Lee Burge (1 Viewer)

pastythegreat

Speaking of 'keeping errors, how did Nazon score that goal? At his near post too...

Free headers, more often than not, should end in a goal. Even if he 'could have done better', you're apportioning the blame on the wrong guy. Both Willis and McDonald didn't mark up and McDonald looked lost for the 1st goal.
I don't give 2 fucks if OTHER teams keepers are poor and let in easy goals! I care what the fuck OUR keeper is letting in! Yes Nazon scores an easy goal but so fuck. We gave them 2 easy goals and lost the game.

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

skybluegod

Difference being an outfield player has pressure to make a pass quickly whilst moving with a moving ball. What's Burge excuse for not even keeping it within the fucking lines?

Well you say they are under pressure, but then you have to take into account that outfield players often play shorter passes so that cancels out?
Also I have seen plenty of times this season when players aren't under pressure, and they still pass it out of play.
This is league 2.

skybluegod

I don't give 2 fucks if OTHER teams keepers are poor and let in easy goals! I care what the fuck OUR keeper is letting in! Yes Nazon scores an easy goal but so fuck. We gave them 2 easy goals and lost the game.

'Easy goals' that's not really true is it? Could have done better with the first once perhaps, but still wouldn't call it easy, as has been said it's a free header. It's shit defending.
Easy goals are like the ones O'Brien conceded.

Sky Blue Kid

Nothing wrong with the Italian style of the 70's and 80's. and the Spanish style of the 2k's. We regularly played that style at Cov Sporting. Keeper to one of the full backs and then work it up through the half backs to the forwards. When you've got the ball the other team can't score. It really is that simple.

lifeskyblue

Seems to me burge at worse is guilty of being one or two steps out of position on the first goal. Clearly the free header is created because the defenders 'lost' their man. Certainly not a 'howler' by burge but poor positioning after he starts to come for the cross.
As for the second I wouldn't apportion any blame to the keeper. Yes on another day he might have saved it (and we would be eulogising a great save) but equally might have got nothing on it. You see far better keepers let in similar goals week in and week out at international and premier league games.
Neither Cambridge chance that led to goals was created by a burge blunder. I hope our fans can get behind our league 2 team team, full of L2 players rather than criticise at every chance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sky Blue Kid

The Spanish National side, and in particular the Barcelona side of present day football, play like a Roman Centurion Army. Two rows of 5 players attacking and defending as one unit. I don't know of anyone that doesn't like Spanish football.

covcity4life

Nothing wrong with the Italian style of the 70's and 80's. and the Spanish style of the 2k's. We regularly played that style at Cov Sporting. Keeper to one of the full backs and then work it up through the half backs to the forwards. When you've got the ball the other team can't score. It really is that simple.

my philosophy too

"the quicker the ball goes forwards,the quicker it comes back"- pep guardiola

pastythegreat

'Easy goals' that's not really true is it? Could have done better with the first once perhaps, but still wouldn't call it easy, as has been said it's a free header. It's shit defending.
Easy goals are like the ones O'Brien conceded.
It was on the edge of his six yard box. It was his ball to claim. As seen by his coming to collect it, then realising he can't catch and stepping back into goal. It was his indecision that made sure he wasn't set to make a save and duly didn't make what should of been a piss easy save.

pastythegreat

Seems to me burge at worse is guilty of being one or two steps out of position on the first goal. Clearly the free header is created because the defenders 'lost' their man. Certainly not a 'howler' by burge but poor positioning after he starts to come for the cross.
As for the second I wouldn't apportion any blame to the keeper. Yes on another day he might have saved it (and we would be eulogising a great save) but equally might have got nothing on it. You see far better keepers let in similar goals week in and week out at international and premier league games.
Neither Cambridge chance that led to goals was created by a burge blunder. I hope our fans can get behind our league 2 team team, full of L2 players rather than criticise at every chance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If he could catch and was confident to collect a high cross on the edge of his 6 yard box in the 1st place, the free header wouldn't of happened and the save would never of needed to be made! Willis as a centre back, facing goal in the six yard box shouldn't have to deal with crosses like that, that's the keepers territory and his responsibility

