Rishi’s wife (3 Viewers)

clint van damme

I don’t disagree, it’s a bad look and probably done irreparable damage in terms of his political career. However there’s also been some intentionally confusing and vague commentary to make it sound as morally as bad as possible. I don’t know if it’s bad or not and am unlikely to unless they disclose all their tax affairs

You do realise someone in his own party has instigated this?
What ever its designed to do, it was done by one of his colleagues.

robbiekeane

It is relevant though. I don’t agree with the domicile rules but if (and I still don’t know if this is the case) she has say paid dividend tax to India as an Indian citizen from money derived from an Indian company, it is very different from paying limited/no tax ie in a tax haven. I don’t know how much tax she pays here but it’s said she pays tax on any income earned in the UK so I don’t think it’s nothing, although I’d imagine main income is from Indian company
Exactly. God forbid a but of critical thinking though…anything that’s not frothing at the mouth screaming Tory corruption (which there is plenty of by the way) is just not okay. Mental

CCFCSteve

You do realise someone in his own party has instigated this?
What ever its designed to do, it was done by one of his colleagues.

Yeah, could even be Johnson although apparently he didn’t know if she was non dom….hmmmm 🤷‍♂️, only a handful of people did. Even rumours of treasury leak. My point is that there is a wide moral scale where this could sit yet many media and commentators are presenting it’s sitting at the worse end of the scale even though they know it might not be

Grendel

Yeah, could even be Johnson although apparently he didn’t know if she was non dom….hmmmm 🤷‍♂️, only a handful of people did. Even rumours of treasury leak. My point is that there is a wide moral scale where this could sit yet many media and commentators are presenting it’s sitting at the worse end of the scale even though they know it might not be

It was a story in private eye 12 months ago

Grendel

Didnt know that, did it get leaked to them or was it their own investigations ?

I think their own Guido Fawkes believes it’s a labour campaign to tbe media to highlight it now

Ian1779

I don’t know why we are all worried - it’s only £4.5m overall and I’m sure we can all miss a meal or two so the poor love isn’t inconvenienced any further.
After all, she is a superior human being with all that money.

robbiekeane

I don’t know why we are all worried - it’s only £4.5m overall and I’m sure we can all miss a meal or two so the poor love isn’t inconvenienced any further.
After all, she is a superior human being with all that money.
It’s 6.7p each lol, where are you buying your meals

Sky Blue Pete

You have to admire his bravado. You think an apology might be good but no he wants to punish whoever leaked it.

Yeah double down lol

NorthernWisdom

It is. My main issue is that it's the chancellor's job to maximise the tax take for this country, and he and his family seem to be determined to do the opposite. It's somewhat different to an individual taking the rules to the limit, after all.

Wouldn't even be so bad if he was health secretary or something. Chancellor kind of rubs it in!
Further to this, Sajid Javed has admitted to non dom status while he was a banker. I don't necessarily approve, but nor do I think that's an issue, as he was playing the rules as set out by the treasury...

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Has the poor love got a tiny bit of criticism and can't hack it.

You're a politician - it comes with the territory. Especially if you want a prominent position and then have your own family not live by the spirit of the laws you create.

Imagine if a loophole was found that allowed employees to receive their pay without having to pay tax? They'd be straight onto closing it, and saying how self-centred and immoral people were for doing so.

PVA

Another one.

Open season on Tory tax affairs now.

That's the problem with deciding to rat out one person, it leads to unexpected attention on them all 🤣

CCFCSteve

Given who this is from I assume that he actually has a source. Guess it shows what his priorities are.

Id hope his family are. He doesn’t need to work but does, apparently harder than most politicians and could earn far more elsewhere. Fair play if he hangs around, many wouldn’t

Grendel

Grendel

Ian1779

Yeh it’s super hard maths mate took ages

let me know if you’ve got a few hours I’ll talk you through it
Cheers for the kind offer but I think I’ll manage.

Maybe save your energy for the mental gymnastics you’re undertaking to justify tax avoidance.

NorthernWisdom

Another one.

That's the problem with deciding to rat out one person, it leads to unexpected attention on them all 🤣

I honestly have no problem with that. He was playing the rules as set out, even if I don't agree with them. The difference is, he wasn't setting the rules while doing so, and changed his status when he was in a position to.

Grendel

Another one.

that actually makes him look good and credible surely

Grendel

I honestly have no problem with that. He was playing the rules as set out, even if I don't agree with them. The difference is, he wasn't setting the rules while doing so, and changed his status when he was in a position to.

Exactly It actually portrays him in a good light it’s hardly a stick to beat him with

Users who are viewing this thread