Lee Burge (1 Viewer)

vow

As someone alluded to earlier in the thread, O'Brien has served a purpose by creating decent competition for places, long may it continue, be that Burge or O'Brien.

torchomatic

Took him 4 years to teach Burge how to kick it straight though.

Steady. One swallow doesn't make a summer.

chiefdave

They seemed to be putting pressure on his kicking, wonder if having to get on with it rather than think about what he was going to do actually helped.

Grendel

As Ive said before players like burge and Haynes are going to always look better the lower down the divisions we go.

Willis is according to some in here worth £1 million so he should be the best player in this league.

letsallsingtogether

As Ive said before players like burge and Haynes are going to always look better the lower down the divisions we go.

Willis is according to some in here worth £1 million so he should be the best player in this league.
No one is arguing with that, according to some we have the best squad in this league so they should be worth about 10M between them:)

Joy Division

Haynes has only played in one division for us, how can you judge?

pastythegreat

So I've just watched back yesterday's goals, and for all the praise Burge has had the last week or 2, I'd say he could and SHOULD of done better with both goals. (Especialy the 1st). Granted, both were free headers but he was beaten at his near post for the 1st after indecision on whether to come or not. And the second was a very weak hand.

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

skybluetony176

So I've just watched back yesterday's goals, and for all the praise Burge has had the last week or 2, I'd say he could and SHOULD of done better with both goals. (Especialy the 1st). Granted, both were free headers but he was beaten at his near post for the 1st after indecision on whether to come or not. And the second was a very weak hand.

Agree on the first goal. He could/should have done better. Second goal though you can see Burge telling the defence where the danger is coming from before the cross came in and our defender still let their scorer get the wrong side of him. Can only blame the defender for that given he'd just been told what he had to do and didn't do it.

Still the best goalie we have though. They weren't howlers by any stretch of the imagination.

ps1948

Having watched the highlights, why don't you highlight the fact that despite having 18 shots at goal, only one went in? If the outfield players had just shot either side of the keeper then we probably wouldn't be having this dissection of whether Burge was at fault.

skybluegod

Having watched the highlights, why don't you highlight the fact that despite having 18 shots at goal, only one went in? If the outfield players had just shot either side of the keeper then we probably wouldn't be having this dissection of whether Burge was at fault.

Tbf, as I have said many times, Big fan of Burge, in comparison to the other keepers since Murphy left, however he could and probably should do better with the first goal. I don;t think anybody has said that we shouldn't have scored more goals?
Vincenti and Beavon have both come under huge scrutiny, and while Jones is getting a lot of plaudits, everyone knows his end product needs to improve, but that will come with experience.
Nobody is being let off, 'Attack wins you games, defence wins you titles.', we shouldn't need to score 3 goals to win a game. No player is exempt from criticism, a lot of people do try and look for fault in Burge's game, the first goal as i said he should have done better with. The second one I don't think he could have got more to it than he did, so not his fault.

steve82

Burge arguably could of been better positioned for the first after a moment of being indecisive but the first goal I point the finger more at Jordan Willis, he was far too easily nudged out of the way allowing Ibehre a free header. You cannot give a experienced big target man that much freedom to have a header at his leisure and he punished us. We all knew what Cambridge game plan was gonna be with two powerful front men, his concentration slipped.

I like Willis but as I said on the match thread I fear his skill set isn't quite suited to league two physical big strikers, and more so over the winter months when things become more direct and played in the air more.

We've already seen a physical Chris O'Grady of Chesterfield have the better of him physically and now again Saturday dealing with Ibehre and Ikpeazu.

On the ground I've no issues with him, he's quick and good in the tackle and he's a match for anyone but against physical players he's a worry.

skybluegod

Burge arguably could of been better positioned for the first after a moment of being indecisive but the first goal I point the finger more at Jordan Willis, he was far too easily nudged out of the way allowing Ibehre a free header. You cannot give a experienced big target man that much freedom to have a header at his leisure and he punished us. We all knew what Cambridge game plan was gonna be with two powerful front men, his concentration slipped.

I like Willis but as I said on the match thread I fear his skill set isn't quite suited to league two physical big strikers, and more so over the winter months when things become more direct and played in the air more.

We've already seen a physical Chris O'Grady of Chesterfield have the better of him physically and now again Saturday dealing with Ibehre and Ikpeazu.

On the ground I've no issues with him, he's quick and good in the tackle and he's a match for anyone but against physical players he's a worry.

