Maddison (1 Viewer)

play_in_skyblue_stripes

No need for comments you have made James Maddison if you were a Coventry City fan from Coventry.
Heart and fantastic club etc. Many bad experiences with their fans and dodgy business ethics around 2002. Lucky to have had massive investment instead of what we have had to suffer.

Never had the talent you had to sign for professional club . If I had I would never have said that about what I call the T0$$ers. Each to there own opinion etc but very disappointed to hear those comments from a Coventry person who I assummed was a Coventry City fan.
This will go down like a lead balloon with many Coventry City supporters.

Last edited:

SlowerThanPlatt

No need for comments you have made James Maddison if you were a Coventry City fan from Coventry.
Heart and fantastic club etc.

Never had the talent you had to sign for professional club . If I had I would never have said that about what I call the T0$$ers. Each to there own opinion etc but very disappointed to hear those comments from a Coventry person who I assummed was a Coventry City fan.
This will go down like a lead ballon.
Is he supposed to say he hates them and his best footballing memory is when they got relegated at our expense in 2008? It's just cliche and what the fans want to hear. Like when a player joins us "as soon as I heard of interest from a big club like Coventry City I only had my heart set on signing for them" which is a nice way of saying "they pay the most money"

Grendel

Heart and fantastic club etc.

This will go down like a lead balloon.

What are you on about? If Maddison had not turned out as planned the club would have shown him no loyalty and binned him. There is zero loyalty in football - it’s cut throat and survival of the fittest. He’s earning a huge pay day and that’s that. What would you want him to say? It’s an exciting day for him.

GaryJones

play_in_skyblue_stripes

I agree their is no loyality on either side as its a business. I would not have used terms like heart and fantastic club. Just toned it down quite a bit and been more neutral.Still a place for principles in my view.

Maybe James Maddison not experienced the unpleasant side of some of their supporters.

Last edited:

Grendel

I agree their is no loyality on either side as its a business. I would not used terms like heart and fantastic club. Just toned it down quite a bit and been more neutral.

Why? He’s bound to say positive things about the club. It’s his club.

GaryJones

I think MR will get funds from the sale but you have no chance that the club will broadcast the fact.
This may put us in the market for better quality loan players as we might be able to contribute more but I cant see us paying out a transfer fee worth talking about.
Overall the Madison sale should benefit MR and the squad.

GaryJones

As far as loyalty goes - I dont think its a word that belongs in Football any more - cant see any player giving us 10 years and getting a testimonial like they did in the old days.
In fact I bet anyone under the age of 25 doesn't even know what a football testimonial is!

fatso

Thanks for the money James,
They will drop you when they find out you’ve only got 10 fingers!!!

Alan Dugdales Moustache

I don't care one little bit about Maddison. He's gone. Yesterday's news. We've got Bayliss who is at this stage of his career just as good.

Alan Dugdales Moustache

I'm confused that people don't see how good he is / will be... Good luck to him, he's got his head screwed on, got grief when trying to help us out by staying on loan from people.on the street.
When he came back on loan he wasn't in the right frame of mind and it showed. Spent a lot of time on his backside. When he eventually left no one really missed him. Any subsequent talk has always been about how much money we might get from a future sale rather than lamenting as to what he could have done for us. .

Adge

I'm confused that people don't see how good he is / will be... Good luck to him, he's got his head screwed on, got grief when trying to help us out by staying on loan from people.on the street.
Did he? I remember a few boos as it seemed as if he had lost interest and wasn’t putting a shift in. Maybe he had just gone off the boil.

thekidfromstrettoncamp

Good luck to him whoever he choses . ,Leicester of the 2 would be better in my opinion ,Claude Puel is a better manager I think don't rate Mark Hughes, my 1 hope is Norwich don't come back for Bayliss whom I think is an even better prospect than Madison which I didn't think I would be saying that at the start of last season.

Grendel

I’m only interested in his career here and then how much money we make. He didn’t try and help us out - from January he was dire

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

I don't care one little bit about Maddison. He's gone. Yesterday's news. We've got Bayliss who is at this stage of his career just as good.
If the Maddison transfer means we keep Bayliss, then that has to be good for the team. :emoji_thumbsup:

coop

I work with a lot of Fester Fans and apart from one who follows them home and away they absolutely hate us.A lad said to me before play off final hope you have a good day but I hope you get beat.I asked him why he hated Cov so much he couldn't give me a good reason just said because it's Cov.I hope Maddison has a good time there but he isn't going there to win anything just another step in the right direction.I expect if he keeps progressing the way he is he will move on to bigger and better things.By the way our groundsman went to Fester but no one was slagging him off.

CovInEssex

Oh yeah they hate us, no question. My close friend is an ST holder and they sing about hating Cov scum most games.

Best of luck to Maddison, thanks for the cheque.

skybluetony176

The only thing that the Maddison transfer will mean for sure is that SISU won’t have to cover any periods of low cash flow with bridging loans or cover any loses with equity. They’ll be even more irrelevant than ever, zombie owners for sure.

Cov kid 55

Heart and fantastic club etc. Many bad experiences with their fans and dodgy business ethics around 2002. Lucky to have had massive investment instead of what we have had to suffer.

Ridiculous!

jimmyhillsfanclub

Good move for the lad......he will get plenty of 1st team opportunites for a club currently punching above their weight......nice bit of a spotlight while at the little stepping stone club........

.....and his city gets a pay out too......win win.

Nice one James.

hill83

As before. We've got a load of players, including players from our youth team who are from Leicester with nothing but praise for our club. You are talking absolute nonsense. Are you 15?

chiefdave

Reckon one of the bigger ones will regret not getting him .
Which could be to our benefit if, as Joy claimed, we have a stake in his whole career. Couple of years at Leicester and who knows. One of the big teams might make a silly offer.

hill83

Which could be to our benefit if, as Joy claimed, we have a stake in his whole career. Couple of years at Leicester and who knows. One of the big teams might make a silly offer.

As long as he says how shit they are when he signs for them.

GaryJones

Claude Puel "Well James my son welcome to Leicester"
Maddison "Fuck off Claude I've only come here for the cash and its easy to get to The Ricoh for midweek games - oh and I like wearing Blue shirts although this new ones a bit on the dark side!"

Speedies_Chips

Why are some of our fans such planks?

Users who are viewing this thread