Leicester Are Going Down (1 Viewer)

Otis

With Newcastle needing to stay ahead of Liverpool at a packed st James park. Good luck with that one 🤣
Yup. Would need a Geordie off day for sure. Stranger things have happened though.

Who would have thought Everton would thump Brighton 5-1 at Brighton?

AOM

Assuming Leicester do go down, who would we like to be with them? Think I'd prefer Everton, would like an away day to Goodison Park (assuming we're still in the Championship!)

Last edited:

Otis

Assuming Leicester do go down, who would we like to be with them? Think I'd prefer Everton, would like an away day to Goodison Park (assuming we're still in the Championship!)
Yeah, but I think they will now sneak out if it. They have Wolves and Bournemouth don't they? I think they can definitely get 4 points out of that.

Reactions: AOM

Grendel

Yeah, but I think they will now sneak out if it. They have Wolves and Bournemouth don't they? I think they can definitely get 4 points out of that.

Probably - the points for survival will be a pathetic low I suspect

Terry Gibson's perm

I’m would love a bottom three of

Saints
That lot from down the road
Everton

I was listening to Goldstein and Bent on the radio tonight and they think Leicester should be ok next year and won’t go into league one.

Last edited:
I’ve watched them twice this season, both times against Liverpool coincidentally. That Wout Faes has cost them their place in the league by the look of it. First game he scored two own goals, last night he was completely at fault for two of the goals. If they hadn’t had that liability on the pitch then it may have been a different story for them.
He’s shocking, hopefully they keep him when they go down and help them slip even further down the leagues.

alexccfc99

I live in Leeds so that would be convenient for me - But would love to see us at Goodison before it’s bulldozed

AOM

Aren't Everton also likely to have massive financial problems if they go down?
If we don't go up this year, we ideally need the teams coming down that are less likely to go straight back up. Don't think the Championship will be as weak next season

Brighton Sky Blue

If we don't go up this year, we ideally need the teams coming down that are less likely to go straight back up. Don't think the Championship will be as weak next season

Plymouth and Ipswich will be strong, ideally Peterborough win the L1 playoffs. Coming down I think it will most likely be Leeds in the third spot and all 3 will have big spending power in this division. Ward-Prowse will surely leave Southampton for a tidy sum.

AOM

Plymouth and Ipswich will be strong, ideally Peterborough win the L1 playoffs. Coming down I think it will most likely be Leeds in the third spot and all 3 will have big spending power in this division. Ward-Prowse will surely leave Southampton for a tidy sum.

Very true, think it's now or never (or at least for a few years) before we get this opportunity for promotion again

Sick Boy

I reckon Leicester will be in a spot or bother financially if they do go down.

Robinshio

I reckon Leicester will be in a spot or bother financially if they do go down.
along with Everton, will need the 1st season return
beyond that may see them in trouble, they will have the Maddison money aswell as the parachute payments

They want Nigel pearson back as manager on their forum, so that should be fun

Brighton Sky Blue

Very true, think it's now or never (or at least for a few years) before we get this opportunity for promotion again

Ultimately you are what you repeatedly do, and we have repeatedly recruited poorly with the result that the squad is on its knees fitness wise and we’re relying on 2 or 3 players to win games.

Luton have in the same time recruited to a consistent standard in each transfer window, on similar or fewer resources. If it’s them who makes it I’ll certainly be thinking what might have been.

Nuskyblue

Yes, they are already looking to sell their unbuilt 760m stadium with a veiw to leasing it and I think the owner is looking for investment which hasn't been forthcoming (probs because they look like they're on a downward trajectory).

fernandopartridge

I don't really get it, i don't see how teams coming down from a premier league where the survival points tally is so low shows that they are going to be necessarily stronger next season. Everton have been in relegation form for the best part of 2.5 years.

AOM

People were saying exactly the same last season when we missed out on the Play Offs

True, just think it's going to be really difficult to replace Gyokeres and Hamer if we're to lose them over the summer.
They've both pretty much dragged us up the table this year.

