Imagine if Mike Ashley stepped in...... (1 Viewer)

Robinshio

It isn’t investment it’s spending what we brought in. What is true though is he seems to be giving a high % back to the manager to use which not all owners do.
need to consider wages aswell, so i think the high % will be close to 100

The Philosopher

Cash is King.

One “feary” theory at the outset was that DK had taken on (£30m? £60m? whatever) of debt at a point where we had saleable assets of (and this is just plucking numbers tbh) of £30m or whatever to balance the books.

It would have been a disappointing but not hugely shocking surprise if DK had cashed in on Vik and Gus in this window and said:

“we’ve had to do that to balance the books from the SISU days - debt / equity deals are complex and by doing this we now have a really strong base to build. It would be irresponsible if I saddled the club with debt at the current high costs of finance. I’m a sensible businessman and have done what I thought best and 100% of the money has gone into the club finances and I’ve not taken any of it out. I trust MR to work his magic etc”

(I know it’s pie sky but just for illustration)

We would be annoyed, but with the right PR message we would have just cracked on supporting the club. After all, as fans we’ve been through the wringer and could probably accept that being secure is preferable to being in debt.

This time last year, if someone would have said we are talking about signing £8m World Cup strikers and were amongst the favourites to go up I’d have told them to have a check up from the neck up.

Anyway, fair play to Doug or (if) whoever is playing backstop.

Good times.

The Philosopher

Less certain of that, we shipped out a lot in wages from Walker/Dabo/DaCosta/Waghorn etc so that will have freed up a considerable amount of cash.
Maybe.

Then Gyok as well.

Just back envelope, for fun to keep minds occupied whilst we keep checking the CCFC website to see if Wright has signed:

Walker 10
Dabo 5
Dacosta 5
Waghorn 13 k/week£

Gyok 7

40?

Loanee wages? Suppose they count in the mix.

I think VanEwijk and Sims must be on serious money alone. Wouldn’t shock me if £20k each (did someone say our cap is £19k? - who knows). Dasilva? Tats? Lad from Burnley whose name I’ve just forgotten, Labeaudier (sp?) too.

Then Wright?

I think we’ve moved away from £3-£5 k per week players. I think wage bill considerably higher this year - partly covered by high ST sales.

Brighton Sky Blue

Maybe.

Then Gyok as well.

Just back envelope, for fun to keep minds occupied whilst we keep checking the CCFC website to see if Wright has signed:

Walker 10
Dabo 5
Dacosta 5
Waghorn 13 k/week£

Gyok 7

40?

Loanee wages? Suppose they count in the mix.

I think VanEwijk and Sims must be on serious money alone. Wouldn’t shock me if £20k each (did someone say our cap is £19k? - who knows). Dasilva? Tats? Lad from Burnley whose name I’ve just forgotten, Labeaudier (sp?) too.

Then Wright?

I think we’ve moved away from £3-£5 k per week players. I think wage bill considerably higher this year - partly covered by high ST sales.
I assume our standard wage now is between 10 and 20k.

Alkhen

The Upshot have made an episode about Mike Ashley, anyone who thought he'd be good for our club needs to listen! Funny but must have been grim for the fans

pusbccfc

The helicopter has been in and out of Coventry the past few weeks so it's likely to be his son rather than Mike.

Sbarcher

Maybe just collecting stadiums!

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

No. Big Mike isn't on the Frasers Group Board anymore so he's got nothing to do with the CBS.
Then it would depend on how he buys Reading? Usually Fraser’s group is his vehicle to buying anything.

my mate has also said reading
- currently don’t own their ground
- tons of debt
- only asset is the training ground

sound familiar?

MAFF

Then it would depend on how he buys Reading? Usually Fraser’s group is his vehicle to buying anything.

my mate has also said reading
- currently don’t own their ground
- tons of debt
- only asset is the training ground

sound familiar?
Yeah but I don't think it was Frasers Group that owned Newcastle was it? I thought it was just MA? Same with when he was looking at buying Derby County.

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

Yeah but I don't think it was Frasers Group that owned Newcastle was it? I thought it was just MA? Same with when he was looking at buying Derby County.
Good point, be interesting to see where it goes. Apparently the tax bill is due tomorrow and they want someone to pay it

oscillatewildly

Fraser group have reportedly sold the 'Missguided' clothing brand to a Chinese clothing 'giant'.
How very apt that would be if they were to be our kit manufacturer next season, given this seasons transfer signing folly.

alexccfc99

And it isn't in any case

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk
Ashley will still have some sway - his son in law runs in

Maybe I am reaching here, but if us and Reading were ever in the scenario we were going for a promotion or something you wouldn’t put it past him to shaft us with the stadium or something like that

Sick Boy

Ashley will still have some sway - his son in law runs in

Maybe I am reaching here, but if us and Reading were ever in the scenario we were going for a promotion or something you wouldn’t put it past him to shaft us with the stadium or something like that
I doubt it very much.

alexccfc99

I doubt it very much.
Well - Despite the belief on here he would be the glorious white knight and that the millions of Newcastle and Rangers fans who can’t stand him are all deluded and wrong

Ashley is a bellend, and if you don’t think he’s still calling the shots over his son in law then you’re wrong, so I definitely wouldn’t put it past him further down the line!

Things have got better at The CBS but I’m still very weary of his involvement

Nick

Administrator
Course Ashley is involved with the CBS.

Wonder what "investment" he will give to Reading? A loan or all out trying to buy them?

Would it class as a conflict that his company owns the stadium one team play in but he owns another team?

slowpoke

Course Ashley is involved with the CBS.

Wonder what "investment" he will give to Reading? A loan or all out trying to buy them?

Would it class as a conflict that his company owns the stadium one team play in but he owns another team?
Thought William Storey was in for Reading ?

Users who are viewing this thread