Hamer (6 Viewers)

djr8369

I want Hamer to stay don't get me wrong, but, there are gonna be other players out there. We won't be broken if he goes. Luton, Sheff Utd and Burnley all did pretty good without Hamer in midfield. It's not keep him or implode.

DK is right to keep the wage structure. The club is always bigger then individual players.
MR know he may well lose him and would have agreed to the wage structure, I suspect, so I am sure he has players in mind.

Matt smith

I want Hamer to stay don't get me wrong, but, there are gonna be other players out there. We won't be broken if he goes. Luton, Sheff Utd and Burnley all did pretty good without Hamer in midfield. It's not keep him or implode.

DK is right to keep the wage structure. The club is always bigger then individual players.
Whilst I agree the club is bigger than individual players, I’d like to see us push the boat out a bit more when it comes to wages

Gus can be replaced with the right recruitment but losing vik and Gus in one window is pretty rough

Grendel

I’m not criticising people for having a different opinion at all. I’m criticising an apparent obsession with bemoaning a new owner, who on the face of things, has done things this club hasn’t had for years. I hate the entitlement. For years we begged to just be a “normal” club, now we are acting fairly normal for once, and people are saying complete rubbish like “DK has a lot to answer for”. People have their knickers in a twist because some people within the club might lose their jobs - GOOD! The club has been ran terribly for years! I’d be more concerned if people weren’t leaving. People are moaning because DK might be micromanaging - fuck me who can blame him; imagine the shower of shit he walked in to, does that not cross peoples minds? If I was all of a sudden in charge of a business that has the potential to earn MILLIONS but has been ran haphazardly for years then I would micromanage the shit out of it until I had people I fully trusted to do it properly.

I love this forum and visit it most days, but Christ some of you make it difficult to read some days.

There’s obviously an agenda but there are concerns which can be sensibly expressed

The corporate pricing “strategy” was a debacle and shows some naivety at best. It’s clear he had no-one lined up so must have hoped existing customers or the waiting list would renew - it was badly managed

He’s not a big businessman. His company is modest and I doubt requires much customer relations management

So there clearly are issues ahead and the nagging question is why is he here

Hobo

Just giving robins a decent budget

I don’t think it’s unreasonable to say fans are reserving judgement on him until this summer plays out

of course I appreciate player identification is down to MR, but he can’t keep pulling rabbits out of hats, and there’s where DK comes in
But again what is a 'decent budget'? Is that 'budget' before any sales of say Gyokeres and Hamer? Or is it a 'decent budget' based on cash generated from those sales?

Is a decent budget inclusive of improving facilities and infra structure or are those thing separate from the 'decent budget'?

Robins can't keep pulling rabbits out of a hat - but why should a new owner be judged on one transfer window following years of neglect and shit policies by previous owners?

sneferu

I think Vic will be easier to replace them Hamer. I would love us to build a team around Hamer, but both are replaceable. 30 million in transfer fees is also very attractive. Unknown for Cov.

Perryccfc

There’s obviously an agenda but there are concerns which can be sensibly expressed

The corporate pricing “strategy” was a debacle and shows some naivety at best. It’s clear he had no-one lined up so must have hoped existing customers or the waiting list would renew - it was badly managed

He’s not a big businessman. His company is modest and I doubt requires much customer relations management

For once Grendal I agree with you.

I am also of the opinion of most in that he needs to do all he can to keep Hamer at the club. Don’t dig heels in or play hardball. Do what is right for the club, but I’m sure Robins is well in the loop with all this.

He’s not perfect, nobody is. And there are many questions around why he’s here and what the end game for him is.

But some of the agendas are bizarre.

rexo87

Pete means people like Overson have been treated badly after what he's done over the last few years. Matches up with Oversons cryptic tweet last week. Guessing he's being told he's not needed around the club anymore and not getting certain privileges he (probably rightly) had before. Just a guess though

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

Matt smith

But again what is a 'decent budget'? Is that 'budget' before any sales of say Gyokeres and Hamer? Or is it a 'decent budget' based on cash generated from those sales?

Is a decent budget inclusive of improving facilities and infra structure or are those thing separate from the 'decent budget'?

Robins can't keep pulling rabbits out of a hat - but why should a new owner be judged on one transfer window following years of neglect and shit policies by previous owners?
A decent budget based on cash generated sales

I think the infrastructure etc stuff going on is great, but only if it doesn’t compromise the success of the first team.

I don’t have a clue about any behind the scenes stuff, and a lot of the stuff he seems to be doing behind the scenes with the training ground etc is great, and props to him

but I’m concerned with the football side or things at the moment, I know it’s early, but a few positive signings and these fears could go away

Skybluedownunder

I personally don’t. However many on here believe he is. I beg to differ, it’s all about opinions on that matter.

