Joe Cole agrees deal with Tampa Bay Rowdies (2 Viewers)

usskyblue

1966297_767857619899401_5202826767316886282_o.jpg

1544577_767854109899752_5631177959822239690_n.jpg

Grendel

Total bollocks.

Show me some stats then to prove he hasn't. His been a total cluster fuck. We've bent over backwards to accommodate him.

Can you seriously tell he we'd have been worse off have he'd never joined us?

His contribution has been woeful. He can't play two games a week, he can't last one game for 90 minutes. He hasn't stood out at all. Look at ratings threads - he's bottom of the pile time after time.

An experiment that blew up in mowbrays face and cost us dear.

CovisGod

Oh wow I think that's totally unfair, he's played as well if not better than most since Xmas. Ok so his fitness has been questionable bit when he's played he's really put a shift in. Let's be honest who in the team has put more of a shift in? Maddison?

torchomatic

They play in St. Petersburg, downtown, on the bayside. They'd get better attendances if they were in Tampa.
Nopm until they return to Tampa.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

ccfctommy

Show me some stats then to prove he hasn't. His been a total cluster fuck. We've bent over backwards to accommodate him.

Can you seriously tell he we'd have been worse off have he'd never joined us?

His contribution has been woeful. He can't play two games a week, he can't last one game for 90 minutes. He hasn't stood out at all. Look at ratings threads - he's bottom of the pile time after time.

An experiment that blew up in mowbrays face and cost us dear.

I don't have any statistics to hand.

You've said he's been crap all season. Cole hasn't set the world alight here but Murphy and Maddison have been far worse of late. Obviously, when we first signed him he was unfit, hence that month out of the team. The Crewe and Bury games he was amazing. He was the only decent player at Southend away also. Rarely see him give the ball away and always puts a shift in. He is a 7/10 player on a good day on average for me.

That ratings thread you were on about, someone gave him a 3, and someone else a 2. Look at every single newspaper on a Sunday and they rarely give out ratings that low unless the team involves loses 6-0. So i'll pass on that thanks.

He's started 3 games in a week recently, so his fitness is getting better. It has to be said his legs are going though, hence why he cannot go on for 90 minutes sometimes. Not that he has been blesses with pace.

So in conclusion, Player of the year? Maybe not. But 'crap all season', simply not true is it?

idm1975

You've said he's been crap all season. Cole hasn't set the world alight here but Murphy and Maddison have been far worse of late. Obviously, when we first signed him he was unfit, hence that month out of the team. The Crewe and Bury games he was amazing. He was the only decent player at Southend away also. Rarely see him give the ball away and always puts a shift in. He is a 7/10 player on a good day on average for me.

That ratings thread you were on about, someone gave him a 3, and someone else a 2. Look at every single newspaper on a Sunday and they rarely give out ratings that low unless the team involves loses 6-0. So i'll pass on that thanks.

He's started 3 games in a week recently, so his fitness is getting better. It has to be said his legs are going though, hence why he cannot go on for 90 minutes sometimes. Not that he has been blesses with pace.

So in conclusion, Player of the year? Maybe not. But 'crap all season', simply not true is it?
The 3 and 2 ratings where from Grendel,for definite, and probably sidekick Nick. Grendels ratings are generally based on whether he likes the player or not!

Grendel

The 3 and 2 ratings where from Grendel,for definite, and probably sidekick Nick. Grendels ratings are generally based on whether he likes the player or not!

I've never given him lower than a four and in the game in question have him a 5. Oh dear.

skybluetony176

Oh wow I think that's totally unfair, he's played as well if not better than most since Xmas. Ok so his fitness has been questionable bit when he's played he's really put a shift in. Let's be honest who in the team has put more of a shift in? Maddison?

Not to mention that we didn't play any better in the games he hasn't played since his arrival, we didn't really get better when he left the field as a sub and we didn't get worse when he come on as a sub. Whatever the cause of our problems are it's a team sport and the impact of a player who can't play more than two games a week and/or a full 90 minutes is going to be minimal either for or against. With the exception of the Bury game we've only seen glimpses of the JC we all (well almost all) wanted to see and nowhere near enough to destroy a team by anyone's stretch of the imagination.

