Robins agrees with me (1 Viewer)

cyril

Fair enough point WS. But the latter pic is five yards away

WillieStanley

Fair enough point WS. But the latter pic is five yards away

I know, I tried to find a similar picture with either this years or last years kit. For some reason there weren't many :thinking about:

There is a significant change in shade though.

cyril

Not really. If you look real hard you can see a couple of city shirts in the crowd. And it was last year with bigger crowds

Otis

Precisely. Ridiculous thread.

Why? Did you not read what I said?

How many teams play in just one colour, the same colour tops, shorts and socks and have all the same colour seats and have as many empty seats as we do?

Do you think Robins is ridiculous then?

I see no problem whatsoever with looking at all the problems and every possible solution.

Otis

Leeds play in all white but many of fans wear the colours of their scarf, white, yellow and blue.

Just think we should look at other clubs and see if they play in one colour, with that same colour used for all their seating and if they do, whether or not they are play to more than half empty stadiums.

It is certainly at least worth looking at rather than just dismissing it as ridiculous without any analysis.

cyril

Has anyone ever played football? You never really focus in a split second that you have to pick out a team mate

Tonylinc

If this really is a problem (I can't see how though) then the answer is simple......use a yellow/green/pink/whatever ball.

Otis

The fact was on Saturday that, that was a very, very empty stadium and the passing in the first 20 mins was nothing short of shocking. Never seen so many passes go behind the player aimed at and straight out of play in such a short period of time.

I don't care if anything sounds daft or not, we should look at anything and everything. We are in no position to do otherwise.

Tonylinc

I agree Otis, we should look at anything which can give us an advantage, but don't you think that our poor passing could be down to the fact that we have poor players!

cyril

Yeah but think about it. All our players can't be that bad in this league. You might say mcgoldrick dont have a problem but he's only looking at the goal

Otis

I agree Otis, we should look at anything which can give us an advantage, but don't you think that our poor passing could be down to the fact that we have poor players!

Well, would agree but as the game wore on the passing got much better.

I have a suggestion and it's not as daft as it sounds. Cover the empty seats in black cloth as they do between the home and away fans by Singer's Corner.

Or ... and I know it wouldn't be too popular, play a game (JPT?) at the Ricoh and let the City team play in our away kit and see if there is anything at all in this.

It might well prove to be ridiculous but if we don't try anything to see if that makes any difference we'll never know for sure will we!

Let's just try something different and see if it changes anything.

Astute

How fookin ridiculous? ManU players can be seen becauae they wear white shorts :D

So we can't manage a top 6 finish because we play in Sky Blue? How the fook do Man C manage? When you are on a pitch you are not looking as high as the fans or empty seats. If this were the case then the best results would always favour the away side as they hardly would ever have a colour clash. Get real. Our problems go much further than the colour of our kit.

Otis

Do Man U play in a one-coloured kit and in front of a stadium full of empty seats in the same colour as the kit?

Do Man City play in a one-coloured kit and in front of a stadium full of empty seats in the same colour as the kit?

And players do look up. If they don't it's no wonder our passes go awry.

:whistle:

Astute

You really saying the players don't look up to see a pass?

Look up how high? Billboards are at eye level. Players are at eye level. So why are away wins a lot lower than home wins where the majority of the fans are wearing the colours of the home side? Straws and clutching to me.

Astute

Do Man U play in a one-coloured kit and in front of a stadium full of empty seats in the same colour as the kit?

Do Man City play in a one-coloured kit and in front of a stadium full of empty seats in the same colour as the kit?

And players do look up. If they don't it's no wonder our passes go awry.

:whistle:

So the Manure players can pick out each other easily as they can pick out each others shorts straight away? No white in the stands?

Users who are viewing this thread