Mason Greenwood (1 Viewer)

Grendel

Be amazed if he doesn’t try and pay her off.

Southgate mentioned ‘an incident’ when asked last year why he hadn’t called up Greenwood.

gone beyond the pay off stage now that he’s been arrested

Grendel

What evidence is there? a few photo's of bruises, which could be from anything, and what could be deemed as a bit of shit role playing. Rape fantasy is fairly common amongst women. I'm not saying hes either guilty or innocent, let the police carry out their investigation and go from there.

This really is a pretty strange post

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Do I think Greenwood is a scumbag and probably deserves a lengthy prison sentence? Yes.

From a legal standpoint however, the audio tape is very chopped and skewed, so I think on that alone it will be difficult to prosecute (as it stands). I assume there is an original, and from the video that plays the audio, it seems to indicate that the tape is quite a lengthy amount of minutes long. Therefore I expect there is more content on there to be reviewed by the police in advance of it going before the CPS.

If the tape is authentic, and that is matched with the pictures of her badly beaten up, then I seriously doubt he will ever play football again. The main reason being that he will be locked up for such a considerably long time so that as the time of his release will come round, he will be too old for anyone to even consider giving him a chance regardless of any crimes.

I know it is a very emotive subject, and perhaps there is a bit of pot stirring going on, but we will know soon enough if this is what it looks like or not. I don´t have much faith in our justice system at all to be honest, but with this being high profile there is no doubt he will be made an example of. If it is true then he should be removed from society for a very long time, and I expect that will happen.

Grendel

Another strange post

SkyBlue_Bear83

To the extent players are managed these days in all aspects of there life do we believe man utd football club had no idea what was happening?

Otis

To the extent players are managed these days in all aspects of there life do we believe man utd football club had no idea what was happening?
Be surprised if there weren't at least rumours. This Greenwood seems to have a very low regard for women, so you would have thought someone would have at least suspected something.

Razzle Dazzle Dean Gordon

Can’t find it now but there was a Brazilian (I think) goalkeeper who chopped his wife’s body up got done and still found a club when he came out
I read about that and then also the fact that Robinho is about to (or may now be) placed on the Interpol most wanted list as he is supposed to be serving jail time in Italy for rape. They linked back to another case in Brazil of a player being able to resume his career after a conviction for rape. Violence towards women in Brazil (and the attitude towards it) looks to be a massive problem from what I could make of those articles.

Travs

I think what Marty was trying to say is that "trial by social media" is never a good thing.

And he's quite correct.

I know of at least one ongoing case in another sport where a guy (in a significant position of authority within a governing body) has been accused of sexual harrassment.... this was "leaked" onto social media and the guy condemned and had his reputation tarnished forever.... the "social media leak" neglected to mention that the issue had already been through court and he was cleared all of any wrong-doing.

I would like to make it clear that i'm not defending Greenwood... he appears to be an incredibly undesirable character, and in the (likely) event that this is true, he deserves everything he's got coming to him....

rob9872

So did the referee shag the dog or not? :D

Evo1883

it would appear that in this case , the odds are against young Mason.. massively

Rashford and lingaard unfollowed his socials today too apparantly

SBT

I think what Marty was trying to say is that "trial by social media" is never a good thing.

And he's quite correct.

I know of at least one ongoing case in another sport where a guy (in a significant position of authority within a governing body) has been accused of sexual harrassment.... this was "leaked" onto social media and the guy condemned and had his reputation tarnished forever.... the "social media leak" neglected to mention that the issue had already been through court and he was cleared all of any wrong-doing.

I would like to make it clear that i'm not defending Greenwood... he appears to be an incredibly undesirable character, and in the (likely) event that this is true, he deserves everything he's got coming to him....

How on earth is your example relevant to this case?

Yet another example of how, for certain kinds of people, there will never be enough evidence to make them say "Yeah, this guy did something bad" - they can always just find another excuse.

Is it any wonder that so many women are terrified about speaking up when they get this kind of reaction from people like you?

Travs

How on earth is your example relevant to this case?

Yet another example of how, for certain kinds of people, there will never be enough evidence to make them say "Yeah, this guy did something bad" - they can always just find another excuse.

Is it any wonder that so many women are terrified about speaking up when they get this kind of reaction from people like you?

Do i really have to try to explain myself...?

Mason Greenwood is obviously a very undesirable character (to say the very least).... i believe he will be charged, and will be found guilty. Quite rightly so.

What "kind of people" do you think i am? Do you have any knowledge of what i may have experienced in my own life on related matters?

