Match Day Thread - Sky Blue Sports & Leisure Limited and Others -v- Coventry City Council and Others (1 Viewer)

Otis

How many of you have gone out and bought a Ricoh product based solely on the fact we play home games in a stadium with that name?
Personally, I have never ever bought a Ricoh product. I'm not even sure what products they make.
I went out and bought a Ricoh camera.

This was years before the Ricoh was ever built, mind.

Astute

Not really just to me, all very leaning towards wasps being the goodies and ccfc the baddies.

Only have to read them to see that in this thread which is why I just replied in here about the posts in the thread.

Never said they aren't put across well or better informed. A post can be well written and factual but still very much give a certain impression / view.

If only the telegraph could afford that. :)

Ps. That's not saying any party haven't been baddies, it's pointing out it isn't just them.
We all know this.

But some on here want the truth to lean towards more that they want to hear than being straight down the middle. They see an unbiased view as being biased as it doesn't say what they want it to say.

Sick Boy

Why on earth would SISU leaving end up with the club owning 50% of the ground? It's shocking how naive some people are, no doubt they think it would be 50% of what Wasps paid as well.

fernandopartridge

Why on earth would SISU leaving end up with the club owning 50% of the ground? It's shocking how naive some people are, no doubt they think it would be 50% of what Wasps paid as well.
Yes. The existence of Wasps and their subsequent actions has ended any chance of CCFC having a stake in the stadium. It's pretty irrelevant who the owners are.

skybluetony176

All I know is that the biggest obstacle stopping the club moving forward is the owners. The only thing keeping them here in my opinion is the prospect of litigation. The sooner that opportunity goes the sooner they will. The quickest way for that to happen is for the Supreme Court (assuming that they will continue with the appeal and haven’t already decided to throw the towel in) to also turn down their appeal. They’ll then I believe have no where to go. If they win the appeal and JR 2 was to happen that’s going to be at least another two years of the distraction of litigation.

The club doesn’t need it, the fans don’t need it, the players don’t need it, the playing staff don’t need it and anyone is daft enough to think that there’s any scenario in this litigation that will serve to benefit the club they need their head checking.

We need owners who’s focus is the club so we can have everyone pulling in the same direction. That isn’t going to happen until the current owners go. For that reason alone I hope all the doors of appeal are shut firmly in their faces as soon as possible. Then finally maybe the club can move forward as one.

Covstu

All I know is that the biggest obstacle stopping the club moving forward is the owners. The only thing keeping them here in my opinion is the prospect of litigation. The sooner that opportunity goes the sooner they will. The quickest way for that to happen is for the Supreme Court (assuming that they will continue with the appeal and haven’t already decided to throw the towel in) to also turn down their appeal. They’ll then I believe have no where to go. If they win the appeal and JR 2 was to happen that’s going to be at least another two years of the distraction of litigation.

The club doesn’t need it, the fans don’t need it, the players don’t need it, the playing staff don’t need it and anyone is daft enough to think that there’s any scenario in this litigation that will serve to benefit the club they need their head checking.

We need owners who’s focus is the club so we can have everyone pulling in the same direction. That isn’t going to happen until the current owners go. For that reason alone I hope all the doors of appeal are shut firmly in their faces as soon as possible. Then finally maybe the club can move forward as one.
Agree Tony but I just cannot see where else they have to go and argue with a credible argument anymore. They have been blown out the water 4 times now? They don’t have an argument albeit for what it’s worth I think there was a deliberate deal to fuck them over in the end but didn’t mean it was illegal or wrong just maybe shirt sited against the club and it’s fans.

No doubt how SISU went about it’s business was unethical and bridges truly burnt now. We will never own a part of the Ricoh whilst wasps and Alan Higgs are around, even highly unlikely if SISU do disappear which I cannot see for years but that doesn’t bother me if they focus on the football and drop this legal action

Nick

Administrator
Nicks been in overdrive making sure that will happen. He’s clearly missing the good old days.
Have I actually though or are you upset because I pointed something out?