skybluegod

But it's not really been an effective style of play for a couple years now has it?
Barcelona, have actually moved away from that style of football, and while they still do play out of course, they have actually become a bit more direct in their style of play.
Spain haven't had a great few years, not since euro 2012 has the style been used effectively by them.
Look at Chelsea last year didn't play the 'Spanish style', Leicester the year before didn't, and again Chelsea before that.
I did love that style of play, back then, but I also love the more recently adopted style of play, of a quick counter attack, all of the good teams do it at the moment, Man united are especially good at it right now, just have to look at them late in games, where they counter and are ruthless.
Plus we are never going to have the quality at this level to play the Spanish style anyway?
Big Sam was on Monday night football last week, and as he puts it, you can't concede if the ball isn't in your own half, first ball should always be played football, because if you are playing with your back towards the oppositions goal, it makes it so much harder.
Very easy to say, 'work it up through the full backs' but do WE have the quality to play like that? It's all opinions I guess, but we have had enough managers who have tried the 'possession' football and working it slowly through the thirds. SP, Mowbray, Thorn, and it hasn't worked really, think we need a little bit of a balance, which is very easy to say and it basically means sitting on the fence ;)

skybluegod

It was on the edge of his six yard box. It was his ball to claim. As seen by his coming to collect it, then realising he can't catch and stepping back into goal. It was his indecision that made sure he wasn't set to make a save and duly didn't make what should of been a piss easy save.

Again, he was left unmarked in the 6 yard box, where is the defending?
Also it's nothing to do with his 'realising he can't catch' think he has done brilliantly in the games before that in that sense. Yes he did make a mistake in that he started to come out but then changed his mind, as he either should commit or not start, but still, it's a free header in the 6 yard box, so no it shouldn't have been a 'piss easy save' that is a clear goal scoring opportunity, where you would probably say a striker should score 8/10 times.

covcity4life

But it's not really been an effective style of play for a couple years now has it?
Barcelona, have actually moved away from that style of football, and while they still do play out of course, they have actually become a bit more direct in their style of play.
Spain haven't had a great few years, not since euro 2012 has the style been used effectively by them.
Look at Chelsea last year didn't play the 'Spanish style', Leicester the year before didn't, and again Chelsea before that.
I did love that style of play, back then, but I also love the more recently adopted style of play, of a quick counter attack, all of the good teams do it at the moment, Man united are especially good at it right now, just have to look at them late in games, where they counter and are ruthless.
Plus we are never going to have the quality at this level to play the Spanish style anyway?
Big Sam was on Monday night football last week, and as he puts it, you can't concede if the ball isn't in your own half, first ball should always be played football, because if you are playing with your back towards the oppositions goal, it makes it so much harder.
Very easy to say, 'work it up through the full backs' but do WE have the quality to play like that? It's all opinions I guess, but we have had enough managers who have tried the 'possession' football and working it slowly through the thirds. SP, Mowbray, Thorn, and it hasn't worked really, think we need a little bit of a balance, which is very easy to say and it basically means sitting on the fence ;)

man city play that way and they ar ejoint top smashing teams

napoli also are playing same brand of football and push juve for title despite not haing same finances. same juve that made 2 cl finals in 3 years

but you need technical players,so maybe league 2 its not ideal for i agree

as for burge, he should have saved at least 1 of them on saturday imo, first one seemed in slow motion

skybluegod

man city play that way and they ar ejoint top smashing teams

napoli also are playing same brand of football and push juve for title despite not haing same finances. same juve that made 2 cl finals in 3 years

but you need technical players,so maybe league 2 its not ideal for i agree

as for burge, he should have saved at least 1 of them on saturday imo, first one seemed in slow motion

Yep I'm not saying that it's not a good style of play but it's not as effective.
Personally I don't see Man City winning the title. Just because they are still so open defensively especially when Kompany is injured.
Agree on Napoli but again don't see them beating juve to the title.

And exactly my point, we need technical players, and that's not gonna happen in league two... Man City spent over 300 million on players over the last couple seasons, in order to play that style, unsurpsingly don't see that happening at Cov for some reason.

Not saying Burge couldn't have done better, but I am saying that it's not an absoloute howler, and that it's not all on his shoulders

Mucca Mad Boys

Yeah, and our goalkeeper weren't at fault for either goal, and the notion he could've done better is a pretty dumb one. Why? Because the defence allowed 2 free chances in the box.

You seem hangry, have a snickers bar...

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

Half backs and Cov Sporting fc, now there's a blast from the past !!! ;)

letsallsingtogether

That piss easy should have caught it with his teeth.

letsallsingtogether

Difference being an outfield player has pressure to make a pass quickly whilst moving with a moving ball. What's Burge excuse for not even keeping it within the fucking lines?

But is he not under pressure when he is expected to make a save, need to make up your mind.
Everything looks easy when you are watching from the stands, if it was that easy they would all be playing in the prem.

baldy

The Spanish National side, and in particular the Barcelona side of present day football, play like a Roman Centurion Army. Two rows of 5 players attacking and defending as one unit. I don't know of anyone that doesn't like Spanish football.

