Transfer Rumour Haji Wright (2 Viewers)

Brighton Sky Blue

A bunch of strikers for that price.
Our model is to sell for profit, how are we meant to turn a profit on a player at that price?
We can’t afford Hamer’s wage demands but spunking this much on an unknown player, it’s just baffling

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I mean I highly doubt that the base fee is £7 million.

Brighton Sky Blue

Also. Luton were Powerhouses with Adebayo and Carlton Morris up front last season and absolutely bullied most teams. Do we think this is the approach we are looking at possibly with Simms and this chap?
I would say we're more looking to try and play the same way we did last season but with better players

AiS86

If this happens, we've added him, Simms, Binks and Thomas all 6 foot plus. Thomas being a long throw man, and more attacking wing backs, should on paper at least have a lot more aerial threat

Ccfcisparks

A bunch of strikers for that price.
Our model is to sell for profit, how are we meant to turn a profit on a player at that price?
We can’t afford Hamer’s wage demands but spunking this much on an unknown player, it’s just baffling

Unknown players - He's only a striker for one of the biggest countries in the world, but also played at the world cup.

Brighton Sky Blue

A lil strength upfront don't hurt though!

Well hurt the opposition defenders hopefully
It would give MR the option of playing with either a lone striker or front 2. One thing we haven't really had in recent years is proper height in the side so that would definitely be welcome.

Not really since Ostigard who had the leap of a salmon

skyblu3sk

I’d rather pay £1m loan fee for someone who’s scored goals in this league than £7-8m on a complete unknown.

For that price I’d prefer Adam Armstrong

I'm not sure how many times I have to say this but that figure probably includes a lot of bonuses based on him being successful... if he is we can sell him on for shit loads ala Gyokeres if not we lose a little money. Better that than paying dead money on a player we don't own.

skyblu3sk

Imagine Hamer putting in corners with four 6ft 3 players in the box...
Season 8 Episode 8 Nbc GIF by Brooklyn Nine-Nine

Martin180

We can't be paying that much , he went for 1.9 million in his last few
I reckon 2-2.5 million would be fee

covcity4life

This from US national team Reddit

So many bad opinions in the comments already. If you’ve never seen him play except for limited mins with USMNT then you don’t have a lot of credibility in bashing the kid.

Like it or not, Haji’s a talented young player with potential. Y’all can slate his work rate at the WC, but he accounted for almost all the touches our 9s had in the opponents box at the tournament. His end product wasn’t good, but he was the only one consistently getting the ball in dangerous positions. You can’t score goals if you don’t get into good spots. For the past 2 years Haji has done that and consistently scored goals at club level while competing against progressively better talent.

He went from DEN to TUR and didn’t miss a beat. It’s looking like he’ll prob get a move to a better league during this transfer window. Idk if he’s physical or consistent enough to compete in the EPL right away, but if he ends up in ENG he’ll certainly be forced to raise the level of his game or else he won’t play. I think he would be better suited somewhere in NED, FRA or ESP if the opportunity presents itself.

You also have to think about the type of player Haji is. He doesn’t fit the mold of what Gregg wants from his 9. Haji likes to play on the back shoulder of defenders and run in behind them. He’s not a guy that excels playing back to goal and he isn’t gonna be high pressing defenders for 90’. But if we need a FW that can stretch an opponent’s back line and run the channels then he’s among our best options. With his current career trajectory I’d say he’s somewhere between Jovan Kirovski and Jozy. Enough raw talent for a big club to take a chance on him at a young age, but inconsistent production for club and country. I think Haji’s ceiling could be even higher if he actually stays focused and puts the work in.

This is how I’d rank current USMNT depth at the position (not including players who haven’t declared yet):

1) Sargent
2) Pepi
3) Wright
4) Pefok
5) Dike
6) Vazquez
7) Ferreira

Skybluedownunder

And have southampton quoted someone £7m for Armstrong?

Oh for fucks sake you guys are so annoying. You want facts on everything fuck me!

You guys have said who would you have for that price.

I said Armstrong and now you are like oh how do you know he’d be that much, pathetic! Argue about everything

Brighton Sky Blue

When Vic left we lost our only striker with any kind of physicality, this lad looks to be his replacement and Simms will play off him. I see Godden being on the bench to replace Simms late on.
I see another forward arriving as well as this guy leaving Godden as 4th choice/super sub.

Skybluedownunder

Is that really better than this complete unknown who's got a good scoring record in a top flight as well as World Cup experience?

In my opinion, yes it is. Tom Cannon is highly regarded and knows the English game… this bloke I’ve never heard of

Martin180

Oh for fucks sake you guys are so annoying. You want facts on everything fuck me!

I said Armstrong and now you are like oh how do you know he’d be that much, pathetic! Argue about everything

Sad Cry GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

Brylowes

No. He got 15 goals. Top scorer had 29.

All the initial reaction I've seen is Antalya have done brilliantly to get such a fee. He scores goals but isn't actually that impressive a striker.
It’s amazing how quickly some portions of a fan base can go from “He’s one of our own” to “Good riddance, he was shite anyway” once the reality they’re leaving sets in.
Seen it happen here many many times down the years.

Brighton Sky Blue

In my opinion, yes it is. Tom Cannon is highly regarded and knows the English game… this bloke I’ve never heard of

Not opposed to good quality loans at all. But am slightly opposed to spending £1 million just to get someone in on loan as well as pay their wages. Everton need all the cash they can get, they wouldn't be asking for a fee otherwise.

San Francisco

£7m would be a steal for Armstrong. Didn't he go to Saints for 18m?

Users who are viewing this thread