Investment on the Horizon? (3 Viewers)

Skyblueweeman

Oh right; should we receive any payments from the possible deal of CW that money will go directly towards improving the team? I think not.......management fees anyone?

You do realise that there's more to pay than management fees (although as someone has already said, they've been paid) for the running of a football club.

* Rent at the Ricoh
* Playing squad wages
* Backroom staff wages
* We've 'apparently' spent money on transfer fees
* Utility bills at Ryton
* Coach hire to games
* Hotel stays/Pre-match meal costs
* Pitch up-keep at Ryton
* Marketing costs (likely to be minimal but still potential costs)
* SKITC costs
* Ryton maintenance costs
* Agent fees

This is just off the top of my head. I suspect that transfer fees are needed on top of ST money, gate receipts and TV money to 'make ends meet'.

Skyblueweeman

Weren't wages about 5m?

Not sure to be honest. But what have we got...something like 6,000 ST holders? What would be the average ST value...£250? My figures might be a bit off but I don't think they're way out...that comes to just £1.5m. If you're right, then that's wages covered for only a third of the season, give or take.

robbiekeane

doesnt make any odds whether they have been paid or not, they would have still been booked in the accounts and contributed to the loss. If SISU are maintaining we have to break even , they will need to cut costs to reduce the deficit or add player sales ( btw i am an accountant)
tyTc1Nl.jpg

Captain Dart

accd10.jpg

wingy

Average L1 wage is £69,500 a year. If we've got a £5m wage bill we either have 70 players on the average wage or are paying triple the league average.

Closer to £2m I think.
Quoted from within the Club as £2.3M last season and £2.1M this.
But does the £2.3M equate to the 11000 target or the second one of 14000?
IIRC the injection required was £600K
That would give a figure of just over £210 per ST.
Now I get a question raising it's head in that if she injected £600K did Mowbray actually spend £2.9M or do ST sales average at more like £170 per head and the staff were wrong by roughly 25% of the player budget, cos that is some margin of error.

Last edited:

mrtrench

Then how are getting to over 5m in staff costs? it's sounding like hefty management fees to me any ideas?

Nick

Administrator
Then how are getting to over 5m in staff costs? it's sounding like hefty management fees to me any ideas?
wages.PNG

wages21.PNG

This is the year before. Social Security takes up a chunk.

Wouldn't Management fees be seperate? One for osb I think.

How much are stewards paid per game?

Malaka

That is a large amount of salaries. Most of the players are on a bag a week

shmmeee

It was everybody at the club from what I remember (all staff) with pensions and NI and stuff as well.

In which case if we are paying more in wages to non playing staff than playing staff something is wrong.

But now you mention it, I do remember a £5m figure. Sounds high to me.

Edit: hadn't kept scrolling...

mrtrench

Another interesting line is the reduction in interest payable. Was it last year that some debt was converted to equity?

Captain Dart

You have to wonder at what comes under the headings 'Administrative Expenses' and 'Direct Operating Costs'? Add them together and the figure is about the same as the club Turnover.

Hobo

Poorly run club, no drive, no direction, no vision, no plan from the top. Where is the aspiration and inspiration, for the players, the staff or the fans?

wingy

In which case if we are paying more in wages to non playing staff than playing staff something is wrong.

But now you mention it, I do remember a £5m figure. Sounds high to me.

Edit: hadn't kept scrolling...
That may be skewed by the recent trend of trying to recruit on lower player salaries , although that has been cited as problematic this Summer.
Whereas the other professionals have stayed the same?
Yet given That we operate at around 40% and not 60% for SCMP £1M could be added and possibly make it appear more balanced.
No doubt the Academy is significant at around 25% of turnover.

Nick

Administrator
That may be skewed by the recent trend of trying to recruit on lower player salaries , although that has been cited as problematic this Summer.
Whereas the other professionals have stayed the same?
Yet given That we operate at around 40% and not 60% for SCMP £1M could be added and possibly make it appear more balanced.
No doubt the Academy is significant at around 25% of turnover.
That's about 600k isn't it?

Malaka

A bit more to report
Apparently it's a takeover, Venus will be gone as they want there own man in with some cash. Stumbling block is the ground as the council are holding out for more than is being offered
I believe wasps are not the stumbling block
It will be a major investment
Start praying

ccfcway

A bit more to report
Apparently it's a takeover, Venus will be gone as they want there own man in with some cash. Stumbling block is the ground as the council are holding out for more than is being offered
Start praying

stumbling block is the ground, haven't we been here before ?

Nick

Administrator
A bit more to report
Start praying
What about the ground?

skybluebeduff

A bit more to report
Start praying
Which ground?

SkyBlueRuffian

A bit more to report
Start praying
The ground? Why would the council be dealing with a ground deal when WASPS own it?

Users who are viewing this thread