Season Tickets (1 Viewer)

simple_simon

Has it come to this? Who are you to call anyone a "grade one muppet" for supporting THEIR club you illiterate bellend.

Do not think they are calling anyone a muppet for following there team, its the fact they buy a season ticket as that is a financial gamble while SISU run the pace.

Block19

I can understand a 'not one penny more' campaign if we move away, but simply cannot comprehend a 'not one penny more' campaign if we stay at the Ricoh.

We stay here and I will renew my ST whoever is in charge.

Real shame if people don't feel the same way. :(

We stay and I'll keep going. We move and that's me done.
Sent from my KIS using Tapatalk 2

Well said

Black6Osprey

I can understand a 'not one penny more' campaign if we move away, but simply cannot comprehend a 'not one penny more' campaign if we stay at the Ricoh.

I agree totally.

However, I personally won't be getting a ST in either case as after nearly 30 years of having one I've just about had enough of the endless shit. I will still go to some games if we remain at the Ricoh but any move away and I won't be anywhere near.

Last edited:

SkyBlueSwiss

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, and it is each person's choice as to how they react to this rather stupid position we find ourselves in as a football club.
Some on here believe that a significant amount of blame for our position lies not just with SISU but with others such as ACL, CCC, Higgs, PWHK etc. They are entitled to that opinion.
My personal opinion is that they are wrong in thinking this. Almost all of the blame lies with SISU imho. Obviously, some will think that I am as wrong as I think they are wrong; so be it.

My personal conclusion is that I cannot support the club as long as SISU are around. IMHO they are liars and cheats (apparently) and just on moral grounds - let alone for many of their other action, the way they have treated the fans, the club, their lack of any investment that has brought us to our lowest position for 50 years.

To me it is irrelevant whether a SISU-owned CCFC play at the Ricoh or not. I cannot in good conscience support them. If SISU retain ownership, and in particular if they move away (as they MUST unless Mr. Fisher is a worse liar than I already believe him to be as he has stated quite categorically many times that CCFC will never play at the Ricoh again), then my hope is for a breakaway/Phoenix club that will be well supported and funded, owned 50% or more by the fans, that will rapidly move up the leagues as the SISU club falls down to the fourth division and then out or the leagues. I believe that this will happen if SISU remain; look at what they have done and continue to do to the playing staff. They are re-creating our relegation season again in almost exactly the same way they set the team up before. We are in embargo and will remain in embargo as long as SISU own us, with no chance at all of "buying" new players of quality. And I really am not sure how long we will keep our (2nd) top scorer from last season. I think there is a serious chance that Clark will go, and based on his performance last season, I think Baker will be in demand. Lose those two on top of the ones we have already lost, add academy replacements, and we are back on the same relegation trail.

Sorry, but I cannot support SISU in any way. They were not the start of our troubles, but boy did they add to them!
SISU will not get one penny more from me, and if SISU will not go, then it is a breakaway/Phoenix club for me or no football at all.

Grendel

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, and it is each person's choice as to how they react to this rather stupid position we find ourselves in as a football club.
Some on here believe that a significant amount of blame for our position lies not just with SISU but with others such as ACL, CCC, Higgs, PWHK etc. They are entitled to that opinion.
My personal opinion is that they are wrong in thinking this. Almost all of the blame lies with SISU imho. Obviously, some will think that I am as wrong as I think they are wrong; so be it.

My personal conclusion is that I cannot support the club as long as SISU are around. IMHO they are liars and cheats (apparently) and just on moral grounds - let alone for many of their other action, the way they have treated the fans, the club, their lack of any investment that has brought us to our lowest position for 50 years.