Pointing out that evidence posted on social media has the potential to not be 100% of the story on every occasion, is hardly trying to repress women rightly reporting criminal events such as these.

SBT

Do i really have to try to explain myself...?

Mason Greenwood is obviously a very undesirable character (to say the very least).... i believe he will be charged, and will be found guilty. Quite rightly so.

What "kind of people" do you think i am? Do you have any knowledge of what i may have experienced in my own life on related matters?

Pointing out that evidence posted on social media has the potential to not be 100% of the story on every occasion, is hardly trying to repress women rightly reporting criminal events such as these.

The kind of person who, on hearing a horrifying tape of a woman being abused, decides the most appropriate thing to do is to cast doubt on it. You’re not the only one on here - some of the arguments we’ve heard (Maybe she made it up! Maybe the tape was edited! Maybe she actually likes getting raped!) are nothing short of bizarre.

You may think throwing out these unlikely scenarios every time a bloke gets accused of abuse is some kind of important legal due diligence, as if no-one ever thinks to check for these things. It’s not. It’s just another reason why women being abused will think twice before speaking up about it.

Grendel

And he's quite correct.

Its not really trial by social media is it? This was a pretty graphic and harrowing series of images and also a very unpleasant audio call

I suspect it was taken down quickly because the abuse that the victim chose to show was no doubt vilified and questioned in the same way it has on her. She probably will be pressured to withdraw the allegations as she will not be able to live a normal life as herself anymore. We have seen on here "she asked for it", "she wanted it(!)" - she's already being tried herself

Travs

The kind of person who, on hearing a horrifying tape of a woman being abused, decides the most appropriate thing to do is to cast doubt on it. You’re not the only one on here - some of the arguments we’ve heard (Maybe she made it up! Maybe the tape was edited! Maybe she actually likes getting raped!) are nothing short of bizarre.

You may think throwing out these unlikely scenarios every time a bloke gets accused of abuse is some kind of important legal due diligence, as if no-one ever thinks to check for these things. It’s not. It’s just another reason why women being abused will think twice before speaking up about it.

I think you're confusing my belief that things will go through a legal process (as is the way in this country), with some kind of notion that i want the guy to be innocent and am trying to stick up for him.

Its fairly clear that is not the point i'm making whatsoever.

Both my posts state that he's obviously got "history" and is a nasty character... and i personally believe the evidence that has been posted... however i still believe that there should be a legal process, or perhaps we should lock him away now?

rob9872

We can of course only go on what has been reported, but the one thing that did strike me as odd was why put it in the public domain rather than the hands of the police, but apparrently her phone was hacked and it wasn't her that put the footage out there, which not only makes it even more alarming, but hence why she also took it down quickly. Unfortunately for some the damage is already done and the victim blaming already begun too, which is outrageous in such a case of undeniable evidence, regardless of the outcome.

djr8369

I think you're confusing my belief that things will go through a legal process (as is the way in this country), with some kind of notion that i want the guy to be innocent and am trying to stick up for him.

Both my posts state that he's obviously got "history" and is a nasty character... and i personally believe the evidence that has been posted... however i still believe that there should be a legal process, or perhaps we should lock him away now?
Most people believe there should be a legal process. They’re not all rushing to say that though as it adds no value.

SBT

If you want a cookie for pointing out that this will go through a legal process, then be my guest. You can bore off with your pub stories about anonymous blokes being stitched up with fake accusations of abuse though - those aren’t relevant here in the slightest.

Crazy to me that people on here will line up to puff their chests about how much they despise criminals etc, but as soon as it’s a bloke accused of sexual assault they start umming and ahhing, ‘Careful now, don’t forget about the tiny chance that it’s all a stitch-up!’ etc etc

NorthernWisdom

If you want a cookie for pointing out that this will go through a legal process, then be my guest. You can bore off with your pub stories about anonymous blokes being stitched up with fake accusations of abuse though - those aren’t relevant here in the slightest.

Crazy to me that people on here will line up to puff their chests about how much they despise criminals etc, but as soon as it’s a bloke accused of sexual assault they start umming and ahhing, ‘Careful now, don’t forget about the tiny chance that it’s all a stitch-up!’ etc etc
tbf I wouldn't put Travs' response in the league of others, although maybe pinning his response to someone else's was... unwise.

I think it's safe to say that of course he should go through the legal process. What can be said now without much comeback is that he's a lowlife, however. He's definitely in the Ched Evans category, has the opportunity to promote himself above that.

She said yes, Mason... amplified.

Users who are viewing this thread