I post in all pretty much all threads apart from NFL, Cricket and Brexit.

How you define overdrive anyway? More posts in this thread in a day than in any others put together in a week or something like that? How about 20 posts since August, 7 of them in this thread in a day. 5 in one about Wasps getting low attendances over another 24 hours and 1 about a ccfc match that was on Sky.

OK then, clearly I'm the one in overdrive. Although I probably will be depending how cold my hands are at the match later. See a couple of others next time somebody mentions a Wasps attendance to tell everybody that everything is fine and there's nothing to see here.

NorthernWisdom

Let’s face it, every time we have legal outcomes and appeals SISU are argueing the same case and getting to the same outcome
Also tbf(?) in this case it was slightly different. This is the one that was always pretty improbable they'd win however as even the most incompetent council, by now aware of the litigious nature of SISU, would have made any deal as watertight as possible.

tbh it's the opinions of who's right, who's wrong - who started it, who's continuing it I find rather tedious. We may as well bump the threads from four years ago and save ourselves typing it all out again!

Covstu

Also tbf(?) in this case it was slightly different. This is the one that was always pretty improbable they'd win however as even the most incompetent council, by now aware of the litigious nature of SISU, would have made any deal as watertight as possible.

tbh it's the opinions of who's right, who's wrong - who started it, who's continuing it I find rather tedious. We may as well bump the threads from four years ago and save ourselves typing it all out again!
The life of a city fan, stuck in this legal loop as much as the club are

Monkeyface

Three or four years I was in the company of a local politician socially involved in his position at the time in the various sisu actions, he said to me in his opinion they, sisu, will drive our football club out of business eventually I truly fear we are now on that road

To be fair I do some work with a retired cllr/Lord Mayor who is still "connected". He once described SISU as the second biggest hedge fund in the USA. I couldn't be arsed to discuss it with him!

skybluetony176

And the biggest obstacle stopping the club getting new owners is the fact the ground is now owned by a rugby club.

Unless you have a connection to the club you'd look to take over any other club in the country ahead of us.

It really isn’t. We already know of one consortium who has tried to buy the club and according to Simon Gilbert on the phone in last night there are other parties interested too. The biggest obstacle is the litigation and the fact that the owners won’t sell until all avenues have been exhausted. To suggest otherwise is just unnecessary nonsense.

Nick

Administrator
It really isn’t. We already know of one consortium who has tried to buy the club and according to Simon Gilbert on the phone in last night there are other parties interested too. The biggest obstacle is the litigation and the fact that the owners won’t sell until all avenues have been exhausted. To suggest otherwise is just unnecessary nonsense.

Who has actually seriously tried to buy the club? The consortium with Dale Evans in or the one with Michael from KCIC fronting it? Preston Haskell? Most of it is a takeover attempt via the media for some reason.

There hasn't really been much of a serious intent to take over even for the couple of years before SISU came in. We ended up with SISU because nobody else was really that arsed and that was when there was still a potential option to get the stadium.

skybluetony176

Have I actually though or are you upset because I pointed something out?

I post in all pretty much all threads apart from NFL, Cricket and Brexit.

How you define overdrive anyway? More posts in this thread in a day than in any others put together in a week or something like that? How about 20 posts since August, 7 of them in this thread in a day. 5 in one about Wasps getting low attendances over another 24 hours and 1 about a ccfc match that was on Sky.

OK then, clearly I'm the one in overdrive. Although I probably will be depending how cold my hands are at the match later. See a couple of others next time somebody mentions a Wasps attendance to tell everybody that everything is fine and there's nothing to see here.

Yes you are. I’ve stayed of the thread for the most part. Going by post count and the tone of your posting the only one who could possibly be upset is yourself.

