Love snow (2 Viewers)

covmark

Not too bad at the moment in Wiltshire. Supposed to be rough from 3 onwards. Dorset is supposed to get it worse than where I am too.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Not too bad at the moment in Wiltshire. Supposed to be rough from 3 onwards. Dorset is supposed to get it worse than where I am too.

My brother's head office is in Wimborne & they were all sent home over an hour ago. The snow is very heavy. Take it easy if you're heading that way.

Cheers guys, rang the hotel and they said from 3 too.

Problem is the missus can't finish work until 4 so it's making it a bit mission suicide now.

Will update if I make it alive!

Liquid Gold

Bristol is actually covered in snow for the first time in my 5 years living here. Unfortunately I live so close to my office I've got no reason to leave and dick about in it.

CJ_covblaze

A good amount of sporting fixtures are being cancelled. Can see the majority being off if it carries on like this.

lifeskyblue

What songs sum up this weather at the moment ? Cold As Ice by Foreigner. Or anything by Edgar Winter.
The opening to cowboy junkies ‘cheap is how I feel’

It's the kind of night that's so cold, when you spit
it freezes before it hits the ground
And when a bum asks you for a quarter, you give a dollar
if he's out tonight he must be truly down

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Otis

Whats the deal with schools in Coventry closing? The roads are fine.
My daughter has an audition for Birmingham Ormiston Academy tomorrow and that's just been cancelled. They say they are expecting very bad weather overnight, so the entire school is closed tomorrow.

Terry Gibson's perm

It was -20 when I was in Canada for xmas 7 years ago and it wasn’t this bad as there was no wind

covmark

Really rough down here. Been throwing it down for about 3 hours now. Must have about 3 or 4 inches on the ground and it's going to snow till about 2am. Then again tomorrow afternoon. Good job I've got a shed load of beer

Terry Gibson's perm

Everybody needs to remain patient, at work last night we had no trailers from Scotland or going back so if you are expecting a parcel from Scotland there will be a wait

W

westcountry_skyblue

Drifting and a cold wind here been like it since 2pm.
Forecast like this until the early hours then starts again tomorrow morning.

Nick

Administrator
Took me an hour and a half for what usually takes me half hour :(

So many impatient bellends on the road, can't do much more than 25 in a 30 on an icy road where you slide with the slightest touch of the brakes. Sitting on back bumpers is going to end in tears.

Buses whizzing about as well, can see one of them crashing.

covmark

There's going to be no milk in the shops down here for a few days either. I work for the biggest milk supplier in the country and none of our trucks can leave the dairy in Bridgewater.

Grendel

Took me an hour and a half for what usually takes me half hour :(

So many impatient bellends on the road, can't do much more than 25 in a 30 on an icy road where you slide with the slightest touch of the brakes. Sitting on back bumpers is going to end in tears.

Buses whizzing about as well, can see one of them crashing.

It’s bad conditions now - the wind means road gritting isn’t effective - it’s like icy sleet coming down and the windchill is making it the coldest I’ve known.

Nick

Administrator
It’s bad conditions now - the wind means road gritting isn’t effective - it’s like icy sleet coming down and the windchill is making it the coldest I’ve known.

Yeah the grit was pretty much pointless.

Went down the hill by one stop in eastern green towards the a45, it was a close your eyes and hope job as cars were sliding all over.

bringbackrattles

On the round this week the water froze in the bucket in a few minutes, and ice was on a lot of windows. No wonder I got the red card and told to come back next week !

bringbackrattles

All the outside taps will be frozen too :(

You should think outside the box and do car windows in the mornings ;)
An Indian woman last week asked me to come on Friday to do her windows and do some gardening jobs. Jokingly I said okay but as long as it ain't snowing. Surely you can't do garden jobs in this ?

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Only started snowing here on the island at 3 this afternoon. Nothing beforehand. Now, I doubt if I could get to the end of my cul-d-sac, just 50 yards or so away! I had to get to the hospital today to have a brace fitted on my leg. Managed to get there and back! Phew!
(It's on my left leg, but took this via a mirror!)
Knee Brace.jpg

CJ_covblaze

Whats the deal with schools in Coventry closing? The roads are fine.

Only a few have in Coventry so far. Not the case elsewhere though.

pastythegreat

Only started snowing here on the island at 3 this afternoon. Nothing beforehand. Now, I doubt if I could get to the end of my cul-d-sac, just 50 yards or so away! I had to get to the hospital today to have a brace fitted on my leg. Managed to get there and back! Phew!
View attachment 9158
The joys of growing old eh!

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Terry Gibson's perm

View attachment 9158
:emoji_kissing_smiling_eyes: Sexy legs

Users who are viewing this thread