Fisher in Telegraph Today (1 Viewer)

Ccfc1979

No one should expect we we will be able to return to the Championship immediately, we are only allowed to spend 65% of our turnover on wages - last year's wage bill several million more than entire turnover, can only buy in players if revenue streams with stadium and rent reduction in place, new revenue needs to come from elsewhere too, no takeover he knows of with substance. All sounds grim and nothing at all like he was spouting after Doncaster game. But all is ok, as Joy wants to release some of a dead club to the fans and because we have a loyal fan base...season ticket sales are up on this time last year! So we are asked to follow the relegated squad from last year full of youth, with the wage bill slashed by millions and no additions whilst not even thinking about a promotion push any time soon. Pressure on ACL or the truth and more destruction ahead?!?!

Otis

Exactly as I suspected.

Wouldn't be surprised if we sold Keogh and brought no players in.

And 'no-one should expect an immediate return to the Championship?' He's having a laugh!! I am half expecting a drop to League Two.

We need Sisu gone. It's that simple.

Ccfc1979

They are still making out that they're business model is right for restrictions coming in and EVERYONE ELSE is wrong. They are scum. So angry. Thorn must need his head testing too if he has believed a single word.

Sub

truth coming out, no investment same bullshit as last year, no playing squad more players gone no replacements and they expect us to do well :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: FFS roll up roll up buy your season tickets support the team because as owners we arnt going to:jerkit: :jerkit::jerkit: also we going to sell you back your shares that we stole of you when we took over the club :jerkit::jerkit::jerkit::jerkit:

Otis

They are still making out that they're business model is right for restrictions coming in and EVERYONE ELSE is wrong. They are scum. So angry. Thorn must need his head testing too if he has believed a single word.

AT does need his head testing. Surely he realises this list of players he has lined up is just a futile window shopping gesture.

Otis

truth coming out, no investment same bullshit as last year, no playing squad more players gone no replacements and they expect us to do well :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: FFS roll up roll up buy your season tickets support the team because as owners we arnt going to:jerkit: :jerkit::jerkit: also we going to sell you back your shares that we stole of you when we took over the club :jerkit::jerkit::jerkit::jerkit:

No investment, but obviously been able to sell those magic beans to buy half the Ricoh! :facepalm:

Sub

No investment, but obviously been able to sell those magic beans to buy half the Ricoh! :facepalm:

true otis looks like they are just trying to buy time and get as much money in before they have to leave, i would like to think they are backed into a corner now and will have to sell or continue to hemorage money to the point it bankrupts SISU !!!! hopefully it will bankrupt them and then they have to sell for feck all !!!:jerkit::jerkit:

Otis

This statement also seems to strike of blackmail and is trying to force the hand of Higgs/ACL/The Council.

mattylad

this is just yet more posturing to get a share in the ricoh, it doesn't change anything from where we were yesterday, last week or last month.

Sub

they are all liars and fisher is just a SISU puppet and he just spins more bullshit day after day why anybody belives any different is beyond me:facepalm: :facepalm:

Otis

this is just yet more posturing to get a share in the ricoh, it doesn't change anything from where we were yesterday, last week or last month.

Doesn't it? Thought everyone was saying that since last Thursday the goalposts had moved somewhat.

Grendel

AT does need his head testing. Surely he realises this list of players he has lined up is just a futile window shopping gesture.

Perhaps it's people who believe thorn who need their head testing.

Otis

True. I know I didn't buy any of it. Every time I hear us linked with another player I just say it's another players we aren't going to get.

Will Thorn quit like he threatened? He did say he would only stay if he got the backing and a decent budget.

This seems to say the opposite.

coundonskyblue

<p>

I've defended thorn all last season & still don't blame him for our relegation.

However he now needs to be very sure that he is going to get enough money to get us back up.

If he stays knowing his budget isn't enough then he is deserving of as much criticism as comes his way.

Grendel

Thorn will say "er, things have changed you know, er weve still got some good lads, er whatever happens I'm going to stick with it. I love the club and the fans. Walking away is too easy".

