Match Thread Luton (4 Viewers)

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

I think we might be a bit more conservative against Luton, say Sheaf in for O'Hare, then be more aggresive vs Wycombe. Possibly swapping McCallum for Giles along with bringing O'Hare back in.

Both winnable games and would hope for 4 points.

Gibbo

it would not surprise me in the least were we to beat Luton and then draw against Wycombe.

shmmeee

Aside from Stoke, next 8 league games are really interesting. 3 against the bottom 3 (Sheff Wed twice), 4 against the group of teams just above us in mid table.

But of luck and a following wind and we could go into mid Jan with space between us and relegation and having clawed back the gap to mid table.

Razzle Dazzle Dean Gordon

Aside from Stoke, next 8 league games are really interesting. 3 against the bottom 3 (Sheff Wed twice), 4 against the group of teams just above us in mid table.

But of luck and a following wind and we could go into mid Jan with space between us and relegation and having clawed back the gap to mid table.
Yeah this run of games over the rest of December has the potential to be pretty key for our season i think. From memory i think we have a tough run again in February or March so it would be good to see us rack a few points up prior to that so we don't leave ourselves with a massive issue going into the final stretch of the season. Everything i've seen from us so far suggests we are capable of doing just that but you never know with City!

Frostie

Interesting to see if we switch it up again to counter the way they play or fancy ourselves to impose our style on them regardless.

They play with a proper 4-1-4-1 so pack the midfield but also play with a lot of width which could see them look to double up on our wing backs if we go 3-5-2.

Another side that has a decent threat from set pieces though too so on the flip side the extra CB will help us there & they have conceded a fair amount of their goals from crosses so if we do go 3-5-2, getting the wing-backs high could cause them problems too.

Fascinating battle.

Esoterica

I really am sorry to keep banging on about this but it is starting to seriously piss me off and all I want for my team is justice and a fair crack of the whip in games this season. This is another game against a southern based team where you can almost predict Luton getting a penalty which has us all bewildered and angry . Failing this we have a player sent off in controversial and mysterious circumstances. In fact the only surprise to me thus far this season is that we haven't had both in the same match. .

It isn't as if we are a dirty or even overtly physical side. So what is it? Why did O'Hare not get awarded a penalty against Derby but the Rotherham penalty award which was almost identical but not quite as blatant did?

Yesterday because we were so thrilled with the win we shrugged off yet another penalty award against us as the referee feeling sorry for Rotherham. There is never a referee giving us freebies because they feel sorry for us. Blackburn could have put 10 past us and the referee would not have batted an eyelid.

Last season Sunderland launched an inquiry into why they were conceding so many penalty kicks which they felt were not warranted. I have no idea what the result of this investigation was but the moral is that they signposted what they felt was an issue rather than just grin and bear it and I feel that the time has come for us to do the same.

I believe that Coventry like every other football club should be the recipient as well as the donor of penalty kicks when they are warranted and should have players sent off as well as see players from the opposition sent packing when they are involved in serious foul play. What concerns me is the phrase they were given the benefit of the doubt always seems to apply to the team we are playing and not to us.

As for this game if we get a fair crack of the whip a narrow 1 nil win.
Isn't it horrible the way middle age hangovers are riddled with paranoia and existential dread.

Londonccfcfan

I think we might be a bit more conservative against Luton, say Sheaf in for O'Hare, then be more aggresive vs Wycombe. Possibly swapping McCallum for Giles along with bringing O'Hare back in.

Both winnable games and would hope for 4 points.

Cant see that myself, think we desperately need that link between midfield and attack and Ohare is best we got, possibly see Shipley getting a chance (he does well vs Luton).

Cant see Giles getting in ahead of Sam as a wing back. Absolutely zero chance when play Wycombe.

Think Sam has been outstanding defensively adds so much mobility as well as aerial strength. Also his long throw is being utilised more if we play 2 up front. As we have seen recently.

Really dont mind us being a but more direct.

Rotherham were clueless against Biamou. At times they had 2 big defenders on him and he still created havoc.

GaryMabbuttsLeftKnee

Referees aren't infallible & notoriously inconsistent, nothing more than that.

We got away with a blatant one by Hyam v Derby too.
Yeah but that goes against the rhetoric that the refs are plotting against us... that every club seems to have. It's funny how the refs are against every club, but no club seems to think the ref is 'for' them. It doesn't stack up...

Briles

Pearsons scored the last two times weve played them, and hes suspended, massive threat in the air he is.

Sky Blue Pete

Think if you look at the strikers leg it’s pretty raised to. Wilson should have gone with his hands,

Who was the goalie that almost killed the French striker in the World Cup that time? Guess that would be a foul under the new rules too

torchomatic

These next two games are SO winnable, but I don't expect us to win both. I would be happy with a draw tonight and then get our first away win of the season at Wycombe on Saturday. First time our players will be in front of a crowd too, of course, on Saturday.

Users who are viewing this thread