Qatar World Cup 2022 (6 Viewers)

Tommo1993

If by English you mean City fans I agree, best in the land mate.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

The English would celebrate how Swansea did for their third, for example. As opposed to how we see Man City with their expected celebration when they’ve paid billions for it. I’m starting to confuse myself now, forget it. 😂

TomRad85

The English would celebrate how Swansea did for their third, for example. As opposed to how we see Man City with their expected celebration when they’ve paid billions for it. I’m starting to confuse myself now, forget it. 😂
Swansea of course being Welsh just to top it off. Of all the examples 😆

TomRad85

Bit disappointed in Martinez. Know you’re buzzing but throughout the cup he’s come across as a bit of an arrogant, indiscreet gob shite.
He's a Argie so almost certainly an arsehole. Did what he needed to though and probably deserves a couple of years at a proper big club now.

Sky Blue Harry H

Bit disappointed in Martinez. Know you’re buzzing but throughout the cup he’s come across as a bit of an arrogant, indiscreet gob shite.
Might be the Arsenal connection, but his face kept morphing into Martin Keown in my head !

1671390684831.png 1671390736542.png

TomRad85

Yeah try and forget the Welshness of it all for a sec
OK yep done that, I get you and I agree some of the crowds here match anything in Europe although ironically rarely the crowds at the top end plastic Prem sides.

oscillatewildly

And the same to you Sir! P.s-see you Wednesday?
Last shift - On nights. Tried to get a couple of hours off but too many out.
Might be a shortage of parts so might be a non production week so hope yet.
Had a nice chat with your boy y'day. He's a smashing chap.

Adge

Last shift - On nights. Tried to get a couple of hours off but too many out.
Might be a shortage of parts so might be a non production week so hope yet.
Had a nice chat with your boy y'day. He's a smashing chap.
Ahem……just like his dad! 🤞

skyblue1991

Politics aside I have enjoyed this World Cup and the last 50 mins of the final was incredible!

Not sure about another winter world cup though...

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

SBT

So what’s the argument against Messi being the greatest of all time at this point? His career to date:

One World Cup
One Copa America
Ten La Ligas
Four Champions Leagues
One Olympic Gold

474 La Liga goals (all-time record)
98 goals for Argentina (all-time record)
Six European Golden Boots (all-time record)
Seven Ballon d’Ors (all-time record)
Two World Cup Golden Balls (all-time record)

TomRad85

So what’s the argument against Messi being the greatest of all time at this point? His career to date:

One World Cup
One Copa America
Ten La Ligas
Four Champions Leagues
One Olympic Gold

Feel like that's a gentle fish for an argument but there's not much argument really other than it can be hard to compare eras, he's comfortably the best of his generation.
I'm still in awe watching Maradona even though I'm not old enough to have seen him live, but I'm sure Messi will now be included in that convo. Cristiano never has been for me personally, as undeniably good as he is.

Terry Gibson's perm

One World Cup
One Copa America
Ten La Ligas
Four Champions Leagues
One Olympic Gold

Still Maradona for me as the greatest of time.

Maradona would have been even better in this no tackling time would Messi have survived the 80’s very unlikely.

Best of his time yes best of all time no.

JAM See

One World Cup
One Copa America
Ten La Ligas
Four Champions Leagues
One Olympic Gold

Never done it on a wet Wednesday at Stoke though has he?

OffenhamSkyBlue

Still Maradona for me as the greatest of time.

Maradona would have been even better in this no tackling time would Messi have survived the 80’s very unlikely.

Best of his time yes best of all time no.
Good synopsis TGP. But i would put Maradona into that category too. And probably everyone who has ever played, as it is so difficult to compare across eras, playing styles and law changes.
I would definitely consider Pele and George Best as being all-time greats.

I haven't taken a great deal of interest in following Messi's career, so i spent a lot of these recent matches just focussing on him, and the skill he has is just knowing where he needs to put himself to have greatest impact. He moves very little, but his team-mates know where to find him. He actually ran about a lot (for him) in yesterday's match.

SBT

To be honest, while Maradona was clearly the most skilful player of his generation, and had a truly magnetic personality (something which Messi doesn't have at all), how do you explain his comparative lack of achievements? I'm not sure it can just be "people tackled more then"...

Evo1883

One World Cup
One Copa America
Ten La Ligas
Four Champions Leagues
One Olympic Gold

Can't really argue , like lineker says though hard to compare eras , how would diego do today with today pitches , with today's nutritionists and fitness and protection?

It's very much still up for debate, I'd imagine the arguments people use today for Messi, in 12 years when mbappe retires people will be saying we'll when Messi was playing players were slower blah blah blah

Evo1883

To be honest, while Maradona was clearly the most skilful player of his generation, and had a truly magnetic personality (something which Messi doesn't have at all), how do you explain his comparative lack of achievements? I'm not sure it can just be "people tackled more then"...

xavi and iniesta achieved alot more than Maradona too ?

Different era , different game

Evo1883

For context , mac allister has also achieved more international trophies than Maradona now

Evo1883

The Messi ronaldo argument is
Well he's clearly a better player than Maradona then, case closed imo
Ah deffo , if it helps , what I think yesterday did was close down the Messi ronaldo argument

Just seen the French are moaning about argie subs coming onto the pitch as the third goal was scored. Removing any emotion they had 13 players on the pitch at the time the goal went in and it shouldn’t be allowed.

Users who are viewing this thread