O'Hare (1 Viewer)

Sbarcher

What's the point, you're not going to solve anyone's rodent infestation with one of those fellas.
These are the boys you need.

SkyBlueSoul

I have seen it widely reported that he landed badly, but what I saw was the ball dropping and Callum put out his foot to cushion the ball's flight, but his leg seemed to give way as the ball touched his boot. Never seen an injury happen like that before.
I thought the same when I saw it. I got the clip below, looks like it was the last step he takes with his right foot that jars it just before he tries to control it. The definition of innocuous

ezgif.com-gif-maker (3).gif

no_loyalty

Fingers crossed it’s a knee injury as per Reece James and James Maddison, and not his ACL.

pusbccfc

Greggs

Good work! How did you go about taming them?

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk
Playing a recorder whilst wearing a massive food suit made of panatoni and other Italian breads. Now they associate me with delectable breads, I'm hoping that my perdinslitly and keen love of wild flying creatures will help us truly bond. I missed you whilst you were away. My missus hates talking about animals I try to make friends with.

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

Reece James injured yesterday and an update from Chelsea was provided with a prognosis today. Really suggests our club cares little for it’s fans

Can't afford to go private, using NHS.

Happy_Martian

I thought the same when I saw it. I got the clip below, looks like it was the last step he takes with his right foot that jars it just before he tries to control it. The definition of innocuous

View attachment 27911

Very strange injury. Looking at the motion after cushioning the ball, it's almost as if his knee locks up. At normal speed, after cushioning the ball, he would have been into the action of moving his right leg to land, which you see other players attempt to do before their leg gives way and they collapse to the floor. With CoH, he collapses as he can't move his right leg forward as he lands.

Going to retract my initial diagnosis of hyperextension of the knee. Instead, it's possibly a torn meniscus, something I've had myself. :geek:

PVA

Very strange injury. Looking at the motion after cushioning the ball, it's almost as if his knee locks up. At normal speed, after cushioning the ball, he would have been into the action of moving his right leg to land, which you see other players attempt to do before their leg gives way and they collapse to the floor. With CoH, he collapses as he can't move his right leg forward as he lands.

Is it not the case that rather than it locking up he feels something go in it so instinctively knows he can't put any weight on it?

itsabuzzard

That's fuck all. I've got a hamster that attacks the postman via a loop a loop I made from scalextric
Your house must be very interesting, though maybe not quite so much that I'd take a look. How do you think the owl will take to the crow?

Greggs

Your house must be very interesting, though maybe not quite so much that I'd take a look. How do you think the owl will take to the crow?

The owl is 'apparently' enjoying his new life in the south of France, whilst my exchange chicken is locked in the shed. Ridiculous question anyway, which sane man doesn't need a trained crow?

SkyBlueSoul

Looks like an ACL in that gif to my untrained eye.

Hopefully not 🙁
Watching that clip I feel like I need Gary Neville/Alan Shearer/Jamie Redknapp - possibly with an interactive screen - saying "And if you pause it....HERE *circles knee* you see that angle? That's bad. And if you roll it on a few frames....THERE... if you look closely you can see his sphincter tighten with the pain. So I reckon it's an ACL, could be talking 12 months. So unlucky for the lad"

Greggs

You really got taken in by that Frenchman offering you his massive coq
Typical, nobody seems concerned about my owl, it's all about the fucking cock that sqwarks like a lunatic every morning at 5am. If I had a bin bag strong enough to contain him I'd be happy, but I dont. I don't know how I'll explain this to Mr and Mrs Beauséjour. But thanks for the support.

Edit:
This is one of my best ever posts. What the fuck am I playing at. Time to reflect.

itsabuzzard

Typical, nobody seems concerned about my owl, it's all about the fucking cock that sqwarks like a lunatic every morning at 5am. If I had a bin bag strong enough to contain him I'd be happy, but I dont. I don't know how I'll explain this to Mr and Mrs Beauséjour. But thanks for the support.

Edit:
This is one of my best ever posts. What the fuck am I playing at. Time to reflect.
Why have you got a cock in your shed?
I'm more interested in your crow project. Are you going to train it to retrieve shot vermin? Would save on shovelling dog shit off your lawn.

itsabuzzard

P. S. What's your owl doing in France? Spending the winter in sunnier climes?

Greggs

Why have you got a cock in your shed?
I'm more interested in your crow project. Are you going to train it to retrieve shot vermin? Would save on shovelling dog shit off your lawn.

Have you seen the video of a seagull nicking crisps from Tesco? Crows are far more intelligent, so the rewards of keeping a well trained one are practically endless.
Regarding the owl, I was shagging french bird that didnt like owls, so she made me trade him in. Bad, bad mistake. Going through a custody battle, but because of Brexit it's rather difficult :(

SkyBlueSam01

Going to retract my initial diagnosis of hyperextension of the knee. Instead, it's possibly a torn meniscus, something I've had myself. :geek:

Can't rule out a meniscus tbf! Just doesn't fit with reports of his knee being ballooned up a couple of hrs later... Mechanism looks textbook ACL unfortunately but fingers crossed its something lesser!

PVA

I can just see it now. 90th minute Cardiff winner followed by Robins confirming in his post match interview that O'Hare is out for 12 months.

Happy New year!

Happy_Martian

Can't rule out a meniscus tbf! Just doesn't fit with reports of his knee being ballooned up a couple of hrs later... Mechanism looks textbook ACL unfortunately but fingers crossed its something lesser!

Fair comments. The only reason I dismissed damage to the ACL was due to the fact that he attempted to cushion the ball with that leg. If the ACL had given way on his last right step, I doubt he would have committed to collecting the ball and would have gone down immediately. He is also seen holding the back of his knee as he falls to the ground (damaged meniscus) but it's unclear whether his other hand is holding the top of his shin, which is where the ACL is attached to the bone.

I'm not a doctor so I can only hope the prognosis is good for Callum and he has a speedy recovery.

Users who are viewing this thread