Saying that, I was expecting a relegation battle at the start of this season haha

NorthernWisdom

I don't really get it, i don't see how teams coming down from a premier league where the survival points tally is so low shows that they are going to be necessarily stronger next season. Everton have been in relegation form for the best part of 2.5 years.
We should know from our own history that a culture of losing is hard to shake off too. Both Southampton and Everton could be in for a shock unless they do some proper prep if they come down.

Otis

We should know from our own history that a culture of losing is hard to shake off too. Both Southampton and Everton could be in for a shock unless they do some proper prep if they come down.
Some swim and shine and others struggle don't they.

Burnley breezed it pretty much this season.

Really thought Watford and Norwich would have made much more of a fist of it.l, but they were both far too inconsistent.

I actually thought we'd be fine when we came down, but it was a very quick slap in the face on that one wasn't it

NorthernWisdom

Really thought Watford and Norwich would have made much more of a fist of it.l, but they were both far too inconsistent.

I actually thought we'd be fine when we came down, but it was a very quick slap in the face on that one wasn't it
Yup. To be clear both Everton and Southampton could obliterate everyone in this division if they got it right but.... who had Norwich missing out? Luton surely wouldn't be as good again if they don't go up, Sunderland would miss Diallo.

I happen to think we've overachieved and losing Gyokeres and Hamer could set us back for a season even if the squad were stronger but... every season's a new one, and it's wrong to assume teams will batter on reputation. So many teams struggle to adapt if they come down and aren't used to it

skybluetony176

I’m sure it’s probably already been mentioned but apparently Newcastle are in the hunt to buy Maddison and Leicester have slapped a £50M price tag on him. I seem to remember Fisher saying that we had a stake in his whole playing career so presumably we will be due some add on’s from any transfer fee?

Grendel

I’m sure it’s probably already been mentioned but apparently Newcastle are in the hunt to buy Maddison and Leicester have slapped a £50M price tag on him. I seem to remember Fisher saying that we had a stake in his whole playing career so presumably we will be due some add on’s from any transfer fee?

No Tony - Anderson made the deal and stated there’s a profit sell on amount which is 10% so would be around £300k - when you last commented regularly on football threads I seem to remember you were more a Waggott fan

skybluetony176

No Tony - Anderson made the deal and stated there’s a profit sell on amount which is 10% so would be around £300k - when you last commented regularly on football threads I seem to remember you were more a Waggott fan
Fuck me you’re a cretin. What time is your alter ego, aka the useful idiot turning up?

Grendel

Fuck me you’re a cretin. What time is your alter ego, aka the useful idiot turning up?

Big waggo fan was the Tonester

skybluetony176

Big waggo fan was the Tonester

You’re boring too. Without doubt the most tedious person I’ve ever accounted. No wonder you’ve had to groom an imaginary idiot boy so you have a friend.

Nuskyblue

Burnley had a decent amount of churn, ditched the dross that had them flirting with relegation for a few years which probably helped break the cycle.

I can see Southampton struggling, tbh. Young team, you'd probably cherry pick walker-peters, lavia and ward-prowse out of that bunch, you wouldn't trust them to spend any of the dosh wisley as they've bought some dross the last few years

Otis

Burnley had a decent amount of churn, ditched the dross that had them flirting with relegation for a few years which probably helped break the cycle.

I can see Southampton struggling, tbh. Young team, you'd probably cherry pick walker-peters, lavia and ward-prowse out of that bunch, you wouldn't trust them to spend any of the dosh wisley as they've bought some dross the last few years
Yeah. If Leeds come down I would expect them to be right up there next season. I have zero idea on Everton. They could walk it, or implode into a big puddle of mess. 🤷

Nuskyblue

Yeah. If Leeds come down I would expect them to be right up there next season. I have zero idea on Everton. They could walk it, or implode into a big puddle of mess. 🤷
I think implode, the owner seems none to bright. They also have the small matter of a 760M albatross around their neck in the shape of a new stadium.

They could dissappear.

Users who are viewing this thread