Ohare contract (4 Viewers)

skybluecam

Surely any contact offer to O'Hare would have been higher before he got injured for 10 months? Or do you think the club thought about offering a deal a month after a potentially career ending injury. Fucking Dork.
...what?

I'm saying if we offered him a contract in the summer it was likely to be relatively low wages to reflect the risk attached to his injury. So it makes sense for him to wait to prove his fitness before entering talks.

Greggs

...what?

I'm saying if we offered him a contract in the summer it was likely to be relatively low wages to reflect the risk attached to his injury. So it makes sense for him to wait to prove his fitness before entering talks.
Why would we offer a contract to a player half way through rehabilitation from a potentially career ending injury?

Deity

That is literally what is said yep.
Everyone has to have a conspiracy theory though.
Christ are you new to football ?

players who plan to stay say so, players that don’t deflect the question.

Ohare could easily have said “ I’d love to stay if we can agree the right contract “ or “ I’ve told my agent I’d like to stay and it’s with him and the club now but I’m fully focused on getting fit”

He didn’t and it sounded scripted to me.

Frostie

Ohare could easily have said “ I’d love to stay if we can agree the right contract “ or “ I’ve told my agent I’d like to stay and it’s with him and the club now but I’m fully focused on getting fit”

Not always. Liam Kelly for one example was totally non committal when interviewed before signing his contract.

The lad has just been out injured for a year, a lot has happened in that time. We know he was on his way to Burnley if not for injury but now they have signed other players & are in the Premier League. Is he still a target? Anyone else prepared to gamble? Who knows.

He would be stupid not to keep his options open. The point is it's all 2+2=5 at this stage.

SkyBlue_Bear83

Reads to me basically if he hits the ground running and there's lots of interest he will be off.

If he struggles for form and fitness he will sign a new contract.

Let's be honest he must still be gutted about the Burnley move falling down as seems like it was a goer until injury.

Gint11

This. What he said was true to a certain extent but he has 100% deflected. He could say “I want to stay but it’s up to the club” but he hasn’t. Maybe that’s him and he’ll sign but I doubt it. He knows he’s a star player like Vik and Gus were. They’ve moved on, maybe he feels the same.

lacesoutdom

i think we have to settle on the fact that we get good players, develop, and they leave, some for profit, and sometimes on a free. who was the last great player actually got a second contract out of?

RegTheDonk

Once Dabo was let go and Gus left I had a gut feeling he'll be next, once he's fit. Only because they looked to be good mates. Perhaps I'm making more of that than it actually is, doubtless he gets on with most people, but I think this may be a factor unless DK breaks the bank.

Greggs

Not necessarily. If Burnley get relegated and Kompany moves on (pushed or jumps) then the situation changes.
He never wanted the Burnley move, that was Sisu's one last push for revenue. I'm mates with one of Tom Grengogs fluffers.

sotvtoday

Why would we offer a contract to a player half way through rehabilitation from a potentially career ending injury?
Because a short term contract extension gives the injured player one less thing to worry about during his rehabilitation and makes him grateful to the club rather than thinking that his employers are a load of bastards.
In the grand scheme of things it wouldn't have cost a lot would it?

Greggs

Which is why I said we'd offer him a relatively low wage...?

You are fucking dense
Hahahahaha you clueless c**t. You couldn't run a bath let alone a multi million pound company. Daft spunkstain.

Greggs

Because a short term contract extension gives the injured player one less thing to worry about during his rehabilitation and makes him grateful to the club rather than thinking that his employers are a load of bastards.
In the grand scheme of things it wouldn't have cost a lot would it?
Footballers are loyal? That's a headline.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

The injury has probably moved his mindset to more thinking about accepting a higher wage as he may well have that thought of 'this could all be over soon if it happens again'.

Which means we're not in a great position. If he comes back and is great, he'll get interest and likely a better offer elsewhere. So if we want to keep him he's probably going to have to be bang average.

fatso

He's moving on, and tbf I can't blame him.
He's seen the level of talent we've brought in, and can see we are going backwards.

He's approaching his prime, and if a Premier league club comes in he'll be off. And I can't say I blame him, having had an ACL injury, he needs to make as much money as possible ASAP.

AOM

Didn’t read much into his recent interview but think he'll inevitably go to another Championship club who's pushing for promotion.
Would love him to stay, but don't blame him really, and it's not like it's the same from the clubs POV.
If the player isn't deemed good enough, and isn't fit, they'd be let go I.e. Dabo

Skybluedownunder

If you think about it though, O’Hare was as good as done to Burnley till he got injured, he was going to apparently triple his wages. If we estimate that he was on £15k a week he was going to be on £45k a week which is what was rumoured at the time.
Currently, we are having a disastrous season, a lot of the playing staff have changed and we ‘could’ find ourselves in a relegation battle. Do you blame him wanting to wait it out, see how he goes this season and decide then.
It will depend on where we finish, how we play, if it suits his style, how he plays, how many clubs come in for him depending on how he plays and what they are offering him.
We can’t expect him to sign the first offer that’s infront of him when in reality he’s already missed a chance of tripling his wage and playing in the prem which I’m sure he will be kicking himself about.
I don’t blame him one bit and to be honest, I think he will go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

robbiekeane

Only these miserable fuckers can take an article like that a say it’s him basically saying he’s off. As if there’s a lack of things to whinge about

Users who are viewing this thread