To me it is irrelevant whether a SISU-owned CCFC play at the Ricoh or not. I cannot in good conscience support them. If SISU retain ownership, and in particular if they move away (as they MUST unless Mr. Fisher is a worse liar than I already believe him to be as he has stated quite categorically many times that CCFC will never play at the Ricoh again), then my hope is for a breakaway/Phoenix club that will be well supported and funded, owned 50% or more by the fans, that will rapidly move up the leagues as the SISU club falls down to the fourth division and then out or the leagues. I believe that this will happen if SISU remain; look at what they have done and continue to do to the playing staff. They are re-creating our relegation season again in almost exactly the same way they set the team up before. We are in embargo and will remain in embargo as long as SISU own us, with no chance at all of "buying" new players of quality. And I really am not sure how long we will keep our (2nd) top scorer from last season. I think there is a serious chance that Clark will go, and based on his performance last season, I think Baker will be in demand. Lose those two on top of the ones we have already lost, add academy replacements, and we are back on the same relegation trail.

Sorry, but I cannot support SISU in any way. They were not the start of our troubles, but boy did they add to them!
SISU will not get one penny more from me, and if SISU will not go, then it is a breakaway/Phoenix club for me or no football at all.

I am assuming as you live in Switzerland you don't go anyway?

CCFCDan87

Amen to that

cashless

You started off reasoned and sane but unfortunately ended with a mentalist rant

stupot07

Well said Otis.

Grendel

Yep spot on all real fans will carry on regardless others wi just use it as an excuse not to bother.

bigfatronssba

Agree with this.

If we are still at the Ricoh next year then I would say its down to personal preferance if someone wishes to go or not (I wont be if Sisu are here).

However my opinion of the those that follow the club out of the city is that they are being selfish. They know it is wrong to move a club away from its home, but they support it anyway because 'it gives them something to do on a saturday'.

ajsccfc

I think it's obvious that Fisher and SISU are the wrong targets, let's barrack anyone who doesn't do exactly as we want them to instead!

SkyBlueSwiss

I am assuming as you live in Switzerland you don't go anyway?

Why am I not surprised at the instant negative comment from you Grenduffy?

Yes, I live in Switzerland. No, I don't get to matches.
I went to games when I lived in the UK. I pay for the Sky Blue Player every season. I buy shirts etc. I follow my team as avidly as is possible from abroad, like many other fans. Before the advent of the internet, you have no idea how much we international fans suffered. Older international Sky Blue fans will remember the agony of bad short-wave radio reception of BBC world sports at just the wrong time.
The fact that you are able to get to games does not make you a better fan or a better person that the multitude of international supporters who no longer live in Coventry and are not able to go to games any longer.

When are you going to get it through your thick skull that just because you live in the UK and are able to get to games does not make you a better fan or a better person that those that cannot.
I could almost hope that for some reason you find yourself living abroad some day, then let's see what sort of stupidity you post on this forum when an immature wanker makes the same sort of comments to you as you make towards other fans.

Grendel

I went to games when I lived in the UK. I pay for the Sky Blue Player every season. I buy shirts etc. I follow my team as avidly as is possible from abroad, like many other fans. Before the advent of the internet, you have no idea how much we international fans suffered. Older international Sky Blue fans will remember the agony of bad short-wave radio reception of BBC world sports at just the wrong time.
The fact that you are able to get to games does not make you a better fan or a better person that the multitude of international supporters who no longer live in Coventry and are not able to go to games any longer.

When are you going to get it through your thick skull that just because you live in the UK and are able to get to games does not make you a better fan or a better person that those that cannot.
I could almost hope that for some reason you find yourself living abroad some day, then let's see what sort of stupidity you post on this forum when an immature wanker makes the same sort of comments to you as you make towards other fans.

My point which you seem to have overlooked is one of attitude. It's pretty easy to take a high moral approach and boycott games when you don't actually go anyway. Your opinion can't therefore be deemed relevant.

It's a bit like moving to Alaska and declaring a boycott on shopping at Tescos.

Grendel

Real fans statement again. You and torch love the better fan theory

Who said better? My view is clubs in crises need supporters more than ever. Therefore assuming we stay put I will be there.

Grendel

Sick Boy

The brains on here believe that anyone who even dares to question acl/the council, or who doesn't think the bloke from ACL who posts on here is the second-coming, are pro-sisu. Funny that they used the same logic when criticising those who questioned sisu when they first came in to the club.

