Transfer Rumour Jamie Patterson (1 Viewer)

Dec-ccfc

He
Would hardly say ‘very shrewd’

The guy can only play about 30 mins a match and does ‘ok’

There’s no way he can play 90 mins per game

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

has played 90mins the last 2 games, to say it’s not a shrewd signing because he hasn’t score 5 or 6 goals is hardly fair. Can see palmer being a mainstay in the team next season, once he grabs a couple of goals and has full confidence.

cooperskyblue

I think it is very harsh to say he does 'ok'. I think he has shown a lot class on the ball and clearly has great technical ability, and off the ball his work rate and energy has also been impressive.
We can all look at his stats, and yes he could and perhaps should have more goals than he has.

My point about it being a 'shrewd' signing was more the fact we got told how lazy he was, how he had 1 good game every blue moon etc etc and I think he looks a player who can contribute for us.

The Philosopher

I think it is very harsh to say he does 'ok'. I think he has shown a lot class on the ball and clearly has great technical ability, and off the ball his work rate and energy has also been impressive.
We can all look at his stats, and yes he could and perhaps should have more goals than he has.

My point about it being a 'shrewd' signing was more the fact we got told how lazy he was, how he had 1 good game every blue moon etc etc and I think he looks a player who can contribute for us.
Palmer is the type of player where a “shrewd” contract is key.
He appears to need to be motivated - his first 60 mins versus Bristol C is an example - he was great.

Motivate him with a contract geared to win bonus and starting bonus etc. and he may just find that extra zip.

Some employees are self-motivated, some need encouragement. Good management works as often does financial incentive.

O’Hare for example is a yampy bunny who quite possibly doesn’t always put money at the top of his list. Great employee.

Palmer? Loads of talent. Needs to run back from an offside position quicker (look back at matches and you’ll see - Gus and Sheaf often nab the ball back to look up to see Palmer jogging back rather than see him facing goal, onside, on his toes

Different strokes different folks and all that.

Just my take.

fernandopartridge

He appears to need to be motivated - his first 60 mins versus Bristol C is an example - he was great.

Motivate him with a contract geared to win bonus and starting bonus etc. and he may just find that extra zip.

Some employees are self-motivated, some need encouragement. Good management works as often does financial incentive.

O’Hare for example is a yampy bunny who quite possibly doesn’t always put money at the top of his list. Great employee.

Palmer? Loads of talent. Needs to run back from an offside position quicker (look back at matches and you’ll see - Gus and Sheaf often nab the ball back to look up to see Palmer jogging back rather than see him facing goal, onside, on his toes

Just my take.

Doubt very much any player will be motivated by a contract with any significant proportion of pay related to anything that is not entirely within the player's gift.

SkyBlueSam01

Just my take.

Id argue that the fact he turned it on against Bristol City shows that money isn't his main motivation

As an aside he's fast turning into my favourite player... I'm an absolute sucker for a good dummy

jamboy

It wouldn't be the first time Paterson and his agent to used us to put his name out there. We're mugs for believing that he's interested.

AOM

Do the Telegraph even get exclusive interviews with the club anymore or do they just copy what is said to the BBC?
Weren't they banned from Ryton years ago because they did a piece against the owners?

slowpoke

Do the Telegraph even get exclusive interviews with the club anymore or do they just copy what is said to the BBC?
Weren't they banned from Ryton years ago because they did a piece against the owners?
Banned from the ground too I think.

shmmeee

Chalk another win up for Shmmeee’s player judgement. This one didn’t even make it through the door 😂

I swear he gets linked every time cos he’s from Cov and Robins said he was good once.

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

Yeah something like that, hopefully that will change under Doug Kings leadership.

Users who are viewing this thread