Transfer Rumour Haji Wright (4 Viewers)

Evo1883

Imagine defences when simms and wright walk out 🤣🤣🤣
Happy Canadian GIF by The Weeknd

Evo1883

Last season he scored 15 goals 6 with his head .. we don't score enough from set pieces as it is

Skybluedownunder

How familiar were you with the signings we've made so far? Not meant as a jab as I'd not heard of Van Ewijk and Sakamoto before we were linked with them and they both come highly rated, if we're bidding a decent amount for this player I'd assume the scouts have had a proper look at him and he's got an impressive record to boot

Van Ewijk was highly rated. I hadn’t heard of him prior but there was a lot of positive noise and he didn’t cost the earth. People felt we got a steal!

This guy is costing a hell of a lot and scored in the Turkish league and mixed reviews from fans who watch him, whereas this guy people want to drive him there they think they’ve got that good of a sale

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

David O'Day

Van Ewijk was highly rated. I hadn’t heard of him prior but there was a lot of positive noise and he didn’t cost the earth. People felt we got a steal!

This guy is costing a hell of a lot and scored in the Turkish league and mixed reviews from fans who watch him, whereas this guy people want to drive him there they think they’ve got that good of a sale

Once again just because you haven't heard of him doesn't make him unknown

napolimp

We don't know if we're signing him yet, and if we do I 100% trust the recruitment process. No point speculating on if he's any good or will work out, based on very limited information. The club will have done their homework.

Brylowes

Went through Twitter and the reaction breaks down like this:
- Antalya fans are gutted they are losing him
- Other fans of Turkish football are stunned at the price
- USA fans think he's dreadful
- Summary as a player: He doesn't often pass the eye test but still scores a lot of goals. Right place, right time kind of guy. Stern John-esque.
Well if he can find himself in the ‘right place’ at the ‘right time’ 20 odd times next season 🤔 he’ll do for me.

Skyblueweeman

I was surprised when we signed Simms.

I was mega-surprised when Van Ewijk signed for us.

If this geezer signs - well - what a show of intent.

If all of these signings play to their full potential, I genuinely feel we've got a decent chance of promotion next season. At least one of the relegated teams will tank season.

What a time to be a Cov fan. Just get Gus to sign a new deal and I think that'll be the best transfer window in my lifetime.

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

11MILLION EUROS

Antalyaspor and Coventry City have reached an agreement for the transfer of Haji Wright for 9 million Euros testimonial + 2 million Euros bonus and 20% share from the subsequent sale.

Gone are the days when we didn't know we had signed some one until they had signed. 🥴

This will probably be bullshit like the rest of them.

Brighton Sky Blue

I was surprised when we signed Simms.

I was mega-surprised when Van Ewijk signed for us.

If this geezer signs - well - what a show of intent.

If all of these signings play to their full potential, I genuinely feel we've got a decent chance of promotion next season. At least one of the relegated teams will tank season.

What a time to be a Cov fan. Just get Gus to sign a new deal and I think that'll be the best transfer window in my lifetime.
Even if he left and were subsequently replaced this month, it's far ahead of what happened last summer.

ajsccfc

I have trouble putting too much stock in the view of opposition fans considering we had similar when taking McGoldrick and Gyokeres. This guy's a full international with a World Cup and top flight experience under his belt which will inflate the price but then we're surely not making such a big move on a whim

Users who are viewing this thread