Match Day Thread - Sky Blue Sports & Leisure Limited and Others -v- Coventry City Council and Others (1 Viewer)

stupot07

Still can’t understand why they would just leave if legal action has been exhausted? Truth is we all don’t know what the game plan is going to be now
If as we are led to believe are now sustainable and Sisu aren't having to put any more money in, then we are not costing them anything and therefore you'd assume there is no rush for them to sell unless they receive a silly offer. Unfortunately, I can't see them going anywhere for a the foreseeable.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

skybluetony176

No, I am being realistic. The same was said when I said Dale Evans was full of shit from the start. "You just dont want SISU to go" type shit. That turned out well also.

I'll be celebrating later if we win, if we lose I probably will be pissed off.

Nice try at twisting the attention away from the point I made though. What next? I am on SISU's payroll, I am Tim Fisher? Scrape the Barrel.

Why would I say you’re on SISU’s payroll or that you’re Tim Fisher? Only one person scraping the barrel with that one and it’s you. Go and calm yourself down. Yesterday was good news for crying out loud. Try acting like it.

skybluetony176

Who has tried to buy the club since the Ricoh was sold to Wasps?

Haskell was the last 'serious' bid. If you recall he was last reported as being seen going in to the council house with Joe Elliott for a meeting and was then never heard from again. Was later revealed he didn't have the money anyway.

Or are you referring to Hoffman who a) doesn't have the money; b) was here under SISU and c) was duped by Dale Evans.

Given what Chris Anderson has said since leaving suspect he may have been here to look at things prior to a bid but he walked away when Wasps walked out on talks over a longer term deal at the Ricoh.

What makes us a more attractive proposition than any other club for those who don't have any connection to us?

I remember when people kept insisting that no one would buy the club. Now it’s no one without a connection.

There’s always someone just as there’s always a manager who will come here when we need one.

Nick

Administrator
Why would I say you’re on SISU’s payroll or that you’re Tim Fisher? Only one person scraping the barrel with that one and it’s you. Go and calm yourself down. Yesterday was good news for crying out loud. Try acting like it.

I am calm though? I'm not sure what you are on about.

I said you would try that because you have already tried the "you dont want SISU to leave" nonsense because I pointed out the lack of serious takeover attempt even before they took over.

Like I said, I will be celebrating or pissed off later depending on the result.

Nick

Administrator
I remember when people kept insisting that no one would buy the club. Now it’s no one without a connection.

There’s always someone just as there’s always a manager who will come here when we need one.

Yeah, Dale Evans will save us. He's the real deal.

Maybe it's why people get so uptight about it all, they fall for any old shite if people like the Trust and Hoffman open their mouths.

skybluetony176

Still can’t understand why they would just leave if legal action has been exhausted? Truth is we all don’t know what the game plan is going to be now

You may well be right and my opinion is as I say my opinion. Sisu are going to have to cut their losses at some point. They aren’t here to build a new stadium or a team that can challenge for the premier league. At some point they will have to consolidate their losses (although I think I’m right in saying the majority is historic and therefore hasn’t cost them anything in real terms) on this investment. I’m of the opinion that when litigation has been completed they’ll have little option but to sell and recover what they can.

chiefdave

So who is it that has tried to buy the club since the stadium was sold to Wasps?

skybluetony176

Yeah, Dale Evans will save us. He's the real deal.

Maybe it's why people get so uptight about it all, they fall for any old shite if people like the Trust and Hoffman open their mouths.

Never brought the Dale Evans nonsense either so not sure why you’re concentrating on him so much.

Nick

Administrator
You may well be right and my opinion is as I say my opinion. Sisu are going to have to cut their losses at some point. They aren’t here to build a new stadium or a team that can challenge for the premier league. At some point they will have to consolidate their losses (although I think I’m right in saying the majority is historic and therefore hasn’t cost them anything in real terms) on this investment. I’m of the opinion that when litigation has been completed they’ll have little option but to sell and recover what they can.

The thing is though, all of their actual losses are probably written off by now anyway.

We have heard people say "SISU will leave after X, SISU will leave after Y". None of it has ever happened, there's no point getting our hopes up every time.

Magwitch

Dale Evans was bloody obviously a fantasist just like the Asian bloke a few years ago can’t understand why his name is consistently brought up

Nick

Administrator
Never brought the Dale Evans nonsense either so not sure why you’re concentrating on him so much.

Because the only person who has seemingly put a bid in fell for it. The same bloke who tried to use Michael as a front for another token media takeover.

All of the "bids" have been via the Telegraph and Social Media. That's what is meant by no actual serious bids.

skybluetony176

So who is it that has tried to buy the club since the stadium was sold to Wasps?

You know who. What’s the point in asking me questions that you already know the answer to? It also doesn’t mean that no one else isn’t interested either. If they’ve come to the same conclusion as me that sisu won’t sell until litigation has been exhausted why would you know about them now?

