Leicester (2 Viewers)

Grendel

What is right with it???

I fail to see what's wrong with it. Bournemouth and QPR breached championship rules as well to get promoted.

People going back to the admin issue years ago are just plain stupid. If we'd done the same we'd be a million times better off.

Grendel

I just shudder at the thought of Leicester City tops appearing all over the city centre here over the summer.

Be plenty of impressionable young kids adopting them as their team for sure.

Really hope it is Spurs that take the title.

So you never see any man utd Chelsea or man city tops in the town then?

Really odd argument that.

rupert_bear

I fail to see what's wrong with it. Bournemouth and QPR breached championship rules as well to get promoted.

People going back to the admin issue years ago are just plain stupid. If we'd done the same we'd be a million times better off.
Here here. Leicester played the rules as they were at the time

skyblue1991

What is right with it???

They have proven that you dont need to spend £150M+ or whatever to challenge and win a league title. They have lived within their means and I really hope they do go all the way.

They have fantatsic team spirit, the determination to get results and they have proven the majority of pundits wrong. They could be in the Championship right now but they gained the results to stay up and look at them now.

Funny how nobody mentioned their overspending last season when they were promoted.

Our team in L1 can learn a lot from Leicester!

Otis

So you never see any man utd Chelsea or man city tops in the town then?

Really odd argument that.
Not an odd argument at all. Surely it is bleeding obvious. Leicester are right on our doorstep and considered by most as a close rival.

That is completely and totally different from Chelsea (who I believe are in London) and Man City ( who I believe are in Manchester).

Leicester is 22 miles from us. If loads of people in Leeds started supporting and wearing Sheff Weds tops how do you think that would go down?

It's all about the proximity and close rivalry.

Terry Gibson's perm

Not an odd argument at all. Surely it is bleeding obvious. Leicester are right on our doorstep and considered by most as a close rival.

That is completely and totally different from Chelsea (who I believe are in London) and Man City ( who I believe are in Manchester).

Leicester is 22 miles from us. If loads of people in Leeds started supporting and wearing Sheff Weds tops how do you think that would go down?

There could be a lot of Leicester shirts in charity shops in a couple of years time

Grendel

So when villa derby and forest won the league loads supported them instead of the normal glamour clubs.

Don't think so.

Grendel

Leicester owners are mega rich. The notion they are going to do a Blackburn is nonsense.

The main problem will not be players leaving but retaining the squad following an influx.

Leicester net spend was in the top 7 or 8 last season.

These owners will easily commit £100 million plus for new players.

People forget Chelsea were a tin pot club who'd won a championship once in the 50's and had desperate crowds in a decaying stadium.

There is no reason why they will now not be a very strong member of the premier elite.

Grendel

that was a different era, before the hyper saturated over exposed premier league

No it wasn't. Kids still supported big teams. Leicester aren't that yet. Also they haven't any prestige - we won't lose any fans if they win the league. Tottenham have more glamour if anything.

LB87ccfc

They have proven that you dont need to spend £150M+ or whatever to challenge and win a league title. They have lived within their means and I really hope they do go all the way.

They have fantatsic team spirit, the determination to get results and they have proven the majority of pundits wrong. They could be in the Championship right now but they gained the results to stay up and look at them now.

Funny how nobody mentioned their overspending last season when they were promoted.

Our team in L1 can learn a lot from Leicester!

Your extremely welcome to your opinion as its a forum purely for opinions and debates, but please note, Leicester have actually spent over £150m - You may be thinking on players, but their owners wiped over £100m in debt alone when they come in and purchased the stadium for over £25m.

Add to the few odd £5-£7m player here and their, as well as wages and your talking alot of cash.

I have a mate who supports Leicester and I give him shit all the time for overspending in the championship :)

LB87ccfc

A- I never went back to their Admin issue ( which they did cheat and got away with which resulted in new rules for all instead of a saction)

B - Saying if we did the same we would be better off, so its ok to cheat in sport now Grendel?

Grendel

chelsea were never tin pot before abramovic. were in europe on merit and did well in domestic cups too

Chelsea had won one championship. They had two relegations in the 80's and didn't win a major cup until 1970 - league wise they were far poorer than most London rivals. I remember some dire crowds at Stamford bridge

Grendel

Terry Gibson's perm

Leicester owners are mega rich. The notion they are going to do a Blackburn is nonsense.

The main problem will not be players leaving but retaining the squad following an influx.

Leicester net spend was in the top 7 or 8 last season.

These owners will easily commit £100 million plus for new players.

People forget Chelsea were a tin pot club who'd won a championship once in the 50's and had desperate crowds in a decaying stadium.

There is no reason why they will now not be a very strong member of the premier elite.

although Chelsea may have been an average sized club but they have one advantage over Leicester location players want to live in London, even with champions league football Leicester will not be as attractive, they will have to overpay to sign players and overpay for their wages

Brylowes

Spurs were always a glamour club, Chelsea had regular crowds of around
10,000 15,000 in the 1980s , I would say West Ham were considered
bigger . Chelsea were doing well and had money well before Abramovich
turned up courtesy of Mathew Hardiing, before he met a sticky end.
Aparantly Abramovich was first interested in spurs but chose Chelsea
after advice from Sven G Ericsson

Hobo

chelsea were never tin pot before abramovic. were in europe on merit and did well in domestic cups too

They never really started winning things until 1997. In the 70's and 80's they had collection bins on the terraces to keep going.

The Shed was a very appropriate name.

jas365

They never really started winning things until 1997. In the 70's and 80's they had collection bins on the terraces to keep going.

The Shed was a very appropriate name.

It's amazing to look back at just how run down Stamford Bridge was prior to it's rebuild. The away end was shocking, and the views were terrible as you were a mile from the pitch.

Bumberclart

It's amazing to look back at just how run down Stamford Bridge was prior to it's rebuild. The away end was shocking, and the views were terrible as you were a mile from the pitch.
It was lovely on a sunny day, bloody awful if it was raining.

CCFC88

Your extremely welcome to your opinion as its a forum purely for opinions and debates, but please note, Leicester have actually spent over £150m - You may be thinking on players, but their owners wiped over £100m in debt alone when they come in and purchased the stadium for over £25m.

Add to the few odd £5-£7m player here and their, as well as wages and your talking alot of cash.

I have a mate who supports Leicester and I give him shit all the time for overspending in the championship :)

I dont think anyone is interested on what they have spent off the pitch, on the pitch the team that has played week in week out cost buttons which is why it is such an incredible acheivement. Their starting 11 cost 23mil to put together, some mid table championship teams cost more.

LB87ccfc

I dont think anyone is interested on what they have spent off the pitch, on the pitch the team that has played week in week out cost buttons which is why it is such an incredible acheivement. Their starting 11 cost 23mil to put together, some mid table championship teams cost more.

Cost 23m to put together and then theirs wages, win bonuses etc etc etc....... If your that impressed foxes talk will welcome you.

Brylowes

Cost 23m to put together and then theirs wages, win bonuses etc etc etc....... If your that impressed foxes talk will welcome you.
How impressed would they be if they had a nose on here and discovered an
18 page thread dedicated to them. :facepalm:

LB87ccfc

How impressed would they be if they had a nose on here and discovered an
18 page thread dedicated to them. :facepalm:

Exactly embarrassing and to see some thinking its superb what they doing makes me sick to be honest.

I really couldnt care less about them yet some seem fixated.

CCFC88

Exactly embarrassing and to see some thinking its superb what they doing makes me sick to be honest.

I really couldnt care less about them yet some seem fixated.

Stop talking about it then. I think its superb, really superb. Youve attributed about 2 of the 18 pages.

smileycov

Facebook User
I haven't read all of these pages (or any in fact!!) so sorry if mentioned, but in 1963, they were top with 5 games to go and 7 points clear and Spurs were second. They drew 1 more game lost the remainder and finished fourth or fifth. Bizarre!

Users who are viewing this thread