Rishi’s wife (1 Viewer)

rob9872

You’re going to have to ask a coherent question first before I can give you an answer.
Yep, deflection as expected. You never disappoint, but keep shouting into the echo chamber.

duffer

There are plenty of leave voters (many Labour not just nasty tories) who voted for more than immigration reasons. Also ... when I last checked, neither India or the USA were part of the EU, however as always I bow to your bollocks poundshop political agenda.

U OK hun?

'Poundshop political agenda' is a bit rich coming from someone who admits to doing a bit of low level trolling elsewhere on the thread.

Anyway, we know that for Tories anyway, Rishi's wife is the right kind of immigrant... rich, didn't arrive on a rubber boat, if only she'd paid her taxes, eh...

chiefdave

Beep beep beep, attention, this non dom is reversing, beep beep beep.

Do the people who tirelessly defend the government not get sick of this? This consistently happens, they spend days defending whatever the latest scandal is only for there then to be a u-turn.

duffer

There are plenty of leave voters (many Labour not just nasty tories) who voted for more than immigration reasons. Also ... when I last checked, neither India or the USA were part of the EU, however as always I bow to your bollocks poundshop political agenda.

Yep, some people voted for the 350m per week for the NHS.

Straight question, since you seem to like those again, was that a lie?

rob9872

Your question made zero sense. I don’t speak rambling mad man. Try asking it again in a coherent manner and I’ll do my best to answer it.
Nice try. We both know exactly what the question was, but you won't answer because you'll look a dick again. It's ok to admit you're wrong occasionally.

wingy

Well it wasn’t for trade, it wasn’t for farming, it wasn’t for a NHS windfall, it wasn’t for the fishing industry, it wasn’t to scrap VAT on energy, it wasn’t for cheaper food, it wasn’t for more rights, it wasn’t for better standards etc etc. There’s not much left as a reason to vote leave unless you’re willing to admit it’s a failed project.
Welcome to the disruptors landscape.

skybluetony176

Nice try. We both know exactly what the question was, but you won't answer because you'll look a dick again. It's ok to admit you're wrong occasionally.
So you won’t word the question in a coherent manner. Nice one. I suppose it’s easier than admitting brexit is a failed project or admit you’re a massive Xenophobe. Because at the end the day that’s the only two groups brexit voters can be split into. Those that admit they got it wrong or xenophobics. Only the latter should be happy brexit voters.

rob9872

In my memory it was misquoted. I understood it to mean that there was a potential saving of £350m by exiting the U that COULD be used to things like fund the NHS. I've also not disputed Tony's argument about what has or hasn't worked, simply that it's such a lazy throwaway comment to suggest there was only one reason people voted that way. Largely it hasn't worked (yet) but as we know the world hasn't exactly been in a normal place for the past few years for varying reasons.

rob9872

So you won’t word the question in a coherent manner. Nice one. I suppose it’s easier than admitting brexit is a failed project or admit you’re a massive Xenophobe. Because at the end the day that’s the only two groups brexit voters can be split into. Those that admit they got it wrong or xenophobics. Only the latter should be happy brexit voters.
How dare you. You've never met me, I've not posted a single xenophobic post in over 10000 and I've not disputed it hasn't yet worked. You really are pathetic.

skybluetony176

In my memory it was misquoted. I understood it to mean that there was a potential saving of £350m by exiting the U that COULD be used to things like fund the NHS. I've also not disputed Tony's argument about what has or hasn't worked, simply that it's such a lazy throwaway comment to suggest there was only one reason people voted that way. Largely it hasn't worked (yet) but as we know the world hasn't exactly been in a normal place for the past few years for varying reasons.
We’re paying more NI to fund the NHS so what happened to the £350M?

duffer

Do the people who tirelessly defend the government not get sick of this? This consistently happens, they spend days defending whatever the latest scandal is only for there then to be a u-turn.

It's called cognitive dissonance. It's why they end up lying, deflecting, and generally looking a bit stupid.

They can't admit that the people they voted for are doing bad things, because by association that would make them bad people, or at least a bit daft. That's hard for people to face, so they just choose to accept and repeat any old bullshit they're fed rather than admit the truth.

We all know them, they're not generally bad people, but they've made their decision to be Tories and no amount of evidence is going to shift them.

