Imagine if Mike Ashley stepped in...... (1 Viewer)

Esoterica

a bucket and then couldn't get it off his foot again.

SBchimp

You'll be OK on here then.

giphy.gif
An excellent point well made

letsallsingtogether

Would he make sure we had enough stock in the Club shop have been trying to get an away shirt for my daughter for over 10 weeks still none in stock unless you want a xxxl.
Seriously fucking shit, they cant even run a shop.

thekidfromstrettoncamp

Would he make sure we had enough stock in the Club shop have been trying to get an away shirt for my daughter for over 10 weeks still none in stock unless you want a xxxl.
Seriously fucking shit, they cant even run a shop.
The way the club shop and promoting the game is run is a disgrace.If you were not a City fan you would not even know theres a games on today .There is plenty of potenial , but the marketing is rubbish.

Philosorapter

I hear he's close to selling Newcastle United (again).
I just wondered how you would feel if something like this suddenly happened : You wake up, turn on the radio and hear that Ashley is in talks with SISU to take over CCFC, just before the deadline with Wasps is about to expire . There are no other details about the stadium or how much money he might (though he is likely) to put in some. What would be your gut reaction ?
Do you think its got to be better than SISU or bloody hell, what are we getting into now ?
I guess I'm asking whether there any realistic circumstances where a completely new owner with no links to SISU could possibly be as disastrous. I bet there are , but I'd take the chance, as I can't see any way out of this current mess.

Who would have known, Alan Dugdales Moustache ITK

The Philosopher

This is an old thread which I thought I might bump.

One or two posters on here have expressed a sneaky feeling that Ashley is somehow waiting in the wings or is the “silent backer” of CCFC.

Is this realistic or totally fanciful?

Some things to consider:

Frasers could just possibly have allowed the Wasps to play here and squeezed more juice out of the stadium asset. This would have been detrimental to CCFC but would they have cared?

Frasers agreed a 10 year deal with CCFC and have then spent money on doing up the stadium and are looking at installing safe standing. It may be that they were required to undertake some essential maintenance but my impression is that they have gone above and beyond. Who would pay for the safe standing and if it is Frasers then what would they get out of it given the 10 year deal has been done?

Hoffman being involved adds credibility to the potential link between CCFC and Frasers, if not now, then potentially in the future. Whatever people think of Hoffman, he’s Sky Blue through and through.

From a standalone point of view, Frasers seem IMO to have gone above and beyond what other landlords might have done with their asset. Some might have just tried to squeeze what they can out of an asset with a captive tenant. (I use the phrase captive tenant because the potential of CCFC building a new stadium with current finance costs of about 10% pa is for the birds)

So, why have Frasers taken that stance?

I expected DK to have released say, 10m of the 20m Gyok eventual money for transfers.

At the time of writing Wright is due to sign which may mean we have spent more than expected (unless Hamer goes). This is bold on behalf of DK and either shows great ambition or knowledge that there is a safety net somewhere.

Is the safety net MA?

I personally have no idea, but if someone credible / ITK were to say that he was then I wouldn’t write them off as a crackpot.

Last edited:

Sky Blue Pete

This is an old thread which I thought I might bump.

One or two posters on here have expressed a sneaky feeling that Ashley is somehow waiting in the wings or is the “silent backer” of CCFC.

Is this realistic or totally fanciful?

Some things to consider:

Frasers could just possibly have allowed the Wasps to play here and squeezed more juice out of the stadium asset. This would have been detrimental to CCFC but would they have cared?

Frasers agreed a 10 year deal with CCFC and have then spent money on doing up the stadium and are looking at installing safe standing. It may be that they were required to undertake some essential maintenance but my impression is that they have gone above and beyond. Who would pay for the safe standing and if it is Frasers then what would they get out of it given the 10 year deal has been done?

Hoffman being involved adds credibility to the potential link between CCFC and Frasers, if not now, then potentially in the future. Whatever people think of Hoffman, he’s Sky Blue through and through.

