And The Cracks are Beggining to Show (1 Viewer)

Otis

He's not making numerous mistakes but it's ridiculous that others can't express criticism or questions his tactics.
Agree with that. It seems though to a number of people here that loads of things are wrong, when they are clearly not.

We've had one defeat in something like 12 or 13 matches, yet TM is wrong not to pick Tudgay, should have brought an experienced keeper in and not played Fortune on the wing and not dropped Murphy. Also Lameiras shoukd be playing and we're getting outwitted too and Joe Cole is waste of space.

Sounds more like we've lost 6 on the bounce rather than just once in a dozen matches.;)

We just need some perspective.
There's a few little things that aren't quite right, but it's not the end of the world!

wingy

I'm not so sure It's just other teams setting up to nullify us.
We seem to be much slower in our overall approach /passing movement.
We also seem too slow to make up the ground between midfield and attack, IE the space between the two Is too great,that's something I've thought for the majority of the season, guess I'm saying they're too deep or when the wide players tear away they're lagging behind. We really need to decide who is best for the No 10 position and stick to it.
That may be resolved With Maddisons return.
Can anyone verify Is Lameiras left footed and JOB right?

SkyBlue_Bear83

I'm not so sure It's just other teams setting up to nullify us.
We seem to be much slower in our overall approach /passing movement.
We also seem too slow to make up the ground between midfield and attack, IE the space between the two Is too great,that's something I've thought for the majority of the season, guess I'm saying they're too deep or when the wide players tear away they're lagging behind. We really need to decide who is best for the No 10 position and stick to it.
That may be resolved With Maddisons return.
Can anyone verify Is Lameiras left footed and JOB right?
Kent, Murphy and Armstrong all become less effective when teams sit deep and don't give them space to exploit with pace. I'm convinced to break down these stubborn teams we need the good link play and pass and move and ability to handle the ball in tight spaces that Maddison, Lameiras and JOB provided early season.

wingy

Kent, Murphy and Armstrong all become less effective when teams sit deep and don't give them space to exploit with pace. I'm convinced to break down these stubborn teams we need the good link play and pass and move and ability to handle the ball in tight spaces that Maddison, Lameiras and JOB provided early season.

Totally agree.

dongonzalos

Agree especially maddison

dongonzalos

I can't believe our wage bill is not in the top 6 clubs.

A quote from SW

“From our Football League benchmark figure this year we’ll be between sixth and eighth in terms of spend on the playing squad, and obviously we were between sixth and eighth at the bottom of the league, so that wasn’t good enough,” admitted Waggott

Terry Gibson's perm

Teams are sitting deeper and playing with lots deep but our midfield still sit deep as somebody said Bigi was almost another centre half at times, Kent looks great on the eye but there is no end product.

Grendel

A quote from SW

“From our Football League benchmark figure this year we’ll be between sixth and eighth in terms of spend on the playing squad, and obviously we were between sixth and eighth at the bottom of the league, so that wasn’t good enough,” admitted Waggott

So it could be top 6 then and also that is from the submission at the start of the season. Even then there are two assumptions;

All clubs spend the full amount
We are probably over the estimated revenue so could increase ours

As I said i would be very surprised if we are not in the top 6 wages.

dongonzalos

So it could be top 6 then and also that is from the submission at the start of the season. Even then there are two assumptions;

All clubs spend the full amount
We are probably over the estimated revenue so could increase ours

As I said i would be very surprised if we are not in the top 6 wages.

You are probably surprised then as the only quote says 8th to 6th so at a push we maybe 6th if we are lucky.

Grendel

You are probably surprised then as the only quote says 8th to 6th so at a push we maybe 6th if we are lucky.

No as it only is submitted at that time. Most opposition clubs seem to believe we are comfortably is the top 6 - probably top 3 or 4. Anyway, this concept appears to be beyond you. Best stick to something you know about. Like where the butts is.

Oh....sorry.

stupot07

Walsall won, we're now 4th, only 3 points ahead of 5th and only 6 from 7th/8th who have games in hand.
0b566628b44b598a56b84a1f8583f128.jpg

And before our mini slump of 3 points from 4, we were top 3 points ahead of Gillingham in second.

753ca9084f0add20f722b2229d258bb5.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Last edited:

Macca

Walsall won, we're now 4th, only 3 points ahead of 5th and only 6 from 7th/8th who have games in hand.
0b566628b44b598a56b84a1f8583f128.jpg

And before our mini slump of 3 points from 4, we were top 3 points ahead of Gillingham in second.

753ca9084f0add20f722b2229d258bb5.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Quite worrying how quickly it has changed in a month. I still feel the play offs are within our capabilities but can't understand why pointing out the facts as above inspires such hissy fits? Bearing in mind how arrogant we were about what a shit league it is after Gillingham, 3pts from 12 is shit

SkyBlue_Bear83

Quite worrying how quickly it has changed in a month. I still feel the play offs are within our capabilities but can't understand why pointing out the facts as above inspires such hissy fits? Bearing in mind how arrogant we were about what a shit league it is after Gillingham, 3pts from 12 is shit
And it could swing back in our favour just as quickly, that is how this league is, we haven't became a poor team over the last few weeks. Would be a massive disappointment if we didn't even make play offs from the position we are in.

dongonzalos

No as it only is submitted at that time. Most opposition clubs seem to believe we are comfortably is the top 6 - probably top 3 or 4. Anyway, this concept appears to be beyond you. Best stick to something you know about. Like where the butts is.

Oh....sorry.