With a few exceptions they often avoid talking about politics on open forums because at that point the low coherence of their rationality is exposed and they get embarrassed and angry.

Their only defence: it's an echo chamber.

Grendel

No it was not a lie

• Haha
Reactions: PVA

duffer

Maybe I missed it, did the vote leave bus say 'could' fund the or "let's fund the NHS"?

Here's a neutral fact check on it. Are you prepared to admit that both the figure was a lie and the amount that's been sent to the NHS was a lie, or not?

rob9872

Does it say we'll give all 350m to the NHS?

duffer

Does it say we'll give all 350m to the NHS?

Does it in any way suggest that it wouldn't?

Was the figure itself a lie? Does it clearly imply that it will be used to fund the NHS?

Cough up mate, I can see that you're struggling with this, I've given you a link to the evidence, read it.

shmmeee

he’s committed fraud? Wow that is indeed serious. How has he committed fraud? As long as he kept them up to date and got a re-entry permit he should be fine, and even if not they would just relinquish is green card, not an offence and it’s not fraud.

What did he sign saying he will put America ahead of the UK? He isn’t a US citizen is he?

To have a green card you have to declare the US your main home and pledge to put it above all other countries.

skybluetony176

I guess this must be the week that the Johnsons get their fine for partygate as this stinks of a diversion tactic as part of operation big twat or whatever he called it.
It’s just lucky that one senior MP had some sleaze on them to break for operation save big dog. God knows what they’ll do to next time Boris needs saving because looking at the cabinet Rishi aside they’re a fine collection of honest, dignified, professional, competent selection of the best of British. There’s literally no one left to throw under the bus to save Boris.

Being serious for a moment Rishi in all likelihood was probably the best of the cabinet. If they can throw him under the bus they’re all fucked. Rishi’s biggest problem was he was more popular than Boris, hence he was first in line for operation save big dog. Boris has nothing to fear from Nadine Dorries in way of a leadership contest. Truss will be next in line.

Grendel

To have a green card you have to declare the US your main home and pledge to put it above all other countries.

and if you don’t it gets removed doesn’t it?

Grendel

There were several statements on tbe remain side that were less than honest and frankly there was plenty of opportunity to challenge and the difference between could and would

PVA

There were several statements on tbe remain side that were less than honest and frankly there was plenty of opportunity to challenge and the difference between could and would

Oh no not several statements! 😱

How many were there on the leave side? Hundreds? Thousands?

Grendel

Oh no not several statements! 😱

How many were there on the leave side? Hundreds? Thousands?

You tell me

• Haha
Reactions: PVA

PVA

Ah yes I'm sure that's a perfectly balanced article.

"Matthew Ellery is a Research Executive at Eurosceptic campaign group Get Britain Out."

Oh.

Grendel

Ah yes I'm sure that's a perfectly balanced article.

"Matthew Ellery is a Research Executive at Eurosceptic campaign group Get Britain Out."

Oh.

what in it isn’t correct? Was it an actual lie?

PVA

Also, did you even read it Grendel, or just the headline?

"George Osborne predicted tax rises and spending cuts would be implemented. To date, no changes to the planned tax rates or public spending have been implemented. So, another lie"

Really?

PVA

The article is 5 years old.

Pretty much everything in there that was apparently a remainer lie has since come to fruition 🤣

0/10, must do better.

Grendel

Also, did you even read it Grendel, or just the headline?

"George Osborne predicted tax rises and spending cuts would be implemented. To date, no changes to the planned tax rates or public spending have been implemented. So, another lie"

Really?

Yes as he predicted (actually said there would be) an emergency budget to increase taxes.

If you try and argue the NI tax rise is due to brexit (which actually is a cut for those earning under £30k good luck

Oh was this curiously exact figure - the response to tbe £350 million campaign true

Grendel

The article is 5 years old.

Pretty much everything in there that was apparently a remainer lie has since come to fruition 🤣

0/10, must do better.

the nhs bus is 6 years old? We are talking about the campaign that happened then?

we.are.talking.about.the.campaign

napolimp

Yes as he predicted (actually said there would be) an emergency budget to increase taxes.

If you try and argue the NI tax rise is due to brexit (which actually is a cut for those earning under £30k good luck

Oh was this curiously exact figure - the response to tbe £350 million campaign true

Are you a bot?

Users who are viewing this thread