Said all along thorn is a sisu man. Without him sisu would fail to get a manager to operate in these conditions. They would be exposed but thorn will put up with it. They pay for his coaching badges, minute he was offered any other job he's off. With this news he is a victim all over again.

mattylad

Doesn't it? Thought everyone was saying that since last Thursday the goalposts had moved somewhat.
No of course it doesnt, SISU want the stadium share, they will want it at a cut price and it was based on being the only show in town. The CT piece on the Chinese showed that was possibly not the case so the new angle becomes the football budget. The end game for SISU remains the same = cheap stadium purchase

Otis

Thorn will say "er, things have changed you know, er weve still got some good lads, er whatever happens I'm going to stick with it. I love the club and the fans. Walking away is too easy".

Said all along thorn is a sisu man. Without him sisu would fail to get a manager to operate in these conditions. They would be exposed but thorn will put up with it. They pay for his coaching badges, minute he was offered any other job he's off. With this news he is a victim all over again.

Sad but true.

AT needs to make a stand. Surely no manager should have to put up with such conditions.

One thing that would really make Sisu look ridiculous would be if AT quit and no-one even applied for the position. if we had no manager at all then everyone would have to sit up and take notice.

ccfcway

I for one am shocked.

No money for players, more cuts coming, don't expect a promotion charge...

Can't believe they have admitted it.

League two is on its way

Still, more people have given them money than last season already, so happy days.

Otis

Fisher 3 weeks ago.

“We will ask for a budget, and it will be a bounce-back budget.

"We want to have a robust bid to get out of League One; there’s no ‘let’s go down and consolidate for a couple of years and see where we get to’ – we are going to make a bid to get out.”

Yep, doesn't change anything from what he's said today does it. :thinking about:

Voice_of_Reason

Ermmmmm.... I thought the "fair play" rules had been put back to 2014 ? If so, yet another load of bollocks from Sisu's mouth piece !

OyJimmy

Someone is telling porkies here. Given what I've just read I have no difficulty revealing that the source of my thread yesterday was a CCFC Board member. So how is it that Fisher is saying one thing and a board member told me something different a few days ago?

Also just love the tone of the article. Basically it's a threat to the council that they will sell more players if they don't get what they want. Screw them put the rent up and let's see what happens next!

DazzleTommyDazzle

No surprise at all.

It isn't just Keogh that they will try to sell - all players over a given wage (my guess would be about £3k per week) will be off (if they can find buyers).

If we're lucky, we'll fill the gaps with a few Bosmans (as long as they don't want a signing on fee!).

Otis

Apparently AT, having just seen the headlines this morning, has come out and said he is very interested in the turnover.

turnover2.jpg

Otis

No of course it doesnt, SISU want the stadium share, they will want it at a cut price and it was based on being the only show in town. The CT piece on the Chinese showed that was possibly not the case so the new angle becomes the football budget. The end game for SISU remains the same = cheap stadium purchase

Errr ......... CT today ....

'The outlook painted today is a far cry from just an hour after City’s fate was confirmed in the 2-0 Ricoh Arena defeat by Doncaster, when an upbeat Fisher revealed that he planned to go to club owners Sisu to ask for the cash to fund an immediate return to English football’s second tier.

He said at the time: “We will ask for a budget, and it will be a bounce-back budget.
"We want to have a robust bid to get out of League One; there’s no ‘let’s go down and consolidate for a couple of years and see where we get to’ – we are going to make a bid to get out.”

But just three weeks on – during which time those talks have taken place – it appears the goalposts have shifted significantly.
'

You sure nowt has changed? :thinking about:

Sub

like i said before Fisher is there to protect his investment that he has lent to SISU hes a two faced lying bastard!!!!

pusbccfc

So what about the 20,000 wages cut back last week?
We'll get fuck all of that!

PhilWasn'tBabb

Well, it looks like he's asked for the "Bounce-back Budget" and SISU have told him were to go ....

I think we should be very worried by the idea of sisu getting there hands on any part of the ground..., it'll be used to make them money, not the football team seeing as we only account for something like 20% of the grounds income.

Wrenstreetcarpark

Someone is telling porkies here. Given what I've just read I have no difficulty revealing that the source of my thread yesterday was a CCFC Board member. So how is it that Fisher is saying one thing and a board member told me something different a few days ago?

Also just love the tone of the article. Basically it's a threat to the council that they will sell more players if they don't get what they want. Screw them put the rent up and let's see what happens next!

That could only be John Clarke OBEse.
He once told me that he understood football, oh and that if he had had his way he would be signing Ron Atkinson's brother from Oxford United.

Users who are viewing this thread