I am sure one day they will catch up as well.

CCFCDan87

Who said better? My view is clubs in crises need supporters more than ever. Therefore assuming we stay put I will be there.

Your all real fans comment which translates as if you don't go your not real! Have a day off spouting claptrap

theferret

Agree with this.

If we are still at the Ricoh next year then I would say its down to personal preferance if someone wishes to go or not (I wont be if Sisu are here).

However my opinion of the those that follow the club out of the city is that they are being selfish. They know it is wrong to move a club away from its home, but they support it anyway because 'it gives them something to do on a saturday'.

I will give them the benefit of the doubt for one season on the basis that the move is temporary - but then it has to be temporary, there is no other option.

Many teams have moved outside of their conurbation in recent years - Brighton, Bristol Rovers, Rotherham for example; and other clubs have ground shared - Fulham at QPR for and Charlton at Palace before that, but in each case it was temporary and fans followed those clubs until they returned.

I know the situation here is different, however it is still my club, and I can't stand the thought of the team playing in front of nobody, especially when not turning up will make no difference whatsoever.

But, I'll humour you for a minute, so let's say it does. Let's say that cutting off income to SISU once they have regained complete control does make them quit - what is the likely outcome? Liquidation? Is that what you really want?

What is the end game people have in mind when they say not a penny more? What does SISU out mean at that point? Perhaps the interested parties would still be sniffing around, or perhaps they will be long gone by then. But then again, wouldn't they prefer to buy the club out of liquidation than take on massive debts?

I hope none of this happens and we somehow get taken over, but if we don't and SISU regain full control, forcing them out will not be pretty at all and could feasibly signal the end of the club completely.

BTW, I was being flippant with the 'something to do on a Saturday' comment.

bigfatronssba

I will give them the benefit of the doubt for one season on the basis that the move is temporary - but then it has to be temporary, there is no other option.

Many teams have moved outside of their conurbation in recent years - Brighton, Bristol Rovers, Rotherham for example; and other clubs have ground shared - Fulham at QPR for and Charlton at Palace before that, but in each case it was temporary and fans followed those clubs until they returned.

I know the situation here is different, however it is still my club, and I can't stand the thought of the team playing in front of nobody, especially when not turning up will make no difference whatsoever.

But, I'll humour you for a minute, so let's say it does. Let's say that cutting off income to SISU once they have regained complete control does make them quit - what is the likely outcome? Liquidation? Is that what you really want?

What is the end game people have in mind when they say not a penny more? What does SISU out mean at that point? Perhaps the interested parties would still be sniffing around, or perhaps they will be long gone by then. But then again, wouldn't they prefer to buy the club out of liquidation than take on massive debts?

I hope none of this happens and we somehow get taken over, but if we don't and SISU regain full control, forcing them out will not be pretty at all and could feasibly signal the end of the club completely.

BTW, I was being flippant with the 'something to do on a Saturday' comment.

Most of those clubs moved out because it was forced upon them, this is being forced upon us by our beloved owners.

If Sisu quit then someone else will buy. The line of 'there is no one else interested' has now been shown to be nothing more than a Fisherism.

With Sisu at the helm the club will only decline further until there is nothing left.

ajsccfc

Everyone who follows this limping mess of a football team can call themselves a 'real' fan, it's not as if we're in a position to attract the casual glory lot is it?

If you want to keep going because you want to follow the team wherever they play, go for it.

If you want to boycott in the hope of putting the squeeze on the owners, go for it.

If you want to slag off people for choosing what they feel is best, go fuck yourself.

theferret

Most of those clubs moved out because it was forced upon them, this is being forced upon us by our beloved owners.

If Sisu quit then someone else will buy. The line of 'there is no one else interested' has now been shown to be nothing more than a Fisherism.

But only if SISU are prepared to sell. They might, and they might let it go on the cheap, but I suspect not going by their track record.

