solves. And there’s more of a gap between the best and the rest, even considering Ferraris fuck ups.

I wont lie, even though im bored as fuck with it am slightly smug that Hamilton fans are now experiencing what the rest of ud have the last 8 seasons

tisza

It's all still so car-dominated. Verstappen rips through almost uncontested in basically first 3 laps. Was never close. Even podium positions are rarely competitive.
At least Red bull occasionally challenged during the Mercedes years. This is a slaughter. Max can stop Turning up for last 5 races if he wins in Singapore and leclerc doesn't score a point?

Saddlebrains

The scheduling is dog shit aswell.

Doesn't make any sense to fly off to Miami to fly back to Europe to fly back to Canada, back to Europe etc.

On top of the fact that Bahrain and Saudi take place, then you have Qatar towards the end, surely they should be grouped together? The Americas races grouped together?

I love F1 but its starting to become a shambles

Paul Anthony

It's a ridiculous calendar. We're going to end up with north of 25 races a season they way it's going. It's too many. Should be capped at a max of 20 events.

tisza

The scheduling is dog shit aswell.

Doesn't make any sense to fly off to Miami to fly back to Europe to fly back to Canada, back to Europe etc.

On top of the fact that Bahrain and Saudi take place, then you have Qatar towards the end, surely they should be grouped together? The Americas races grouped together?

I love F1 but its starting to become a shambles
Scheduling a mess. Going to be hammered by climate activists for the unnecessary air miles:)
Fans being led by the nose by owners and vested media interests. If I hear Brundle say once more how marvellous it is that cars can follow so close this season i'll just mute him. Don't care if they're close if they can't compete. 11th overtaking 12th is okay but largely irrelevant. Don't have a race where the phrase "DRS train" doesn't come up.
Saw stats that (apart from 2 races) this season there are no noticeable increases in overtakes from last season. If it weren't for the obligatory yellow flag Red Bull would be beating nearly everyone by at least a lap.
So many poor tracks already - poor being less than 3 spots which offer genuine overtaking opportunities.
Still not convinced sprint races offer much in a competitive sense. When they keep harping on about reverse grids you know they believe manufacturers just can't close the gaps enough to make it competitive. 10th best car starts on pole in Monte Carlo and you know best car/driver can't win from 10th so what's the point.

Paul Anthony

Absolutely pouring down in Singapore, start procedure delayed. Spa flashbacks intensify......

SkyBlueSoul

Think my hangover has abated enough for me to pay attention for 2 hours. Haven't paid much attention up until now, only just caught up on quali in the delay

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Hamilton nothing like the driver he's been over the last few years. He should hang up his driving gloves and retire from the sport gracefully.

Saddlebrains

Lewis has clearly lost a tenth or two but thats to be expected.

Even if Mercedes make a great car next year, i dont think he would be able to beat George on outright speed, He will be 38 then and George just coming into his prime years

Let alone if Red Bull and Max are rockets again, and Ferrari if they get their shit together with Leclerc

Lewis's last shot at 8 titles wast last year for me and i really think 2023 will be his last season in the sport

tisza

Lewis has clearly lost a tenth or two but thats to be expected.

Even if Mercedes make a great car next year, i dont think he would be able to beat George on outright speed, He will be 38 then and George just coming into his prime years

Let alone if Red Bull and Max are rockets again, and Ferrari if they get their shit together with Leclerc

Lewis's last shot at 8 titles wast last year for me and i really think 2023 will be his last season in the sport
Think Lewis can be competitive if Mercedes produce a car. But he's 38 and that's a big age difference with his immediate competitors.
These seasons are so long now that age and energy play a bigger part now than they used to.
That's why I'm not keen on these driver comparisons - Verstappen building to his peak, Hamilton's peak was probably a few years back at least.
There is a balance between age and experience. Think at times Alonso has driven the pants of some of these younger drivers despite having an up-and-down car. But also he's had a lot of flat races.
There's so much talent in F1 if they can close the gap in car performance it could be so competitive. This year so much about the car that max really hasn't been challenged.

Paul Anthony

So, all race we were told its not going to be full points, only for full points to somehow be awarded?

Grendel

Congratulations max. Shows last year wasnt a fluke. Covcity4life is always right!

Still supporting the Dutch Orange guy and his racist tribe he hangs around with then? nice

covcity4life

Still supporting the Dutch Orange guy and his racist tribe he hangs around with then? nice
"Let it be a lesson in the future not to use that word, because it's very offensive and especially nowadays, it gets even more traction.

Also See:
"I've spent a bit of time with Nelson, and he's definitely not a racist and he's actually a really nice and relaxed guy.

"The statement he released, you can see the word in two ways but I think it's still better not to use it.

"It's not only about that word, using offensive language to anyone, any colour, is not correct. That's to anyone in the world, not just to Lewis specifically."

Users who are viewing this thread