Lee Burge (1 Viewer)

skybluepm2

Are we going to bring up this twerp every single game he either keeps a clean sheet or drops a clanger? Was exposed for the chance in the 85th minute, decent save but poor finish from their striker. Aside from that, nothing to do.

Otis

Yep. Sums it up, skybluepm. Good save and made himself big, but apart from a couple of catches and the one decent save he was just sat there twiddling his thumbs.

I blame Oggy.

clint van damme

What's that now, 2 goals conceded in 6 games or something?

Oh but his kicking is rubbish and he's not as good as Oggy or Hedman or Westwood so let's bin him off and bring back RCC.

I've watched a couple of Spurs games on telly recently. Lloris is obviously under instruction to hit a player on the touch line with his kicks, he skys a fair few straight out for throw ins and he's one of the top 3 or 4 keepers in the country.

Adge

Oh but his kicking is rubbish and he's not as good as Oggy or Hedman or Westwood so let's bin him off and bring back RCC.
He's not as good as Joe Murphy either.

Otis

Yeah, sure he has contributed. Not knocking him, but we now have a much stronger back four, so what's to say RCC wouldn't get those same stats.

We are reducing teams to hardly a shot on goal in some games, so less emphasis on the keeper. He's been steady lately and fair play to him. Long may it continue. At the end of the day we all want whichever keeper is in goal to play well.

skybluedan

Yeah, sure he has contributed. Not knocking him, but we now have a much stronger back four, so what's to say RCC wouldn't get those same stats.

We are reducing teams to hardly a shot on goal in some games, so less emphasis on the keeper. He's been steady lately and fair play to him. Long may it continue. At the end of the day we all want whichever keeper is in goal to play well.

What he said ^^^

higgs

I've watched a couple of Spurs games on telly recently. Lloris is obviously under instruction to hit a player on the touch line with his kicks, he skys a fair few straight out for throw ins and he's one of the top 3 or 4 keepers in the country.
Even top 3 or 4 in the world great shot stopper

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

higgs

Joe Murphy was so overrated in my opinion. He also affected players confidence with constantly having a go at them. Left here, not played. Enough said.
He always played well against us

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

skybluegod

Joe Murphy was so overrated in my opinion. He also affected players confidence with constantly having a go at them. Left here, not played. Enough said.

Disagree, never the best at catching crosses, but he was a brilliant brilliant shot stopper and decent at everything else.
Also if a grown man can’t take being shouted at when he makes a mistake he needs to grow up. And let she honest if you had andy Webster and Jordan Clarke as your Cb’s you’d probably have a go at them as well.
And MR has said that a lot of his players are like that on the training ground right now.

Gilbo

Disagree, never the best at catching crosses, but he was a brilliant brilliant shot stopper and decent at everything else.
Also if a grown man can’t take being shouted at when he makes a mistake he needs to grow up. And let she honest if you had andy Webster and Jordan Clarke as your Cb’s you’d probably have a go at them as well.
And MR has said that a lot of his players are like that on the training ground right now.
An inexperienced player, or one low on confidence needs building up, not some idiot having a go at them every 2 minutes.

skybluegod

An inexperienced player, or one low on confidence needs building up, not some idiot having a go at them every 2 minutes.
Why were they low on confidence? The two years Murphy played in league one with is it wasn’t like we were fighting relegation, both seasons the only reason we didn’t challenge was because of the point deductions, the squads were decent enough. And who was inexperienced out of the two of them? Webster a Scottish international and Clarke who’s was 22(?) and had played over 100 games for us...
And if they can’t handle an idiot having a go at them every 2 minutes: 1) they shouldn’t have kept making shocking errors every 2 mins 2) they shouldn’t be playing football because football fans shout at players every 2 minutes as well.

Gilbo

Why were they low on confidence? The two years Murphy played in league one with is it wasn’t like we were fighting relegation, both seasons the only reason we didn’t challenge was because of the point deductions, the squads were decent enough. And who was inexperienced out of the two of them? Webster a Scottish international and Clarke who’s was 22(?) and had played over 100 games for us...
And if they can’t handle an idiot having a go at them every 2 minutes: 1) they shouldn’t have kept making shocking errors every 2 mins 2) they shouldn’t be playing football because football fans shout at players every 2 minutes as well.
Somebody knows when they have made a mistake. The worst thing you can do is start having a go. They need encouragement. Anyone saying if a grown man can't take a bollocking is what is wrong with football.

skybluegod

Somebody knows when they have made a mistake. The worst thing you can do is start having a go. They need encouragement. Anyone saying if a grown man can't take a bollocking is what is wrong with football.
Is it the worst thing? I think a lot of successful managers have highlighted how players not letting teammates slack off is one of the biggest reasons for success. They aren’t kids, it’s having the right approach between an arm around the shoulder and having a go.
I didn’t say it was right, but I’m saying if a footballer can’t take it then they are in the wrong trade, because it is and always will be part of the game.
Robins has given an interview saying how feisty training is and how players are at each other’s throats when they aren’t putting in the effort, which he thinks is a good thing?
I don’t know any profession, where if someone makes a mistake they aren’t given a bollocking for it.
If you lost your company a load of money or a customer, because of your mistake time and time again. would you expect to be constantly be told ‘oh it’s okay, better luck next time’. If it was your first or even second mistake maybe but if it kept happening what do you expect?