Also, any buyer would have to weigh up the logic of negotiating a multi-million pound deal when they could wait for liquidation, buy it all on the cheap and take the hit of expulsion from the football league, or they might wait for SISU to put the whole lot into administration again.

All academic though, boycott or not, SISU will hang on. The only option is a new club because SISU are not going anywhere so you might as well start planning for that eventuality now.

I still cannot believe some people are so naive that they think a boycott will force SISU out.

bigfatronssba

But only if SISU are prepared to sell. They might, and they might let it go on the cheap, but I suspect not going by their track record.

Also, any buyer would have to weigh up the logic of negotiating a multi-million pound deal when they could wait for liquidation, buy it all on the cheap and take the hit of expulsion from the football league, or they might wait for SISU to put the whole lot into administration again.

All academic though, boycott or not, SISU will hang on. The only option is a new club because SISU are not going anywhere so you might as well start planning for that eventuality now.

I still cannot believe some people are so naive that they think a boycott will force SISU out.

Well I'm not prepared to go and support something that I believe is wrong. Your asking people not not boycott on the basis that Sisu will/are deliberately obtrusive to takeover offers and that they might put us into liquidation instead. That to me sounds like giving in to the bully, and that is wrong.

How much in annual losses do you think Sisu will be prepared to cough up?

simple_simon

I agree 100%
Finding it hard to understand some people's thought s on here.

simple_simon

Well said.
To some degree your more of a fan than those who actually go.
Fair pay to you.

SkyBlue_Bear83

They have a price of £214 for over 17 and under 21, that age group must be kept sweet as they are the ones most likely to disappear during poor times.
I'm sure we charge full price in that age bracket. Personally i would have £150 max from 12-21, not that anyone is likely to buy as things stand.
I'm 20 and have never been charged full price, I sit in the family zone and early bird was £184 last season
If a takeover goes through I hope ticket prices are looked at. 12-21's @£150 sounds good.

Ticket prices last year for juniors (I think it is U16) were £115 in the family zone and £138 in the standard zone so you are advocating an increase in ticket prices for U16s? Also JSB members under 7 also get free season tickets. Our ticket prices are more than fair

Considering we have been ripped off in rent for the last 6 years our ticket prices should be applauded.

We charged a lot less at the Ricoh than most league 1 clubs in there tin pot stadiums

cef261a3a6f36d39d10e2a5c769ee11b.png

Bluegloucester

I'm 20 and have never been charged full price, I sit in the family zone and early bird was £184 last season

Ticket prices last year for juniors (I think it is U16) were £115 in the family zone and £138 in the standard zone so you are advocating an increase in ticket prices for U16s? Also JSB members under 7 also get free season tickets. Our ticket prices are more than fair

Considering we have been ripped off in rent for the last 6 years our ticket prices should be applauded.

We charged a lot less at the Ricoh than most league 1 clubs in there tin pot stadiums

cef261a3a6f36d39d10e2a5c769ee11b.png
I did not say they should be increased, I was advocating cheaper prices up to 21 year olds. If it is for £138 all the better.

oakey

On a side note it amuses one that they think the cheapest day out includes buying a programme, a drink and a pie.
Surely the cheapest day out would be to not buy these, just a ticket?
How we laughed.

I always buy a tea and a programme ... But a pie too? Spendthrift.

Grendel

Well said.
To some degree your more of a fan than those who actually go.
Fair pay to you.

In that case we are the best supported team in the league as we always have more fans who don't go than do.

Stop talking total bollocks.

SkyBlue_Bear83

I did not say they should be increased, I was advocating cheaper prices up to 21 year olds. If it is for £138 all the better.
Fair enough, I just wanted to point out the facts about our ticket prices as there was a lot of incorrect information about our ticket prices.

My comment was more aimed at hutch having a slight dig at our pricing structure without doing any research. You agreed and said 'you hope our prices are looked at', to me that implies you think our ticket prices are unreasonable. It is obvious you also didn't look at our ticket prices before either as any one with a balanced view would take one look and conclude they are more than fair.

Users who are viewing this thread