Re: sponsors. King priced out any perspective sponsors and there isn’t a queue of potential sponsors as of Monday

Coventry building society would have looked great on the shirts like it does on the training kits

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Matt smith

For once Grendal I agree with you.

I am also of the opinion of most in that he needs to do all he can to keep Hamer at the club. Don’t dig heels in or play hardball. Do what is right for the club, but I’m sure Robins is well in the loop with all this.

He’s not perfect, nobody is. And there are many questions around why he’s here and what the end game for him is.

But some of the agendas are bizarre.
This is one of my main if not the only bug bear I say about DK and you agree with this Perry?

annoying the stance he’s taking re Gus contract

Deity

I was told he attempted to charge the players for the tickets they are allocated for their families at Wembley. They kicked off and refused them so King put them on sale to fans.
I’m not sure I feel too much sympathy for the players on this one. They are all incredibly well payed and could afford the tickets.

Skyblue_CP

This is exactly my thoughts with regards to questioning his motives. It’s fair to say he isn’t endlessly wealthy, so why has a modest businessman bought a club that realistically he can’t afford to run or finance the targets he’s set for the manager and it’s not a vanity project. What’s his aim? Why has he purchased a football club? He’s not got any previous ties with the club etc

Matt smith

You’re almost on the money on 90% of the the stuff you type on here Matt.

I wouldn’t share some of the stuff I know on here but you’re close to the facts old boy believe me.
Thank you old boy, thought so

let’s get that contract sorted, Doug king did an interview when he bought the club saying he wanted to keep our best players, prove it

Last edited:

San Francisco

This is exactly my thoughts with regards to questioning his motives. It’s fair to say he isn’t endlessly wealthy, so why has a modest businessman bought a club that realistically he can’t afford to run or finance the targets he’s set for the manager and it’s not a vanity project. What’s his aim? Why has he purchased a football club? He’s not got any previous ties with the club etc

I said something very similar earlier on. His previous ties with SISU made a few on here suspicious when it was announced that he was buying 85% of the club.

It’s a relief he’s cleaning up off the pitch but on the pitch is where his mettle will be tested. Hopefully we’re wrong and he puts some investment in and we keep Hamer.

NorthernWisdom

Yeah, I do have concerns about his style / naivety (my phone wants naturists!) / business sense. He got off very easily saying when he came in he hadn't really thought about the ground and that was madness as we needed some kind of plan. We don't know, but the need to squeeze from ticket sales could be magnified by that.

It's also clear he has alienated a number of staff. Fair? You'll always alienate some. At the same time, go too far and you can cause a crisis. I've worked places where the ghosts of previous management stalk the corridors long after they've left(!)

As for Hamer? At the end of the season before least the highest wage earner was Waghorn on close to £12k. £20k is a big jump from that, so it's maybe unsurprising it becomes a challenge for the club, especially as his current contract was mooted as unsustainable when signed.

To counter that, he has given the manager and assistant new contracts, and is sorting the training ground. He's interesting in the foundations, and a base that hasn't been touched for ages. He also stopped sales in January and allowed players to come in that drove us towards the playoffs

If transfer fees go on new players and running the club I'm happy. If they go on interest payments less so. It's early days and we have to see how it pans out, peaks and troughs, to get a bigger picture... and that won't be clear for a while.

Flying Fokker

Just giving robins a decent budget

I don’t think it’s unreasonable to say fans are reserving judgement on him until this summer plays out

of course I appreciate player identification is down to MR, but he can’t keep pulling rabbits out of hats, and there’s where DK comes in
Mind/population control, experimental drugs, choose your KoolAid
Most of use choose alcohol

Flying Fokker

I said something very similar earlier on. His previous ties with SISU made a few on here suspicious when it was announced that he was buying 85% of the club.

It’s a relief he’s cleaning up off the pitch but on the pitch is where his mettle will be tested. Hopefully we’re wrong and he puts some investment in and we keep Hamer.
He’s working from the new pitch up.

Flying Fokker

Because the owner is taking control of all aspects (rightly or wrongly) hence why the issues behind the scenes are coming to a head.
Dude, if you are known to the higher echelons of CCFC or rub shoulders with those jockeying for position, maybe this is not a good place to be spouting what you know. Or are you Machiavelli reincarnated? It’s unhelpful and narcissistic.

You certainly seem to have your ear cupped to listen out for the latest goss, downfall, toys out of pram moment…Maybe play a few more rounds of golf instead?

skyblu3sk

I honestly think it's to be "the bad guy" get the club functioning and flip it at a profit to new owners and slink back off in to the background. If its the case I'm OK with it.

Users who are viewing this thread