At the end of the day, if he's not seen as good enough in the winter months, i'm sure Mcdonald and Davies will be able to handle to more physical sides in this division.

steve82

At the end of the day, if he's not seen as good enough in the winter months, i'm sure Mcdonald and Davies will be able to handle to more physical sides in this division.

Can Davis play on the right tho? He generally has lined up on the left of a central pairing in his career stats. I cannot remember if he's a left footer or right too or like JT was for Chelsea more comfortable on the left but with 2 good feet.

I certainly like the look of Davis ariel strengths, he looks quite solid and robust

skybluegod

Can Davis play on the right tho? He generally has lined up on the left of a central pairing in his career stats. I cannot remember if he's a left footer or right too or like JT was for Chelsea more comfortable on the left but with 2 good feet.

I certainly like the look of Davis ariel strengths, he looks quite solid and robust

Not sure to be honest, but we have lined up with two right-footed Centre backs over the years!!
Would I expect one of them will be able to play as the right side CB? And I do believe Davies is more naturally right footed, but i may be wrong.

steve82

Not sure to be honest, but we have lined up with two right-footed Centre backs over the years!!
Would I expect one of them will be able to play as the right side CB? And I do believe Davies is more naturally right footed, but i may be wrong.

I've a feeling your right, he is predominantly right footed. Time will tell how MR judges this one

skybluegod

I've a feeling your right, he is predominantly right footed. Time will tell how MR judges this one
Perhaps it is because Willis is more one footed than Davies that Davies was put on the left side?
Also have to say Hyam has looked good so far when I have seen him, so hopefully he gets a few more games.

steve82

Perhaps it is because Willis is more one footed than Davies that Davies was put on the left side?
Also have to say Hyam has looked good so far when I have seen him, so hopefully he gets a few more games.

Was more saying that before he came to ccfc he'd played more on the left...
I agree, Hyam has impressed and been unfortunate to of been left out at times.

Hobo

Won't any player look better at a lower level?

letsallsingtogether

And as a result, pisses off his team mates
He might as well piss them off they piss me off because when they have the ball they can't pass it 10 yards to one of their own.
Funny how people pick on Burge for his kicking watch the outfield players some of them are worse.

skybluegod

No, he made a distinction..."players like"..."are always"....

He didn't say any player or every player

I think he was trying to highlight to people that were praising players that were shit last year, that they aren't suddenly good players or massively better than they were?
Think you are just trying to nit pick really, because of course every player should look better at a lower level.

Although, saying that Chris stokes couldn't get a game at Forest Green Rovers in the conference and yet he came to us in league one and is arguably one of our best left backs since fox?

Hobo

I think he was trying to highlight to people that were praising players that were shit last year, that they aren't suddenly good players or massively better than they were?
Think you are just trying to nit pick really, because of course every player should look better at a lower level.

Although, saying that Chris stokes couldn't get a game at Forest Green Rovers in the conference and yet he came to us in league one and is arguably one of our best left backs since fox?

He has form for being over critical...to the point where some players are his hobby horse. We have brought through some reasonable players. Maybe not Premiership quality. But players that can do a job around Legue 1 and 2.

Yes they will have flaws....but that also applies to any level.

PVA

How about a sensible solution that negates pissing off his team mates and handing over possession and takes the pressure off himself?
Roll or pass it out to a defender and play it out from the back.

So he kicks the ball out of play once or twice a match. Big deal. We've bigger issues to worry about.

ccfcway

Same as the obrien mistakes

Mucca Mad Boys

Speaking of 'keeping errors, how did Nazon score that goal? At his near post too...

Free headers, more often than not, should end in a goal. Even if he 'could have done better', you're apportioning the blame on the wrong guy. Both Willis and McDonald didn't mark up and McDonald looked lost for the 1st goal.

pastythegreat

Have a look at our stats so far this season, every ge we have taken the lead in, we've won. And vice versa, every game we went behind first, we've lost. So strikers not scoring aside, at 0-0 Burge shouldn't be letting in easy goals like the 1st!

pastythegreat

He might as well piss them off they piss me off because when they have the ball they can't pass it 10 yards to one of their own.
Funny how people pick on Burge for his kicking watch the outfield players some of them are worse.
Difference being an outfield player has pressure to make a pass quickly whilst moving with a moving ball. What's Burge excuse for not even keeping it within the fucking lines?

Users who are viewing this thread