From a standalone point of view, Frasers seem IMO to have gone above and beyond what other landlords might have done with their asset. Some might have just tried to squeeze what they can out of an asset with a captive tenant. (I use the phrase captive tenant because the potential of CCFC building a new stadium with current finance costs of about 10% pa is for the birds)

So, why have Frasers taken that stance?

I expected DK to have released say, 10m of the 20m Gyok eventual money for transfers.

At the time of writing Wright is due to sign which may mean we have spent more than expected (unless Hamer goes). This is bold on behalf of DK and either shows great ambition or knowledge that there is a safety net somewhere.

Is the safety net MA?

I personally have no idea, but if someone credible / ITK were to say that he was then I wouldn’t write them off as a crackpot.
A few bits that aren’t right
Wasps went bust there was no team to allow to play here
A 5 year licence has been agreed
Ccfc are funding the safe standing
Hoffman is far from universally liked
Frasers have invested money to gain a profit. It’s what anyone else that owned the stadium could or would have done if they had the money too
There isn’t a whiff of anything to say frasers or Ashley are backing the club in any way

Im surprised by the money spent and wages increase but dk has used the money from the yok sale on players and their wages

slowpoke

We will never know what or if there is a link and frankly I don’t care.
As you mentioned him Gary Hoffman seems to be the link if there is one.
As for the playing side of things Doug King has said the Gyorkeres money will mostly be spent on the team not all but most. With the recent signing of Haji Wright my fag packet maths has us spending about £15million so far so hopefully there’s still a bit in the pot.

rob9872

I gave up bring obsessed with owners since all we've ever had are absolute weapons. Too early to judge Doug, but all of his predecessors long before SISU who were obviously the worst. Fact is many club owners are the same and as fans we all want a little bit more.

Concentrate on the pitch, we can't affect off it and what will be will be. Puts you in a lot less angry place about the whole club trust me.

Levship20

That did surprise me actually no frasers sponsorship
Don’t believe Mike Ashley has a huge hand in the Fraser Group? Isn’t it his son-in-law?? Could be wrong? However, I do think GH will watch how things pan out and make recommendations to his bosses on how the FG could become more involved, as this is something he will want to do.

the rumpo kid

Wxxxs went into administration not liquidation. And if they had been offered or been able to acquire a ground to play on at an affordable rate they would be playing championship Rugby this.comming season. It would still bring in revenue for the stadium in some form or another.
I don't know but I THINK Ashley wasn't really interested in them or making things easy for them.

The Philosopher

Wxxxs went into administration not liquidation. And if they had been offered or been able to acquire a ground to play on at an affordable rate they would be playing championship Rugby this.comming season. It would still bring in revenue for the stadium in some form or another.
I don't know but I THINK Ashley wasn't really interested in them or making things easy for them.
That’s how I see it too. Wasps, theoretically, could have continued if they could secure somewhere to play and find funding.

The w***s “brand” had / has some kind of value in terms of sponsorship and they do have some kind of fan base that could have created a revenue stream. Granted, nothing compared to ours over the past 3 years but a revenue stream nonetheless.

I was surprised, pleasantly, that a stadium company connected with the notoriously profiteering (zero hours contracts) MA doesn’t seem to have tried to squeeze every potential revenue stream from the stadium.

Samo

So...
A business man who once owned a football club and has since tried to buy another, buys a football stadium.
He then employs a lifelong fan of the football club resident in that stadium to run it.
That football club begins spending way beyond expectations in the transfer market.
I think even Watson, let alone Sherlock might be pulling out his magnifying glass.

NorthernWisdom

So...
A business man who once owned a football club and has since tried to buy another, buys a football stadium.
He then employs a lifelong fan of the football club resident in that stadium to run it.
That football club begins spending way beyond expectations in the transfer market.
I think even Watson, let alone Sherlock might be pulling out his magnifying glass.
Says football club is still in net credit for transfer fees this season, though?

Users who are viewing this thread