Maddison (2 Viewers)

Osullivan18

Will honestly say, while I liked Maddison, I saw him being a top end championship player, didn’t think he would make the premier league. The season he had last year was incredible and I hope, like Wilson, he can continue to perform in the top flight.

Ricketts

Will honestly say, while I liked Maddison, I saw him being a top end championship player, didn’t think he would make the premier league. The season he had last year was incredible and I hope, like Wilson, he can continue to perform in the top flight.

He was always falling over and diving. Perfect for the Premier league.

PVA

He is/will be much better than Wilson IMO.

I think he'll be at a top 6 club and in the England squad within 3 or 4 years

thekidfromstrettoncamp

Watching the World Cup games where the Refs are missing a lot if you don't fall over and dive you get nothing and as for the V A R no existent when it should be in our favour a least a couple of those assaults on Kane were missed, waste of time having it or is it just a bias against us.

SlowerThanPlatt

£22m + £2m in add-ons apparently with a 10% sell on is the deal agreed. Five year deal. Largest transfer fee ever received for a Championship player. Pickford, Sissoko and Wijnaldum went for more but never actually played in the Championship

Alkhen

If we had agreed a bonus with Norwich based on him getting an international cap would that now be lost?

bawtryneal

sure you're not combining his mentions of his Mowbray hotline with mentions of his Robins hotline?!

Was not going to rise to the bait but I have had one of those days so heyho
Some people write complete shit on here, some people just make stuff up for "banter" and others post fact
I reference MR or TM or whoever to give informative information rather than just speculation, so that for example, if MR suggests that the Maddison sale is extremely helpful to his budget next year then any genuine Cov fan should be delighted to hear about that.
Maybe you just prefer to read the "shit" and "banter"
Your choice old chap.
At my age I am well past trying to impress you guys that I know so and so.

PS I think if you bother to check that is now 3 references to MR.

Magwitch

Does earning the sell on fee increase what we can offer for players re. ffp.?I believe it I seen as income could that be the extra help MR is talking about.

shmmeee

Does earning the sell on fee increase what we can offer for players re. ffp.?I believe it I seen as income could that be the extra help MR is talking about.

OSB will be along in a minute to correct me (and you for calling it FFP and not SCMP), but I think we can spend 60% of any income.

covcity4life

Exciting times

Hopefully get sterling st right back and then we don't really have too many pressing concerns. Maybe get in another striker who has done it st league 1 level and send ponticelli out on loan

We need to go all out for promotion. Momentum is huge

Mr Panda

Who knows, he could be the playmaker England need in the coming years. Can't think of another English player like him who creates chances with defence splitting passes.

Maddison for Euro 2020?

shmmeee

Who knows, he could be the playmaker England need in the coming years. Can't think of another English player like him who creates chances with defence splitting passes.

Maddison for Euro 2020?

Can’t be less effective than Alli last night.

mark82

Can’t be less effective than Alli last night.

He did seem to pick up an injury to be fair. Maybe change should've been made sooner.

If Maddison can do anything like what he did in the Championship with Leicester then he'll get a call up before too long.

clint van damme

Some people write complete shit on here, some people just make stuff up for "banter" and others post fact
I reference MR or TM or whoever to give informative information rather than just speculation, so that for example, if MR suggests that the Maddison sale is extremely helpful to his budget next year then any genuine Cov fan should be delighted to hear about that.
Your choice old chap.

it was a joke, and no way I'm going to trawl through your posts to find out how many times you've mentioned it so I'll take your word!

SlowerThanPlatt

Don’t know what the CT are going to do when it’s confirmed. 3 stories on their site all with basically the same information.

Probably a ‘5 things you need to know about new Leicester signing James Maddison’

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

Watching the World Cup games where the Refs are missing a lot if you don't fall over and dive you get nothing and as for the V A R no existent when it should be in our favour a least a couple of those assaults on Kane were missed, waste of time having it or is it just a bias against us.
My thoughts to about VAR, is it because it's England ? Is it because they don't like us ?

It's the only game so far that VAR hasn't been used. :emoji_middle_finger:

SkyblueBazza

Unless ypu know when SISU do their budgeting it is all pie in the sky. They will have a set budget for if promoted...doubt they will give MR a bonus kitty for sell-ons. They will just add it to the income for consideration in next yrs budget. And rest assured they will definitely take their minimum cut...& maybe more

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

shmmeee

Or there’s this explanation:

The reason VAR didn't give the two England penalties despite reviewing them [ESPN]

Not saying they’re correct, but...

When I watched it I was screaming at the TV and certain that ‘they’ were against us, and I haven’t rewatched it to see if the above is correct.

Looks like someone desperately trying to justify it to me, especially the second one. No way did Kane “pull the defender down onto him” and the Stones foul was minimal.

There were shocking decisions for and against both sides, especially some of the offside calls. I’m sticking with the officials being shit.

smileycov

Facebook User
Twitter saying Maddison has changed his mind about Leicester? Wants to look further into Southampton. From a lcfc twitter account also

Otis

Your choice old chap.

At your age? How old are you exactly? ;)

covcity4life

R u joking? It's the best Reffing I have seen in a long long time

They have been given a directive not too keep whistling every 2 secs for ppl going down. The games are flowing so much more and the diving players are having to stop moaning and get up and keep playing

Also linesman told not too flag offside unless clear. Leave the rest to var. Once again cuts down on promising moves ended for no reason

Yes maybe they could have used var in s few more situations but overall it's best refereeing in a long time and it's helping the sport. I just hope domestic leagues take note.

Grendel

They have been given a directive not too keep whistling every 2 secs for ppl going down. The games are flowing so much more and the diving players are having to stop moaning and get up and keep playing

Also linesman told not too flag offside unless clear. Leave the rest to var. Once again cuts down on promising moves ended for no reason

Yes maybe they could have used var in s few more situations but overall it's best refereeing in a long time and it's helping the sport. I just hope domestic leagues take note.

The referees in general have been abysmal

Esoterica

You're watching a different tournament to me. Dissent and going down under the slightest contact are through the roof.

Tony Kroos squared up to the ref in the Germany game and had to be pushed back by the ref himself, not even a yellow. Colombia spent 20 minutes throwing themselves to the floor after their red card yesterday trying to get the ref to even things up. Japanese players were still arguing with the ref even after the goalline technology had shown how far the ball was over the line on the scoreboard. Players have started to deliberately look for contact in the box because they know in slow motion it'll get given. Whole teams are surrounding the ref whenever there is a moment in the box they want reviewed.

Users who are viewing this thread