Last edited:

Adge

Is it the worst thing? I think a lot of successful managers have highlighted how players not letting teammates slack off is one of the biggest reasons for success. They aren’t kids, it’s having the right approach between an arm around the shoulder and having a go.
I didn’t say it was right, but I’m saying if a footballer can’t take it then they are in the wrong trade, because it is and always will be part of the game.
Robins has given an interview saying how feisty training is and how players are at each other’s throats when they aren’t putting in the effort, which he thinks is a good thing?
I don’t know any profession, where if someone makes a mistake they aren’t given a bollocking for it.
If you lost your company a load of money or a customer, because of your mistake time and time again. would you expect to be constantly be told ‘oh it’s okay, better look next time’. If it was your first or even second mistake maybe but if it kept happening what do you expect?
Agree with that, it wouldn't be an "arm around the shoulder" either, more like a boot up the arse and out of the door!

Gilbo

If you lost your company a load of money or a customer, because of your mistake time and time again. would you expect to be constantly be told ‘oh it’s okay, better luck next time’. If it was your first or even second mistake maybe but if it kept happening what do you expect?
I agree with this. Murphy, for me seemed to go straight for the bollocking and it didn't work. Maybe this was to compensate for his shortcomings. Football is different to other industries and sometimes, the arm around the shoulder is best.

skybluegod

I agree with this. Murphy, for me seemed to go straight for the bollocking and it didn't work. Maybe this was to compensate for his shortcomings. Football is different to other industries and sometimes, the arm around the shoulder is best.
Well it all depends, there are different styles of leaders, Murphy was always very supportive of players after games, and was a really top bloke out of football, from what i understood, he had a go when they made mistakes on the pitch, but was also very supportive of players, and Burge in particular.
As i said an arm around the shoulder is okay up to a point, where someone needs to learn that making a mistake in a professional team isn't good enough, and I'm glad Murphy made that clear.

luwalla

The abuse burge gets & got last night is disgusting, and I was his biggest critic ( no abuse ) in recent years, but this season he has proved himself to be a decent league 2 keeper.

He makes once mistake last night and the vitirol is out again... but was it his really his fumble that cost us the game ( partly true I accept )... or was it max's two missed headers which could have won us the game... or jodies constant running into brick walls ... or kelly's back passes all the time... or nuzon's shots at goal which nearly went over the roof of the stadium, that lost us the game as much as burge letting one in

Strikers are paid to score goals , they make a mess of their job & its all all part of the game, or they even get praised for "having a go" , a goalie makes one error and large parts of the stadium ( who I guess really know nothing about football ) are on his back for the whole game ( if not multiple games ) and the loss is all down to him. Probably the most highly pressurised position on the pitch

making a scapegoat out of an easy target & the last line of defence, when every player on that pitch is paid to do a job and simply didn't do it & most made many more mistakes than burge last night. All of those are equally responsible , if not more responsible, for costing us games in recent weeks & last night

Last edited:

stupot07

The abuse burge gets & got last night is disgusting, and I was his biggest critic ( no abuse ) in recent years, but this season he has proved himself to be a decent league 2 keeper.

He makes once mistake last night and the vitirol is out again... but was it his really his fumble that cost us the game ( partly true I accept )... or was it max's two missed headers which could have won us the game... or jodies constant running into brick walls ... or kelly's back passes all the time... or nuzon's shots at goal which nearly went over the roof of the stadium, that lost us the game as much as burge letting one in

Strikers are paid to score goals , they make a mess of their job & its all all part of the game, or they even get praised for "having a go" , a goalie makes one error and large parts of the stadium ( who I guess really know nothing about football ) are on his back for the whole game ( if not multiple games ) and the loss is all down to him. Probably the most highly pressurised position on the pitch

making a scapegoat out of an easy target & the last line of defence, when every player on that pitch is paid to do a job and simply didn't do it & most made many more mistakes than burge last night. All of those are equally responsible , if not more responsible, for costing us games in recent weeks & last night
I expected you will writing a similar post in thr Biamou thread.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread