Love snow (1 Viewer)

chiefdave

Also, as for teachers being lazy. I'm pretty sure they close the schools due to health and safety of the kids.
There's a set criteria for schools, essentially if buses start getting cancelled or the advice from the police and motoring organisations is not to travel they don't have much choice other than to close.
  1. The state of pathways, steps and slopes around the school
  2. Condition of roads and pathways in the local area
  3. If the school's heating, lighting and water is working correctly
  4. Whether catering can be provided
  5. Availability of public transport and school coaches
  6. The weather forecast

bringbackrattles

I used to do voluntary work at basic skills workshops.Helping adults with their literacy and numeracy problems. Really rewarding and I enjoyed it, and it was good to know you helped someone progress. But it was only a few hours a week so I fitted it in with my work. Yet you had to set homework and do a worksheet after each session, so those that do it as a full time job I have respect for.

CJ_covblaze

I’m getting the impression that a lot of schools will be closed tomorrow too. The temperatures tonight will make conditions difficult. Could be another day where my guys have nothing to do. Was surprised how early Bablake announced they were closed yesterday. In the past they hadn’t until the morning.

Nick

Administrator
I couldn't be a teacher, mainly because I'd end up crossing the line if the kids were naughty and cracking mum jokes and going a bit far with the bantz.

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

Do wonder if tomorrow could actually be the bad day.

Day off today, so walked to the supermarket rather than use car. Roads are absolutely fine, but footpaths truly lethal as the snow's been compacted to ice!

I think it will dropping into the minuses and not getting above 0.

It'll be black ice everywhere!

Terry Gibson's perm

Our office was closed today, so I'm working from home today. Probably why I'm posting on here so much...

I think some people need to lighten up though. We don't get snow very often and it can be quite magical. One of my dogs had never seen it before so had a day full of experience yesterday.

Also, as for teachers being lazy. I'm pretty sure they close the schools due to health and safety of the kids.

It probably is the health and safety of the kids so why aren't the teachers in? Great news here though the ones over the road have no learnt to drive in the snow so have headed off to the shops next time they mention not enough time for lesson planning and marking I will remind them of today

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

It probably is the health and safety of the kids so why aren't the teachers in? Great news here though the ones over the road have no learnt to drive in the snow so have headed off to the shops next time they mention not enough time for lesson planning and marking I will remind them of today

You really need to cheer up my friend!

images

Grendel

Going to become a teacher then, given it's so cushy?

Well I don’t know a profession in the private sector that allows days off for bad weather, a tax payer funded pension, is heavily unionised in the way the actual professional thinks and is opposed to performance related incentives

M&B Stand

Well I don’t know a profession in the private sector that allows days off for bad weather, a tax payer funded pension, is heavily unionised in the way the actual professional thinks and is opposed to performance related incentives

The Trains?

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

Just walked home from work took double the time it took this morning!
Paths are like an ice rink, going to be a nightmare for people in the morning!

speedie87

Reckon driving conditions on side roads are going’s to be the worst in the morning the compacted shiny snow is almost just ice now; a night of minus temps and will be an ice rink

Terry Gibson's perm

Reckon driving conditions on side roads are going’s to be the worst in the morning the compacted shiny snow is almost just ice now; a night of minus temps and will be an ice rink

Thanks looking forward to driving in at 8pm and back at 3am

steve82

I'm a huge snow lover, was out most the day with the family however come half 1 last night only 6 1/2 hours into a 12hr night shift clearing snow from around the railway in the Northamptonshire area I'd seen enough battling against the freezing wind and blizzard like conditions so the morning commuters can go about there business.

Braced for the big freeze tonight and most likely same again.

pastythegreat

Both schools closed obviously the magic snow fairies didn't clear it off
Is that what it is? Are you in a foul mood because you had to look after you own kids and couldn't Palm them off on somebody else for the day?
Or is it just because you have to go to work whilst others have got the day off?
Or did you get knocked back from becoming a teacher so it's just sour grapes?

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Sky Blue Pete

Mmmmmmm maybe in the 80’s

Users who are viewing this thread