Norwich (1 Viewer)

rexo87

Getting this one in early. Smith gone. Always thought this was the job that would most likely be a good match for Robins and may tempt him away

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

WestEndAgro

peeing ralph wiggum GIF

Sky Blue Heaven

Who could blame him IF Norwich come knocking? They’re run on a stable footing, finances are in order, have over 21k season ticket holders and have a quality squad. Hoping they go for someone like Dyche but MR is a legend both here and in Norfolk.

long way home

Scottie Parker is the obvious name and being unattached helps the hiring clubs in the process. But MR will be very tempting to them and i would not be shocked if they seek to know what compo and the details of the current contract. Out of all other clubs mentioned previously this is the one club im the most wary of. And with off field issues still rumbling on it just adds to the uncertainty of it all.

Lets see...

Alkhen

They would be mad not to consider Robins, he has worked miracles here on a shoestring. Norwich are the next level but do run a tight ship. He would be perfect.

Don't think they will though. It'll be a 'name'... Which suits us just fine

Reactions: PVA

fernandopartridge

I don't see why Norwich is a particularly attractive prospect (I'm not comparing it to Coventry here). Big expectations but not sure the standard of their squad compared to the rest is as superior as it was last time they went up. If he goes there and they don't get promoted I doubt he'd last much longer than another season unless promotion looked nailed on.

It's not as if they are particularly patient with managers, sacked a twice league winner in Farke and now sack Smith less than 18 months later.

I think Farke and now Smith paid for the over achievements of the former.

Terry_dactyl

I don't see why Norwich is a particularly attractive prospect (I'm not comparing it to Coventry here). Big expectations but not sure the standard of their squad compared to the rest is as superior as it was last time they went up. If he goes there and they don't get promoted I doubt he'd last much longer than another season unless promotion looked nailed on.

It's not as if they are particularly patient with managers, sacked a twice league winner in Farke and now sack Smith less than 18 months later.

I think Farke and now Smith paid for the over achievements of the former.
Maybe it might just come down to being paid more and being able to sign players?

The list of possible managers is quite reassuring though. I’d imagine they’d want someone who has achieved promotion from the championship.

Sick Boy

Maybe it might just come down to being paid more and being able to sign players?

The list of possible managers is quite reassuring though. I’d imagine they’d want someone who has achieved promotion from the championship.
And some experience of managing in the top-flight.

Cata

Who could blame him IF Norwich come knocking? They’re run on a stable footing, finances are in order, have over 21k season ticket holders and have a quality squad. Hoping they go for someone like Dyche but MR is a legend both here and in Norfolk.
canteen should be top notch too. Better to stay with us! Both MR and AV are big enough. PUSB

Sky Blue Pete

They would be mad not to consider Robins, he has worked miracles here on a shoestring. Norwich are the next level but do run a tight ship. He would be perfect.

Don't think they will though. It'll be a 'name'... Which suits us just fine
Such a non Norwich appointment

Terry_dactyl

And some experience of managing in the top-flight.
Yeah. Although personally I think the need to have been promoted to/experienced managing in the prem are kinda daft criteria.
Take Parker for example, Bournemouth were pretty shit under him in both, considering the resources at his disposal.

Happy_Martian

I'm surprised noone has mentioned the timing of Smith's sacking. Normally, chairmen allow the Manager to have one last dip in the January transfer market to see if that improves matters. And when it doesn't, the incoming new manager only has the players he was left with to work a miracle.

At least Norwich have given any new manager a transfer window to work with.

If this had come up a few weeks later, I think the takeover would have been resolved by then. And if it was a "no" to King, Robins would have been off. While the chance of funds is still there, I think Robins will stay. Players are performing well, they seem to have a good spirit considering the problems the club have had. Robins has a contract with us so there's nothing to move for, as it stands.

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

Yeah. Although personally I think the need to have been promoted to/experienced managing in the prem are kinda daft criteria.
Take Parker for example, Bournemouth were pretty shit under him in both, considering the resources at his disposal.
But this is the mental gymnastics you’re going through to make this link stick. Teams in Norwich position rarely go for anything different.

the manager merry go round is a thing because teams always go for the tried and tested method.

Terry_dactyl

But this is the mental gymnastics you’re going through to make this link stick. Teams in Norwich position rarely go for anything different.

the manager merry go round is a thing because teams always go for the tried and tested method.
Yeah, seems like it might be a ‘risk’ for them.

Users who are viewing this thread