Let’s see what sisu do next. If they announce that they’re dropping the legals and there are people they might see it as the time to try. I suspect that they won’t drop the legals myself although it would be a welcome surprise. So I don’t think we’ll find out for a while.

Nick

Administrator
You know who. What’s the point in asking me questions that you already know the answer to? It also doesn’t mean that no one else isn’t interested either. If they’ve come to the same conclusion as me that sisu won’t sell until litigation has been exhausted why would you know about them now?

Let’s see what sisu do next. If they announce that they’re dropping the legals and there are people they might see it as the time to try. I suspect that they won’t drop the legals myself although it would be a welcome surprise. So I don’t think we’ll find out for a while.

If people are actually interested, they would be going to SISU and putting the feelers out about what it would take and showing their interest.

They wouldn't be going to a journalist, fans groups or social media to tell them. Like it or not, none of them can sell the club or change ownership.

skybluetony176

Because the only person who has seemingly put a bid in fell for it. The same bloke who tried to use Michael as a front for another token media takeover.

All of the "bids" have been via the Telegraph and Social Media. That's what is meant by no actual serious bids.

The Hoffman consortiums initial bids was in private. It didn’t come out until after it was rejected. You know that so why you pretend otherwise is anyone’s guess.

IIRC they also made two bids before anyone had even heard of Dale Evans and neither as you know were done through the telegraph or social media.

Nick

Administrator
The Hoffman consortiums initial bids was in private. It didn’t come out until after it was rejected. You know that so why you pretend otherwise is anyone’s guess.

IIRC they also made two bids before anyone had even heard of Dale Evans and neither as you know were done through the telegraph or social media.

They were all leaked before they happened. There was a running commentary of when bids would be going in and how SISU wouldn't be able to refuse them. How Hoffman was meeting with Seppala etc.

What about his bid where he used Michael as a puppet and offered £51,987.35 - £50,000 as a financial incentive, £1,987 as a nod to the club’s FA Cup success and 35p to symbolise the number of miles from Coventry to Northampton?

By all means, hold onto the hope that he might one day waltz in and save the club. I'd love to be wrong and for it to happen, I really can't see it though.

I'm more cynical, I won't be let down all the time if I don't get my hopes up every time. Same as I expect us to lose most games so I'm not so annoyed if we lose and happier if we win.

Terry Gibson's perm

I don’t get why people are so down on Hoffman bidding as it’s only a consortium of people and we don’t know the others apart from the wealthy man Overson? who seems to be making sure the future of the club is safe (buying things for the academy).

I can’t imagine this group could be any worse than the current ownership although they should remove uncle Joe the old twat

My thought is we will be in Nuneaton from next year and if we are we should make sure that every game we play is on the same day as the owners of the Ricoh

Covstu

But they could call in the debt and fold the club maybe? Building a stadium was never on their agenda we all know that and name one club in league one that is spending to the extent that they are going to be challenging for the premier league? Even the makems had to cut their cloth accordingly and the club has invested quite extensively this year have they not?
We can hope we get brought out but unless that buyer can cover these extensive costs AND have the funds to build a premier league chasing team (as you put it) then this isn’t going to change soon

skybluetony176

They were all leaked before they happened. There was a running commentary of when bids would be going in and how SISU wouldn't be able to refuse them. How Hoffman was meeting with Seppala etc.

What about his bid where he used Michael as a puppet and offered £51,987.35 - £50,000 as a financial incentive, £1,987 as a nod to the club’s FA Cup success and 35p to symbolise the number of miles from Coventry to Northampton?

By all means, hold onto the hope that he might one day waltz in and save the club. I'd love to be wrong and for it to happen, I really can't see it though.

I'm more cynical, I won't be let down all the time if I don't get my hopes up every time. Same as I expect us to lose most games so I'm not so annoyed if we lose and happier if we win.

People only started talking about the Hoffman consortium bid after it had been rejected. Hoffman went on the phone in the same week to confirm it. There was no bids through the telegraph and social media like you’re trying to claim.

I’m not sure what the bids through Michael were all about but I don’t think it was ever meant to be taken as a serious offer, more a political statement. You could argue that it back fired and I wouldn’t necessarily disagree with you but they’re not really relevant to the bids made the last year.

I’m not holding onto hope that he’s going to waltz in and save us but at the same time I’m not going to dismiss the possibility that there’s no one interested in the club whether that be Hoffman or anyone for that matter. We won’t know until litigation stops in my opinion as there’s no chance of sisu before that point. I think that’s become abundantly clear if nothing else from the Hoffman bids because when you compare the bid to what other clubs in better positions than us have sold for their valuation wasn’t far off. Possibly to high in reality depending on how the add ins panned out.

