Robins agrees with me (3 Viewers)

Astute

Oh be real.

Correct. As you say. So why don't the most results go the way of the away team? Why are our better results at home and not away?

Give me a good enough reason and I will get real as you say. Until then I will look at the facts and not a fantasy of someone looking for reasons why we don't do better at home.....but even worse away at home.

Astute

Have had a fair few drinks myself. I can see reality at the moment :laugh:

Tonylinc

Earlier in the thread somebody said that we used a yellow ball on Sat. Was not there myself but if this is true, then that surely blows a massive whole in this theory.

Astute

How would anyone see a white ball if playing away at Leeds? :whistle:

Otis

We didn't play with a coloured ball yesterday.

I do feel I am talking to my wife here, cos no-one's listening.

;)

1. The manager said this, not the fans. Feel free to call the manager ridiculous!

2. I am talking about a team playing in one single colour (same colour shirts, same colour shorts, same colour socks) in a stadium with the same colour seats, in a big stadium that is all but empty so nearly all the seats of the same colour are clearly on display.

Why on earth people are talking about Leeds and Man u and Man City I've no idea!!

Astute

We didn't play with a coloured ball yesterday.

I do feel I am talking to my wife here, cos no-one's listening.

;)

1. The manager said this, not the fans. Feel free to call the manager ridiculous!

2. I am talking about a team playing in one single colour (same colour shirts, same colour shorts, same colour socks) in a stadium with the same colour seats, in a big stadium that is all but empty so nearly all the seats of the same colour are clearly on display.

Why on earth people are talking about Leeds and Man u and Man City I've no idea!!

Because if it happens to us it will happen to others. If it happens to us at home why are we worse away from home? The majority of home games are won. The minority of away games are won. If it made so much of a difference then it would be the other way round. What is the difference between the Man C strip to ours to make them good and us shite? So the shirts can blend in with the crowd and empty seats, but put white shorts on and they can be seen clearly? :facepalm:

Otis

Our away form isn't shite.

Won away at Dagenham and York in the cup. In the league, won 2, drawn 2, lost 4.

So in total, 10 games, won 4, drawn 2, lost 4.

That's not shite. That's not bad at all.

Astute

Won away at Dagenham and York in the cup. In the league, won 2, drawn 2, lost 4.

Wins at Dagenham and York in the cup as well as Oldham and Leyton Orient in the league.....two league wins out of 8 and that is a good run.......and they are 17th and 19th.

Scraping the barrel looking for excuses at the moment :(

Otis

Wins at Dagenham and York in the cup as well as Oldham and Leyton Orient in the league.....two league wins out of 8 and that is a good run.......and they are 17th and 19th.

Scraping the barrel looking for excuses at the moment :(

Were Dagenham and York not away games then? I'm confused.

It's 4 wins out of 10 away. What difference does it make if it is a cup or league game? We are talking about whether we play better away or not!

stupot07

To be fair Otis the two cup wins were against lower level opposition but still 8 points from 8 games in the league isn't bad....our league home form is very worrying - 6 points from 7 games at home.

Astute

Were Dagenham and York not away games then? I'm confused.

It's 4 wins out of 10 away. What difference does it make if it is a cup or league game? We are talking about whether we play better away or not!

So we shouldn't beat teams below 3rd div now? Yes we won, but WOW :facepalm:

Otis

Yep, agree.

I know they were lower league, but we won and our away form ain't that bad and like you say it's our home form that is.

I think it right and proper for the manager to look at all angles and all possibilities.

The passing that first 20 mins was atrocious to say the least!

Astute

Yep, agree.

I know they were lower league, but we won and our away form ain't that bad and like you say it's our home form that is.

I think it right and proper for the manager to look at all angles and all possibilities.

The passing that first 20 mins was atrocious to say the least!

So how did it get better for the other 70 mins? Did the background change?

Our best away result of the season is against the team in 17th. Not satisfactory for me. You seem to be happy with it though. Am I expecting too much?

psgm1

Banned
Blaming the colours now!

Will the BS never end?

Even the kids in Sunday League teams can tell the difference between light and dark blue!

When you start looking at stuff like this you know its straw clutching time.

Maybe it might be worth doing something radical - I don't know maybe something like making the strikers practice shooting on target, or maybe working on fitness or heaven forbid, learning not rely on McGoldrick getting all the goals!

No team in history has survived relegation on the basis of goals from one player. Last season if memory serves the lowest team to survive scored 65 goals.

So at the present rate (with McGoldrick getting half the goals total of the team) McGoldrick is going to have to score a MINIMUM of 30 goals for us (even assuming he stays).

Currently he is scoring roughly 1 in 2, so at that rate he COULD potentially score just over 20 goals.

Goals need to come from other players - It's that simple!

Otis

So how did it get better for the other 70 mins? Did the background change?

Our best away result of the season is against the team in 17th. Not satisfactory for me. You seem to be happy with it though. Am I expecting too much?

You never heard of anyone adapting to the conditions as a game wears on?

Seriously? :thinking about:

Users who are viewing this thread