Imagine if Mike Ashley stepped in...... (3 Viewers)

Samo

He’s as mad a cheese that fella.

I think he probably fills up his trolley in the supermarket and then pretends he's forgotten his wallet and puts it all back.

Flying Fokker

Fraser group have reportedly sold the 'Missguided' clothing brand to a Chinese clothing 'giant'.
How very apt that would be if they were to be our kit manufacturer next season, given this seasons transfer signing folly.
Early days to describe the signings as a folly.

The Philosopher

I still think Frasers owning the CBS and Mike owning Reading is a bit too close to breaching ownership rules. However the shareholding and company is set up, it still looks like Mike could call the shots if required.

Doug should ring him:

“Mike, you’re going to run into hurdles by owning Reading. What did you give for the CBS? £18m? Let me help you out - I’ve got a few players I’ve just given £18m for….

Yes, you can have them at Reading as a swap…..

…their names?

Hadji Wright and Liam Kitching and….

….Mike…? Mike?… are you there…??

Oh. Looks like the lines gone dead”

Last edited:

The Philosopher

Frasers group are buying Headingly
On the subject of buying stadiums Ashley could do worse than buying Liberty Way.

It’s a shame what’s happened to them over the years.

(I know there’s probably no sound business reason for this, just feel sorry for them)

Or Doug does. Play the u21 and League Cup games there.

Could even buy the club if it goes into admin and do something by putting a few u21s in the squad.

Didn’t Cov used to own Leamington’s old ground?

Probably a daft thought but have just been reading about their plight (and randomly ended up on Noel Kelly’s blog (he was a client when I was a trainee at Walker Thompson) and the George Best and Mohammed Ali stuff - cure for insomnia if you like that kind of thing). It’d be a shame if Nuneaton Borough just went by the wayside, there’s potential to do something somewhere.

alexccfc99

On the subject of buying stadiums Ashley could do worse than buying Liberty Way.

It’s a shame what’s happened to them over the years.

(I know there’s probably no sound business reason for this, just feel sorry for them)

Or Doug does. Play the u21 and League Cup games there.

Could even buy the club if it goes into admin and do something by putting a few u21s in the squad.

Didn’t Cov used to own Leamington’s old ground?

Probably a daft thought but have just been reading about their plight (and randomly ended up on Noel Kelly’s blog (he was a client when I was a trainee at Walker Thompson) and the George Best and Mohammed Ali stuff - cure for insomnia if you like that kind of thing). It’d be a shame if Nuneaton Borough just went by the wayside, there’s potential to do something somewhere.
What use would not even a National League North stadium on the middle of an industrial estate in a medium sized town like Nuneaton be to Fat Mike

The Philosopher

What use would not even a National League North stadium on the middle of an industrial estate in a medium sized town like Nuneaton be to Fat Mike
Read paragraph 3 again.

The stadium might end up with no football team and just a plot of land in an industrial estate in a medium sized town at this rate (which ironically would be a perfect place for a Frasers distribution centre).

I don’t think the greedy bugger would to pull a stunt like playing buying Borough for a quid, shifting the team to play at the CBS, distressing their landlord, getting the stadium for a song and moving them back. That’s not what I’m saying. He won’t get involved of course, I just feel sorry for Nuneaton Borough.

(Although I would laugh if William Storey popped up as he does)

SlowerThanPlatt

chiefdave

£1m a year rent and losing all the revenue England bring playing in the second division. What could possibly go wrong?
When they lost an international game as part of the punishment for the racism case they pushed, successfully, to have it reinstated as they claimed it was no possible for the club to survive if there was a season without the income from international games.

Users who are viewing this thread