Colin Steins Smile

There is a risk that our owners do nothing, as they don’t have an alternative strategy for the club. That leaves us living from hand to mouth on incomes generated, so years at the current level beckons.
Our current revenue streams make it extremely difficult to compete at a higher level.
There’s no current prospect of an oligarch with more money than sense buying a club with no assets.
However, if we did ever build a ground & with our fan base , we could attract buyers....but we need to develop some assets

skybluetony176

But they could call in the debt and fold the club maybe? Building a stadium was never on their agenda we all know that and name one club in league one that is spending to the extent that they are going to be challenging for the premier league? Even the makems had to cut their cloth accordingly and the club has invested quite extensively this year have they not?
We can hope we get brought out but unless that buyer can cover these extensive costs AND have the funds to build a premier league chasing team (as you put it) then this isn’t going to change soon
Aside from Ryton and players the club has no tangible assets. If they fold the club won’t they lose the golden share and all the players become free agents? If they fold the club I can’t see how that will benefit them. Best option I would think is to sell the club as a going concern and possibly split Ryton out from that and sell it for development.

Nick

Administrator
People only started talking about the Hoffman consortium bid after it had been rejected. Hoffman went on the phone in the same week to confirm it. There was no bids through the telegraph and social media like you’re trying to claim.

I’m not sure what the bids through Michael were all about but I don’t think it was ever meant to be taken as a serious offer, more a political statement. You could argue that it back fired and I wouldn’t necessarily disagree with you but they’re not really relevant to the bids made the last year.

I’m not holding onto hope that he’s going to waltz in and save us but at the same time I’m not going to dismiss the possibility that there’s no one interested in the club whether that be Hoffman or anyone for that matter. We won’t know until litigation stops in my opinion as there’s no chance of sisu before that point. I think that’s become abundantly clear if nothing else from the Hoffman bids because when you compare the bid to what other clubs in better positions than us have sold for their valuation wasn’t far off. Possibly to high in reality depending on how the add ins panned out.

It was all done through social media, there were people who were saying "the bid is going in this week" and things like that. It always people who's friends were friend's with Hoffman who seemed to know what was going to happen. Then there was that public meeting at the Ricoh.

Hoffman made another bid
Rumour: Hoffman and Elliot takeover negotiations

With Michael's bids, I think it backfired more for him.

Hoffman didn't speak publicly for a while about it, however his close mates were telling lots of people on social media. That was the 2 I could find first on my phone.

If I remember, there were pictures of him at the Ricoh having a meeting in public and everything went from there. The pictures were the 9th April which is when the rumours ramped up and started, in the Telegraph on the 21st he said the bid went in at the weekend before which still would have been a week after the rumours started.

It was exactly as said, done via media / social media.

chiefdave

I don't know who, if I did I wouldn't be asking. There's been Dale Evans, a compete fantasist, and Hoffman who makes silly offers via the Telegraph. Who has submitted an actual real credible bid?

sw88

Chief Commentator!
How many of you have gone out and bought a Ricoh product based solely on the fact we play home games in a stadium with that name?
Personally, I have never ever bought a Ricoh product. I'm not even sure what products they make.

Printers, cameras, and guessing other similar products. But no, I’ve never brought anything just in the basis they sponsor the / a stadium

Don’t envy anyone who would / has when it turns into the Jaguar Arena ;)

skybluetony176

It was all done through social media, there were people who were saying "the bid is going in this week" and things like that. It always people who's friends were friend's with Hoffman who seemed to know what was going to happen. Then there was that public meeting at the Ricoh.

Hoffman made another bid
Rumour: Hoffman and Elliot takeover negotiations

With Michael's bids, I think it backfired more for him.

Hoffman didn't speak publicly for a while about it, however his close mates were telling lots of people on social media. That was the 2 I could find first on my phone.

If I remember, there were pictures of him at the Ricoh having a meeting in public and everything went from there. The pictures were the 9th April which is when the rumours ramped up and started, in the Telegraph on the 21st he said the bid went in at the weekend before which still would have been a week after the rumours started.

It was exactly as said, done via media / social media.

You’re first link predates the bids last year by some time. They’re not even related in that sense.

So you think just because you heard about it through rumours in social media that means that the bid was made via social media? That seems to be what you’re saying.

Captain Dart

Maybe because he has ran out of ideas to try and belittle your argument?

Nick

Administrator
Maybe because he has ran out of ideas to try and belittle your argument?
Here he is.

I don't need ideas or second accounts, i just use facts. Try it sometime

Another twat just trying to push something with no interest in ccfc.

Last edited:

Nick

Administrator
You’re first link predates the bids last year by some time. They’re not even related in that sense.

So you think just because you heard about it through rumours in social media that means that the bid was made via social media? That seems to be what you’re saying.

No, the first link was another example of a different one. It's related because even years before it was being done by "his mates" telling people.

The second one was when it all started last year, it was before a bid even went in.

We heard about the bids before they happened via social media, mostly from people who say they know him. We heard how they are too good to reject etc etc.

You have also acknowledged he has made bids just as gestures that aren't serious to try and make a point.

Its exactly as I said, trying to do it all through the media / social media.

Captain Dart

Users who are viewing this thread