Personally I’m happy that another step has been taken in the direction of getting rid of SISU. Admittedly I have no idea at this time how many more steps there are to be taken but I celebrate the fact that there’s one less. Can’t understand why any city fan wouldn’t feel the same way.

skybluetony176

Who has actually seriously tried to buy the club? The consortium with Dale Evans in or the one with Michael from KCIC fronting it? Preston Haskell?

There hasn't really been much of a serious intent to take over even for the couple of years before SISU came in.

This is exactly what I mean. You’re clearly upset at the possibility of anyone else owning the club other than SISU. As I say yesterday was a cause for celebrating. You seem to be at a wake.

Nick

Administrator
Yes you are. I’ve stayed of the thread for the most part. Going by post count and the tone of your posting the only one who could possibly be upset is yourself.

Personally I’m happy that another step has been taken in the direction of getting rid of SISU. Admittedly I have no idea at this time how many more steps there are to be taken but I celebrate the fact that there’s one less. Can’t understand why any city fan wouldn’t feel the same way.

I've also posted multiple times in a thread about Weeman having a child, about Grendel wanting donations for dogs, about a horror show on netflix. Have a look through and you will see Im not just popping up on this thread.

No mention of the stats I gave you? Didn't think so.

skybluetony176

Both the cases were completely different, JR2 if anything contradicts JR1. All that can confirm is that the truth is in the middle and sisu are pissing in the wind changing direction as the wind changes.

Nick

Administrator
This is exactly what I mean. You’re clearly upset at the possibility of anyone else owning the club other than SISU. As I say yesterday was a cause for celebrating. You seem to be at a wake.

No, I am being realistic. The same was said when I said Dale Evans was full of shit from the start. "You just dont want SISU to go" type shit. That turned out well also.

I'll be celebrating later if we win, if we lose I probably will be pissed off.

Nice try at twisting the attention away from the point I made though. What next? I am on SISU's payroll, I am Tim Fisher? Scrape the Barrel.

skybluetony176

I've also posted multiple times in a thread about Weeman having a child, about Grendel wanting donations for dogs, about a horror show on netflix. Have a look through and you will see Im not just popping up on this thread.

No mention of the stats I gave you? Didn't think so.

Go and take a chill pill. You’re working yourself up at a time of celebration. Not just for weeman either.

Magwitch

There will be a price that loosens the sisu grip obviously more than the last Hoffman bid. As we stand our team will have no home at the end of the season and out of business that would reduce whatever value sisu have to zero I’d think. Of course there isn’t a bottomless pit but we need to have an idea what they want

Covstu

Still can’t understand why they would just leave if legal action has been exhausted? Truth is we all don’t know what the game plan is going to be now

Nick

Administrator
Go and take a chill pill. You’re working yourself up at a time of celebration. Not just for weeman either.

I'm clearly not worked up though...

Like I said, I will be celebrating later if we win. I will probably be worked up after we lose.

Either way, I won't be missing and then nipping back to post if somebody mentions Wasps attendances.

Strange, while you are going on about me trying to push something you completely miss something right there.

chiefdave

It really isn’t. We already know of one consortium who has tried to buy the club and according to Simon Gilbert on the phone in last night there are other parties interested too.
Who has tried to buy the club since the Ricoh was sold to Wasps?

Haskell was the last 'serious' bid. If you recall he was last reported as being seen going in to the council house with Joe Elliott for a meeting and was then never heard from again. Was later revealed he didn't have the money anyway.

Or are you referring to Hoffman who a) doesn't have the money; b) was here under SISU and c) was duped by Dale Evans.

Given what Chris Anderson has said since leaving suspect he may have been here to look at things prior to a bid but he walked away when Wasps walked out on talks over a longer term deal at the Ricoh.

What makes us a more attractive proposition than any other club for those who don't have any connection to us?

Nick

Administrator
Still can’t understand why they would just leave if legal action has been exhausted? Truth is we all don’t know what the game plan is going to be now

They were apparently leaving after relegations as well. We don't really know apart from that it won't be simple.

Users who are viewing this thread