Ohare contract (1 Viewer)

SkyblueTexan

But he says he loves it here?!?
I think Hamer did too and comes back to watch our games, but that doesn’t mean they’re going to sign a new contract.

SkyblueTexan

He's moving on, and tbf I can't blame him.
He's seen the level of talent we've brought in, and can see we are going backwards.

He's approaching his prime, and if a Premier league club comes in he'll be off. And I can't say I blame him, having had an ACL injury, he needs to make as much money as possible ASAP.
Exactly this. If we (instead of Luton) had made it to the Prem, then I think Gyo and Hamer would have re-signed with us and COH would have followed suit even if we were in the bottom 3. But fast forward a season later and he sees a totally different club than the one he was in prior to his injury- no Gyo, no Hamer, having released a bunch of players and signed several new ones but yet flirting with relegation to League 1. It’s not like he sees the club going places which would make his decision easier. He wants to get as fit as he can (back to his former self or better) and place himself in the shop window so that he can go play at a higher level for better wages. That’s the way I see it and can’t blame him.

Last edited:

ajsccfc

Christ are you new to football ?

players who plan to stay say so, players that don’t deflect the question.

Ohare could easily have said “ I’d love to stay if we can agree the right contract “ or “ I’ve told my agent I’d like to stay and it’s with him and the club now but I’m fully focused on getting fit”

He didn’t and it sounded scripted to me.
It's an interview on the club site so would be as close to empty script as possible and not something that could later fly back in their face. They're always going to be stock answers like looking forward to playing again, fans were class we go again, blah blah. Whether he ends up staying or going there's absolutely nothing to be gleaned from this article

Brighton Sky Blue

We do now appear to be just one of the many championship clubs that have paid very good money to just be very very average. I was so excited for this season, its a real shame.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
See Stoke every season, Bristol City a few years ago, Derby etc. We did best signing players with promise and something to prove but who weren’t the finished article and so could sign them for quite low 7 figure fees. Seem to have thrown that out of the window and spent money this club hasn’t spent since the top flight to sign players who just aren’t value for money. Their fees and wages will help them feel like they’ve already ‘made it’.

We could have used that money to build another special group that could grow over 3-4 years with plenty of change left over. As it is we have spunked two thirds of the income to do the opposite. Changed a formula that works for one that has not worked for many in this league.

Greggs

[/QUOTE]
See Stoke every season, Bristol City a few years ago, Derby etc. We did best signing players with promise and something to prove but who weren’t the finished article and so could sign them for quite low 7 figure fees. Seem to have thrown that out of the window and spent money this club hasn’t spent since the top flight to sign players who just aren’t value for money. Their fees and wages will help them feel like they’ve already ‘made it’.

We could have used that money to build another special group that could grow over 3-4 years with plenty of change left over. As it is we have spunked two thirds of the income to do the opposite. Changed a formula that works for one that has not worked for many in this league.
@skybluecam thinks its brilliant that we spent all the money really fast.

Brighton Sky Blue

@skybluecam thinks its brilliant that we spent all the money really fast.
[/QUOTE]
Thankfully we still have the Gus money unspent and Gyo is tearing it up in Portugal so should move for good money next summer.

Hopefully we learn big lessons from the summer and go back to what served us so well before and what made the club special to support as opposed to being a copy paste generic.

Greggs

Might aswell start playing the little c**t everyweek asap, who fucking cares if he gets injured again?!

shmmeee

Might aswell start playing the little c**t everyweek asap, who fucking cares if he gets injured again?!

Nah. Stick him on permanent community duty until someone takes him off our hands. Not like we’re short of AMs

Grendel

ceetee

I agree with your thinking but I guarantee that if the club had taken that approach a lot on here would be complaining and we would have heard...

lacking ambition,
should have bought better proven players,
where has the rest of the money gone?
still shopping at Aldi when we can afford Waitrose
blah blah blah

Greggs

I agree with your thinking but I guarantee that if the club had taken that approach a lot on here would be complaining and we would have heard...

lacking ambition,
blah blah blah
I saw Tavares in Aldi yesterday.

Brighton Sky Blue

No one knows how much we spent on them
You can get a pretty good estimate from cobbled together press releases and leaks.

lacking ambition,
blah blah blah
We’d have heard others then reminding us of what we’ve been doing since we entered this division. Most of us weren’t expecting all the Gyo fee to be reinvested anyway.

Grendel

You can get a pretty good estimate from cobbled together press releases and leaks.

You can’t really as a lot are add ons. Simms we seem to know and we won’t have spent £4m on kitching - Thomas probably a million upfront

NorthernWisdom

No one knows how much we spent on them
It's irrelevant to the point we're following the same model anyway. How many established Championship players did we sign? Latibeudiere and DaSilva are it, aren't they? It's not like we went for established journeymen at this level, is it? We went for players with the potential to improve, without much experience between them.

Brighton Sky Blue

It's irrelevant to the point we're following the same model anyway. How many established Championship players did we sign? Latibeudiere and DaSilva are it, aren't they? It's not like we went for established journeymen at this level, is it? We went for players with the potential to improve, without much experience between them.
Wright is 25 and has cost an eye watering sum.

Grendel

The ones mentioned clearly can if they succeed be sold at a profit yes

Grendel

Even taking a modest assumption of the base fee for Kitching it’s still as much as the base paid for Hamer and Gyo combined.

Which is irrelevant - if simms for example does score a goal every other game ultimately he will be worth a lot of money. MVE potentially as well.

Users who are viewing this thread