My concern with Robins (1 Viewer)

Mill88

Nothing's going our way at the minute. We need to be picking up results quickly. I wonder how Doug King is feeling at the moment with all the 'premier league season tickets' sold.

Brings back memories of 'Operation Premiership'....

JulianDarbyFTW

I think the opposite. I'm quite confident he knows what needs to be done.

I think the difference is that I am willing to be patient. I'm not putting down anyone who isn't but I am just quite calm about the whole situation and obviously that's a good thing for me in terms of stress and panic etc

Imo this is year 1 of a rebuild that might take years. The version of kithcing or Simms or wright or MVE we see right now isn't the version we will see long term imo. Next summer we don't need to completely change everything. The players will mostly stay and know our tactics and what robins wants inside out over next 2-3 seasons.

We will have a chance at promotion if we stick with robins and his current plan. He recruited for long term. So Nov 1st ain't time to say recruitment team should be sacked etc

Keep the faith. Hopefully Doug will too.

PUSB
Late to the party on this thread, but this is a great post. We sometimes lose sight of the bigger picture.

SkyBlue_Bear83

Eccles is average, saying he's top of progressive passes and this and that is a red herring.

Simms and Wright will be at the top of the shooting charts for us but have still been poor this season.

Just cause that's the role he's been given in this team, to try and play progressive passes and create stuff doesn't mean he's been good at it.

Would love him as a squad player, you'd be very pleased if when Sheaf got injured earlier in the season Eccles was the player to come in to replace him but as a starting player he's not for me.

stupot07

Eccles is average, saying he's top of progressive passes and this and that is a red herring.

Simms and Wright will be at the top of the shooting charts for us but have still been poor this season.

Just cause that's the role he's been given in this team, to try and play progressive passes and create stuff doesn't mean he's been good at it.

Would love him as a squad player, you'd be very pleased if when Sheaf got injured earlier in the season Eccles was the player to come in to replace him but as a starting player he's not for me.
As poor as his corners have been recently, just taking corners mean his key passes and xA will be higher than anyone who doesn't take set pieces.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

PVA

So the fact he's top of progressive passes means he hasn't been good at progressive passes?

Thinking Math GIF

PVA

Don’t know how you can’t understand the point being made tbh

He said that Eccles having a high number is progressive passes is a red herring because that's what he's in the team to do. So doing exactly what he's in the team for should be ignored because...reasons.

Anyway, Eccles was excellent today and helped change the game. Allen is not a CM, Eccles clearly far superior in that role.

Brighton Sky Blue

He said that Eccles having a high number is progressive passes is a red herring because that's what he's in the team to do. So doing exactly what he's in the team for should be ignored because...reasons.

Anyway, Eccles was excellent today and helped change the game. Allen is not a CM, Eccles clearly far superior in that role.
Allen being wasted in that position was yet more punishment for the failure to recruit in midfield.

DrPoolittle

I take a lot of pride in the statistic which shows that Robins is one of the longest-serving managers in the country. I think it gives the club stability and a certain amount of legacy understanding and planning.

but I share the concern that Robins can’t plot his way out of this. We have spent way too much money, too quickly and shelled out massive wages on players who aren’t performing.

Even if we win the next game, it doesn’t mean that a corner has been turned.

Given the evidence, there has to be belief that recruitment has been poor and that a further spend in January will be risky. Conversely, the club has to bolster the midfield, in particular.

That conundrum is going to the issue facing King

False9

Can't wait to get promoted to the XG Premier League.

So much panic, I think it will turn around.

We are sixth in the xg table 10 points better off, that at least shows we are creating enough chances. Once they start being taken we will be fine.

If we actually take the lead and teams come onto us we will create even more chances.
I got mocked by the usual posters for this but it's turned out to be fairly accurate...

fernandopartridge

@fernandopartridge hammered me the other day for a slightly tongue in cheek post about his new saying being 'give it time' and he's basically on repeat again.

It literally is the new 'this is what we are up against' and 'we cannot compete with the wage budgets' that he's said for the past 5 years.

He's not necessarily wrong with either statements.

fernando was in fact correct

lacesoutdom

When we were bouncing around the ricoh and sixfields i remember saying to my dad, id love to be one of those teams that has a long term manager, able to set long term goals and given the time to complete them. I do not take for granted what we have with Robins, and i hope hes here for many more years to come.

Greggs

We should make him a fucking huge flag, big enough to fill a sports hall, with his face on it wearing a crown.

Grendel

Decent deflection that.

Not really - there is one consistency - I’ll be renewing my season ticket next season
and poor old PVA still can’t afford one. As for Tony well…

Users who are viewing this thread