Fisher in Telegraph Today (1 Viewer)

Brighton Sky Blue

It's referring to the transfer of debts to Sconset, the company that owns the holding company that owns the club (confusing eh!). The ARVO charge puts it first on the list to get assets in the case of liquidation-and as SISU's sister company, you would assume that the assets would then swiftly pass on to SISU-so yes, ARVO has first dibs on the assets ahead of anyone else.

Sky Blues

And that being so, we should interpret the ARVO move as a defensive precaution, rather than as laying the ground work to liquidation?
Against that though Tim Fisher, worryingly, does not give an answer to the liquidation element of questions 2 or 3...

skyblueinBaku

No, because FL rules give anonymity to those with less than a 10% holding, and none of the investors have more than that.
And we have Sisu's word for that................:thinking about:

Brighton Sky Blue

You don't need to look much further than my posts today to see what I think of SISU-in this case though, I doubt they'd be lying about it.

skyblueinBaku

BSB, I think I understand your feelings about Sisu - mine are, I think, the same as yours. But I believe that they would lie to anyone (if they thought they could get away with it) to achieve their ends.

dongonzalos

I presume it is like anything else and there will be a way around one person having more than 10% and getting named

i.e. the same person/company having invested the money under lots of different company names like SISU do.

Or the same person using various different friends business partners and colleagues to invest money so they in fact invest 40% but stay under the 10% radar so they stay secret.

It smacks a bit too convenient to me that no one has invested more than the amount that means you then become named.

However I still standby the fact that the council should not broker any deals with SISU or be subject to their blackmail unless they actually know who they really are dealing with.

Who has invested that money.

For all we know it could be Robert Mugabe :)

dongonzalos

I presume it is like anything else and there will be a way around one person having more than 10% and getting named

i.e. the same person/company having invested the money under lots of different company names like SISU do.

Or the same person using various different friends business partners and colleagues to invest money so they in fact invest 40% but stay under the 10% radar so they stay secret.

It smacks a bit too convenient to me that no one has invested more than the amount that means you then become named.

However I still standby the fact that the council should not broker any deals with SISU or be subject to their blackmail unless they actually know who they really are dealing with.

Who has invested that money.

For all we know it could be Robert Mugabe :)

Or even worse Simon Cowell

dongonzalos

images
simon-cowell.jpg

Brighton Sky Blue

BSB, I think I understand your feelings about Sisu - mine are, I think, the same as yours. But I believe that they would lie to anyone (if they thought they could get away with it) to achieve their ends.

Not disputing that SBD, but I think in this case, the situation is so murky that they probably aren't lying when they say no individual holds more than a 10% stake-because so many individuals hold a piece of the pie.

dongonzalos

Given changing business needs and updates to Geneva, Advent carries out regular operational reviews with clients. “I think in the past year we’ve done 30 to 40 operational reviews with various funds in Asia and in the UK,” says Zdon. “We just did an operational review with SISU Capital. SISU provides their clients with a world class platform and said that the ability to easily get data in and out of the system was a key benefit, whether using quick import to ensure completeness of data, or bookmarks to access information rapidly. As their COO told us – it’s not enough to tell regulators what you’re doing – you need to prove it. Geneva helps them do that.”

HA HA HA HA HA The Irony

So wish the COO of SISU took the same ethos when dealing with fans

http://www.thehedgefundjournal.com/magazine/201204/profile/advent-geneva.php

Users who are viewing this thread