Sorry G man stick to the facts. We can't have your supposition on what our budget is. You only deal with facts. Who are the most opposition clubs saying our budget is a top four budget and where have they stated it?

letsallsingtogether

Sorry G man stick to the facts. We can't have your supposition on what our budget is. You only deal with facts. Who are the most opposition clubs saying our budget is a top four budget and where have they stated it?

In the land of Oz or was it never never land

covcity4life

And it could swing back in our favour just as quickly, that is how this league is, we haven't became a poor team over the last few weeks. Would be a massive disappointment if we didn't even make play offs from the position we are in.

No mate it can only get worse! Or at least certain posters hope this is the case

Otis

Yep. We've lost one one game in thirteen matches. Our whole world has crumbled around us.

One game lost and that was one where we were robbed by incompetent officiating.

Last edited:

covcity4life

It's it'd any comfort the usual suspects were doing the same thing after swindon draw....we know how we followed that up

letsallsingtogether

It's it'd any comfort the usual suspects were doing the same thing after swindon draw....we know how we followed that up
Who are these suspects?
Come on we are still waiting oh and opposition supporters don't count.

Gazolba

A lot of people on here are under the impression that our opponents are just going to let us win. Enough games have been played now that our opponents have figured out how to nullify our strengths and exploit our weaknesses. Now it comes down to the manager who must pick the players and decide the tactics. I think we can say that Mowbray has got it wrong a few times recently. Maybe he is under some unknown constraints on who he must play, or maybe there are other considerations we are unaware of, but some of his starting picks and substitutions have been strange to say the least.

Last edited:

Astute

I would like to know why it is that those who thought we would be mid table at best are moaning about us dropping to 4th.

RCC being fouled for Oldhams goal not being noticed cost us 2 points. The officials against Sheffield United most probably cost us 3 points. It has also changed our GD. Where would we be with these last two games having ended differently alone? But it seems that some are after revenge against RCC for Burge. And some others just want to have a moan.

Yes we are on a bad run. But this bad run is only having one defeat. We are not doing as bad as some say. And there is still a long way to go.

Otis

I would like to know why it is that those who thought we would be mid table at best are moaning about us dropping to 4th.

RCC being fouled for Oldhams goal not being noticed cost us 2 points. The officials against Sheffield United most probably cost us 3 points. It has also changed our GD. Where would we be with these last two games having ended differently alone? But it seems that some are after revenge against RCC for Burge. And some others just want to have a moan.

Yes we are on a bad run. But this bad run is only having one defeat. We are not doing as bad as some say. And there is still a long way to go.
Yep, the bad run is 1 defeat in 13 games.

Wish we'd had a lot of bad runs these past few years.

mechaishida

A lot of people on here are under the impression that our opponents are just going to let us win. Enough games have been played now that our opponents have figured out how to nullify our strengths and exploit our weaknesses. Now it comes down to the manager who must pick the players and decide the tactics. I think we can say that Mowbray has got it wrong a few times recently. Maybe he is under some unknown constraints on who he must play, or maybe there are other considerations we are unaware of, but some of his starting picks and substitutions have been strange to say the least.

I do echo this sentiment, especially the part about TM being under some odd constraints with team selection and tactics...maybe teams are indeed figuring us out, but then, TM doesn't strike me as a 2-dimensional tactician?

Surely he has more in the bag than all-out attack and the strange formation he played on Saturday?

I have every faith in the man, he's saved us from the indignity of languishing near the bottom half of this league, but now I believe is the key juncture where he'll either get us promoted or we'll end up mid-table come the end of the season.

He's still new to this league, people forget that. Kevin Keegan was a similar attack-minded coach, and his teams would either win heavily or get thrashed at this level (with Man City).

If TM is under outside constraints or pressure regarding team selection or tactics, or whatever, he won't stand it for long.

I dunno, I still get a feeling something's amiss. Hopefully it's minimal and we get back into a good rhythm.

mechaishida

Would you rather paper over the cracks and live in ignorant bliss, mate? Yes, shit luck has suckered us in the last two games, but the issues are obvious...odd selections, odd formations, odd substitutions and negative tactics. Like I said to Otis, if TM and his tactics are above criticism then it's a bad show.

I'm not one to ignore the obvious, and yes I know I'm a twat. :D

Otis

Would you rather paper over the cracks and live in ignorant bliss, mate? Yes, shit luck has suckered us in the last two games, but the issues are obvious...odd selections, odd formations, odd substitutions and negative tactics. Like I said to Otis, if TM and his tactics are above criticism then it's a bad show.

No-one has said his tactics are beyond criticism.

I am just saying the degree of criticism where seemingly everything is wrong (Shouldn't play Cole, should have played Murphy, should have brought an experienced keeper in, shouldn't have dropped Lameiras, being outwitted by the opposition, shouldn't be playing Fortune, should be playing Tudgay etc. etc.) is incorrect and wildly over the top.

No problem with criticism at all, but at the first sign of failure, it almost feels like everything is wrong to some people, when it clearly isn't.

Freak result last week, in a game we should have won and we were seconds from 3 points yesterday too.

No problem with criticism, I just think we need some perspective.

I don't see how all these things can be wrong, yet we can lose just one game in thirteen!!

H

Huckerby

The issues are obvious? So if we ignore the suckered punches in the last two games, what are the obvious issues?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

matesx

the biggest issue for me is to get an experienced keeper in ASAP

..... and a commanding CB

we look dodgy as feck defending corners

Users who are viewing this thread