Well I personally don't...it's so namby pamby & dull to watch...always trying to walk the perfect goal in (even worse so when seeing Barca play plus Messi really is so overrated...he's always crap for Argentina,would luv to see him play at a team that's not at the same level as tippy-tappy Barcelona & see how he gets on then)

Otis

Yep I'm not saying that it's not a good style of play but it's not as effective.
Personally I don't see Man City winning the title. Just because they are still so open defensively especially when Kompany is injured.
Agree on Napoli but again don't see them beating juve to the title.

And exactly my point, we need technical players, and that's not gonna happen in league two... Man City spent over 300 million on players over the last couple seasons, in order to play that style, unsurpsingly don't see that happening at Cov for some reason.

Not saying Burge couldn't have done better, but I am saying that it's not an absoloute howler, and that it's not all on his shoulders

Think that last sentence has nailed it. Definitely not a major mistake and definitely not at all, all on him, but maybe he could have done a bit better.

pastythegreat

Yeah, and our goalkeeper weren't at fault for either goal, and the notion he could've done better is a pretty dumb one. Why? Because the defence allowed 2 free chances in the box.

You seem hangry, have a snickers bar...
Hi Lee. Keep telling yourself that the 1st goal (which you should of came and collected) wasn't your fault! Keep blaming others for your bang averageness!

Hobo

my philosophy too

"the quicker the ball goes forwards,the quicker it comes back"- pep guardiola

Agree, why work hard to gain possession then immediately kick or throw the ball into a 50/50 lottery.

pastythegreat

But is he not under pressure when he is expected to make a save, need to make up your mind.
Everything looks easy when you are watching from the stands, if it was that easy they would all be playing in the prem.
How do I "need to make my mind up"? Your talking about 2 COMPLETELY different things and turning them into 1 to try and make a point against me!
I'm talking about his kicking being under no pressure but still going into touch most of the time! You're twisting that into my criticism of his goalkeeping abilities.
Yes, he's a dreadful keeper and SHOULD do better (whether under pressure or not) and yes his kicking is woeful at best when under no pressure!

skybluegod

How do I "need to make my mind up"? Your talking about 2 COMPLETELY different things and turning them into 1 to try and make a point against me!
I'm talking about his kicking being under no pressure but still going into touch most of the time! You're twisting that into my criticism of his goalkeeping abilities.
Yes, he's a dreadful keeper and SHOULD do better (whether under pressure or not) and yes his kicking is woeful at best when under no pressure!

You need to calm down before you pop a blood vessel.
He's been at the club and kept at the club by I think it's 6/7 different managers? Clearly he can't be as shit as you think.

Skybluefaz

Lolz, yeah, we should just play more like Barcelona. Mcnulty can be Messi, Willis is Piquè etc. The small matter of having a ridiculous gulf in class in players to execute the style of play is just an insignificant nuisance. You guys...

skybluegod

Oh he is!
This best thing about football fans is when they think they know so much better than the managers.
It's like the whole sack culture. People complain that managers aren't given enough time. Yet if a manager loses 3 games in a row at any level then most fans are already calling for his head!

PVA

Well I personally don't...it's so namby pamby & dull to watch...always trying to walk the perfect goal in (even worse so when seeing Barca play plus Messi really is so overrated...he's always crap for Argentina,would luv to see him play at a team that's not at the same level as tippy-tappy Barcelona & see how he gets on then)

I've read some daft things on this forum, but saying Messi is 'so overrated' takes the biscuit, well done.

pastythegreat

I've read some daft things on this forum, but saying Messi is 'so overrated' takes the biscuit, well done.
I would half agree, wouldn't say he's "overrated" but let's be honest, he's never really been tested playing in Spain has he? Like Mowbray always used to say, he's great on a lovely pitch in warm weather. But cam he do it at Rochdale on a cold Tuesday night in February?

Irish Sky Blue

Sometimes it drives me up the wall. I watched one game where the Spanish has a corner which they took short, passed it all the way back to the half way Line and then tried to work it up the other side of the pitch. Sometimes their football is fantastic, often it is dull as ditchwater, sometimes both in the same match. What I really miss is players running with the ball at their opponents. In our team only Jones seems capable of that.

Grendel

but pulled off a great save to keep it at 1-0 credit where its due, he also caught a couple of crosses too

It was an ok save - the forward should have scored and it could easily have been followed in from the aftermath.

Users who are viewing this thread