MILO (1 Viewer)

martcov

Doesn’t he admit that himself though? He is clearly an intelligent man, he hasn’t built his career on making extreme provocative statements in order to spark debate, which he does very very well. Whatever his past, and his beliefs, he is very intelligent, and I think we need people like him to push boundaries. I don’t agree with some of what he does, but I do agree with some of the other stuff.

Do we need people to push boundaries in this direction? We have Breitbart, Alex Jones, Watson and Trump.... look which way they are pushing them.. Milo is in this gang as well...

Sick Boy

So say it then.
"I unreservedly condemn the Islamic scriptures that call for the murder of gays, apostates, and Jews."

I'm not taking orders from a scumbag like you, I put you in the same bracket as those cowards spreading hatred from their keyboards in the name of religion

clint van damme

Many people, such as Dawkins and myself, consider it to be the number one issue facing the West. I have personally seen the religious police in Muslim countries harassing people for crimes like holding hands while unmarried, or celebrating the New Year which they consider to be haram.

I guarantee that if you and others on this thread had seen the same things that I have seen, you would also be more outspoken about it. It's very important and yet most Brits are too cowed to talk about it because of the threat of being labelled as a bigot or racist.

This your not allowed to talk about it is an absolute myth! It gets talked about constantly. If it wasn't for Trump and brexit it would probably get talked about a lot more.

martcov

I always find the so called 'right wing' very well read on Islam. Most seem to be very well educated on the qu'ran and in debates they tend to come out on top. Most of their opposition don't seem to know anything about Islam.

They know a series of cherry picked passages which fit their narrative. And nothing else about Islam. You could do the same with the Bible and show it to be a work of evil.

martcov

So say it then.
"I unreservedly condemn the Islamic scriptures that call for the murder of gays, apostates, and Jews."

When people like Hitchens, Dawkins, Lawrence Knaus etc take on Muslims, it is a pleasure to listen to them. But look at the crap like Trump, Bannon, Britain First, Milo, Katie Hopkins.... these are not intelligent people genuinely interested in Islam and pointing out why it is nonsense and has the potential to be abused by evil Muslims. These are rabble rousers and hate mongers who have their own agendas. I think all religion is BS, but I wouldn’t single out people to shout abuse at and blame for the evil in the world.

singers_pore

You could do the same with the Bible and show it to be a work of evil.

The bible is a work of evil given that it condemns gays and treats women as second class citizens. However...

One difference is that when people condemn the evil within the bible they are not generally accused of being racists or bigots.

Another difference is that these days very few Christians practice the evil passages of the bible because those passages are mostly in the Old Testament which has been abrogated by the New Testament. Of course the situation was different 300 years ago when Christianity was practiced like Islam is practiced today - namely a murderous and barbaric ideology that has a literal interpretation of the scriptures.

Interestingly, Scientology is trying the same tactic to forestall criticism, by saying that Leah Remini is a bigot because she has highlighted the undeniable facts about that terrible religion. They are saying she is a hate preacher as well.

ccfchoi87

They know a series of cherry picked passages which fit their narrative. And nothing else about Islam. You could do the same with the Bible and show it to be a work of evil.

And tbf you've just summed up the response of the left wing 'but the Bible....'. They don't know enough about Islam to challenge it

clint van damme

But, as discussed earlier in the thread, Dawkins was barred from talking about it at UC Berkeley. So not a myth after all ...

but that one incident doesn't prove that you can't talk about it, that's ridiculous.
I am a big fan of Christopher Hitchen. Youtube is full of videos of him slating Islam, (and other religions) on TV shows and forums all over the world.

Dawkins is his wingman in several of them.

You seem to make a habit of taking one incident and using it to make sweeping generalisations.
I've lived next to Muslim families all my life and never had any problems with them apart from one guy who I've known since we were young and never seen eye to eye with - does that prove there is no problem with radicalisation in Islam, of course not.
In the same way that those carrying out atrocities don't prove that all Muslims are terrorists.

Grendel

but that one incident doesn't prove that you can't talk about it, that's ridiculous.
I am a big fan of Christopher Hitchen. Youtube is full of videos of him slating Islam, (and other religions) on TV shows and forums all over the world.

Dawkins is his wingman in several of them.

You seem to make a habit of taking one incident and using it to make sweeping generalisations.
I've lived next to Muslim families all my life and never had any problems with them apart from one guy who I've known since we were young and never seen eye to eye with - does that prove there is no problem with radicalisation in Islam, of course not.
In the same way that those carrying out atrocities don't prove that all Muslims are terrorists.

You’ve picked the wrong Hitchen

clint van damme

You’ve picked the wrong Hitchen

we've already done this! But the point stands, saying you can't criticise Islam is nonsense, Hitchen (Christopher! Perhaps Peter as well), Dawkins, Sam Harris, Douglas Murray etc are or have been massive critics of Islam.
To say it's above it is nonsense.

singers_pore

No one is saying all Muslims are terrorists.

My neighbor in Singapore was a Muslim woman who was married to an Irish man. She refused to go back to Malaysia to visit family because she would be arrested by the religious police for the crime of marrying a non-Muslim. They could tell she is Muslim and therefore broken the religious law because her name in her passport showed she is Muslim. That's Malaysia which has a reputation of being the most moderate Muslim country in the world.

The problem again is not individual Muslims. It's the entire institutions surrounding Islam.

singers_pore

we've already done this! But the point stands, saying you can't criticise Islam is nonsense, Hitchen (Christopher! Perhaps Peter as well), Dawkins, Sam Harris, Douglas Murray etc are or have been massive critics of Islam.
To say it's above it is nonsense.