Grendel

No stats how convenient.

They prove that yes he's been crap all season and if his name was not Joe Cole you wouldn't have posted any of the drivel between my edited version of your post.

idm1975

No stats how convenient.

They prove that yes he's been crap all season and if his name was not Joe Cole you wouldn't have posted any of the drivel between my edited version of your post.
If you have these stats that prove he is crap then show them

Grendel

If you have these stats that prove he is crap then show them

You think he has been a positive influence do you? Why? I have the stats by the way but would like your assessment of his contribution first.

You also berated me for my views on Bigiamara as well didn't you? How would you rate his performances since he signed? Haven't seen him for a bit. Is he injured?

Nick

Administrator
I've never given him either and said he played well when he did. You look a bit silly now don't you, making things up?

Grendel

I've never given him either and said he played well when he did. You look a bit silly now don't you, making things up?

I'm sure he will answer my question and then we will look at his goals scored and assists stats. They make grim reading.

idm1975

Why would I have stats? I'm going on watching him play home and most away games. I'm sorry I don't have his passing accuracy percentages written down in my bedroom.

Oh really? Where are they then?
Maybe he's misplaced them

Nick

Administrator
To be fair to Nick pretty sure he started the Mr Cole take a bow thread after the Bury game.
I've praised him when he has played well and said he was awful when he was awful like Blackpool. Like most people have, just not sure of his point.

dongonzalos

Don't blame him at all
Great life experience
Respect him for making the move to Cov
Haven't been knocked out by him other than that free kick against Barnsley. He gas probably been useful in attracting other players though.

shy_tall_knight

But he's only 34, Wise was 39 when he played for us, just surprised how poor his fitness and speed were. Being a bit part player IMO disrupted the balance of the team. However all this talk of stats, our midfield in the last 3 months has looked poor, lacks crativity, lacks phsyicality its not just him. Vince & fleck will never grace the championship let alone england or the Premiership. Madders post Norwich very poor. Murphy Arma clearly good players but even though playing in a poorly performing team can't hold their heads up high as just as guilty for being poor during this spell. Ricketts rather than playing like a wise old head has just played like he is old. Fortune a couple of good recent games will now allow him to revert to his previous form for next 4 or 5 games. Thankfully we can rely on Hunt to add some comedy to the whole set up.

xote

Ok, so here are the tats that rove he's been crap.

Played 941 minutes over a total of 16 appearances - started 13, came on as sub in 3. Goals =1, Assists = 5

Grendel

Played 941 minutes over a total of 16 appearances - started 13, came on as sub in 3. Goals =1, Assists = 5

And 3 of those assists came in one game.

Dire.

Grendel

Maybe he's misplaced them

Actually the first comment from you regarding ratings was wrong so I suggest you take those people to task who gave him a 2 and a 3. I'm sure you won't. Now you can answer my question.

xote

Yep, you are correct, dire.

Oh, by the way, in terms of assists he is second in the club behind Murphy. Cole has 5, Murphy has 7.
In terms of assists per minute played, he has 1 every 188 minutes. Next best is Fortune with 1 every 325 minutes.

But, yes you are correct the stats prove he is crap. Unfortunately, they also prove that just about everyone else in the squad is even more crap!

idm1975

Actually the first comment from you regarding ratings was wrong so I suggest you take those people to task who gave him a 2 and a 3. I'm sure you won't. Now you can answer my question.
Its more fun taking you to task......now those stats you had????

shy_tall_knight

So the equivalent of 10 full games over 5 months, he took too long to try to get fit didn't live up to the billing a shame if we are out of the running for the play -off spots after Monday shouldn't play for the club again. Need to see what Rose rueben can do in preparation for next season.

xote

Fortune has been here all season and has played just 35 minutes more than Cole, and only over 5 more appearances. So the equivalent of 1/2 a game more than Cole. You can prove (or disprove) pretty much anything you want with stats. Just trying to point out that stats can be pretty meaningless really. Personally, most of the games I've seen Cole in I believe he has been effective for some parts of the game and ineffective for other parts - pretty much the same as most of his teammates. One thing he has been consistently effective in is the quality of his delivery of balls into the box - hence 5 assists.

Users who are viewing this thread