Yes, you can criticize Islam (as shown by this thread) but you can expect to be called a racist and bigot for doing so. Hitchens, Dawkins, Sam Harris, Douglas Murray have all been labeled bigots.

clint van damme

No one is saying all Muslims are terrorists.

My neighbor in Singapore was a Muslim woman who was married to an Irish man. She refused to go back to Malaysia to visit family because she would be arrested by the religious police for the crime of marrying a non-Muslim. They could tell she is Muslim and therefore broken the religious law because her name in her passport showed she is Muslim. That's Malaysia which has a reputation of being the most moderate Muslim country in the world.

The problem again is not individual Muslims. It's the entire institutions surrounding Islam.

"It's the entire institutions surrounding Islam."

i wouldn't say the entire institutions but I would agree with that to a quite large extent, especially in certain regimes.
Problem is we cosy up to and sell billions of pounds of arms to one of the worst.

Sick Boy

The likes of Milo and his neo nazi fans doing their salutes are most certainly bigots. The fact that someone like him is even in the public domain is the ultimate dumbing down of culture.

clint van damme

Yes, you can criticize Islam (as shown by this thread) but you can expect to be called a racist and bigot for doing so. Hitchens, Dawkins, Sam Harris, Douglas Murray have all been labeled bigots.

Maybe, but I think the people doing the labelling would be different to the people labelling Britain first as bigots.
I disagree with some of what those mentioned above say and agree with them on other issues but I wouldn't accuse any of them of bigotry.

And the problem with doing so is it lessens the charge when aimed at cretins like Britain first who clearly are bigots.

Grendel

I just remember Toronto when he went down.

martcov

And tbf you've just summed up the response of the left wing 'but the Bible....'. They don't know enough about Islam to challenge it

It is not ‚but the Bible‘, it is a tactic you could use on any religion. The Bible is an example of where you could cherry pick.

skybluegod

Do we need people to push boundaries in this direction? We have Breitbart, Alex Jones, Watson and Trump.... look which way they are pushing them.. Milo is in this gang as well...

Yes we do? I think people are forced to conform to what society deems to be correct...
Or do you not agree with freedom of speech?

ajsccfc

Freedom of speech is too often conflated with licence to lie with people like this. They're the best thing that could ever happen to left wingers as the shouty conspiracy theorists like that Prisonplanet guy and people shown to be engineering attacks like Milo drown out the swathes of people who have salient points to make.

(The best thing to ever happen to right wingers is Alberto Moreno, weeeeeeey)

Captain Dart

clint van damme

Unfortunately there seems to be a lot of pressure to suppress openness when it is critical of Islam, why, after all there is a lot to criticise as there is of Christianity.

Suppression of 'certain arguments' is here now, it sort of happened over the last 5 years. Yet we see this is accepted?
Corbyn faces backlash over speech at 'hardline Muslim' event

I still think there was something very strange about this. MEND had been at both party conferences and there were tory MPs and representatives from the London Authorities including the MET who were due to attend but all pulled out on the day.
Personally, from what I've read about them, I don't think they come across as a very savoury bunch and have clashed with the Quilliam Foundation on more than one occasion.
And I'm not sure how it was deemed acceptable, even your link says Corbyn faces backlash.

skybluegod

The sad thing is that the Islamic extremists will actually be happy about the sort of crap these lot come out with as it causes more division.

There's a reason why they were happy about Trump getting into office.

So we shouldn’t do anything that Islamist extremists are happy about? Just because bad people are happy about it doesn’t mean it is itself wrong...
Everytime we increase security and put the armed forces on the streets they are happy because they succeeded in their goals of creating terror.

Sick Boy

So we shouldn’t do anything that Islamist extremists are happy about? Just because bad people are happy about it doesn’t mean it is itself wrong...
Everytime we increase security and put the armed forces on the streets they are happy because they succeeded in their goals of creating terror.

How is creating division between ordinary people going about their lives not wrong?

Putting armed forces on the street and increasing security isn't one their goals. Their goal would be people being too scared to go about their daily lives. Ordnary people carrying on as usual alongside each other is not one of their aims.

mrtrench

Never heard of this guy before. He's picking an easy target: Islam, like Christianity, has some horrific passages in their respective holy books (even Paul, in his post-ascention epistles writes some awful tosh). If people were to follow them all they'd pretty quickly end up not only being a terrible person but also breaking the law in many countries. I cannot defend religion, as a concept or in the way the religion has been documented.

However his conclusion (all people following Islam should be sent to the Middle East) is horrible, unfair and discriminatory. Just like Christianity, most Muslims don't follow what is written to the letter - because they are intelligent and pleasant people who realise that it's not right. By making conclusions such as these he becomes part of the problem.

skybluegod

How is creating division between ordinary people going about their lives not wrong?

Putting armed forces on the street and increasing security isn't one their goals. Their goal would be people being too scared to go about their daily lives. Ordnary people carrying on as usual alongside each other is not one of their aims.

So you think everyone should have the same opinion and not say otherwise?

So putting armed forces on the streets isn’t an affect on people’s lives? Their goal is to increase terror, the reason the forces are out are to give public peace of mind, and to help prevent further attacks, because we are afraid more might happen- hence terrorism

Sky Blue Kid

No!! Their aim is to kill as many innocent men, women, and children as they can! They don't give a fuck who they kill, as long as they KILL! Forgotten Paris, Manchester, Egypt quickly didn't you. It's called Jihad.. or didn't you know?

martcov

No!! Their aim is to kill as many innocent men, women, and children as they can! They don't give a fuck who they kill, as long as they KILL! Forgotten Paris, Manchester, Egypt quickly didn't you. It's called Jihad.. or didn't you know?

No. You just liked the previous post which explains why they are killing people. It is called terrorism and not e.g. „ a mass shooting „ for a reason.

Users who are viewing this thread