Shrewsbury Match Thread (2 Viewers)

rob9872

Big little combo up top and who better to deliver the perfect ball for the knockdown than Cole? Rest of team can be any of the usual combos, but 442 formation ideally.

sperrin07

I think TM will play in a 4231
RCC
Lorentzon
Ricketts
Stephens
Stokes
Vincelot
Fleck
Murphy
Maddison
Armstrong
Henderson

But id play 442 of
RCC
ricketts
Stephens
Martin
Stokes
Murphy
Maddison roaming cm
Vincelot
Cole
Henderson
Armstrong

Subs
Addai, lorentzon, ramage, bigirimana, fleck, tudgay, lameiras

skyblue1991

Morning all,

Still going this evening despite the dismal run we are on.

Would go 442, Murphy & Lameries on the wings, Armstrong & Tudgay up front but don't see it happening.

Will stay postivie and predict a sneaky 1-0 win.

Wrap up warm, its going to be baltic!

skybluesam66

the issue now across the whole team is low energy/ low pressing/ low confidence, whilst at the same time the defence is too fragile, that we look under pressure each time the opposition attack

1 or 2 changes to personnel will not change that, we really need to change playing style

no_loyalty

I don't know what the team will be but I bet Fortune comes on as a late sub.

Wouldn't be surprised if Mowbray plays him from the start, he shocked us last Tuesday by starting Hunt so might do the same tonight?

letsallsingtogether

Win please I am going tonight hste it when we lose and it is deadly silent all the way home

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
My prediction. (I don't care if you agree or not.)
I reckon we will lose, Bradford will hold Burton to a draw and go above us and we drop down to 8th. The slide is on........ :(

Lanno

Win and we pop back into the playoffs and although we've only jut dropped out, it could be the spark / morale boost that's needed to kick on.

That being said, our form has been anything but temporary and our class far from permanent. 2 - 1 defeat

covhead1

Everything is pointing to another defeat....so why do i think we'll win?
Dunno but i do.
1-0 city.

lifeskyblue

The poor run has to end eventually so why not tonight? Head says loss but anything possible

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

martcov

Lots on here say we've been rumbled... Other teams' scouts watch us, See our weaknesses and report back. ( my opinion too ). Don't we do that? If not, why not? Imo we will change our approach with this one and take Shrewsbury by surprise. Nothing to lose if the theory that we've been sussed is right.

Nick

Administrator
Lots on here say we've been rumbled... Other teams' scouts watch us, See our weaknesses and report back. ( my opinion too ). Don't we do that? If not, why not? Imo we will change our approach with this one and take Shrewsbury by surprise. Nothing to lose if the theory that we've been sussed is right.

Yes we do, Mowbray said himself he was going to watch other games the other week.

WestEndAgro

Home win, I think the bubble has well and truly burst, morale seems rock bottom, Mobray seems even more dour than before (if possible) and I've got a shitty weekend in Blackpool to look forward to.
2-0

fernandopartridge

I don't usually engage in predictions, but I think we might sneak a win tonight, and, the SBT mood-o-meter will swing 180° to the play offs being the minimum we will achieve this season.

Otis

I don't usually engage in predictions, but I think we might sneak a win tonight, and, the SBT mood-o-meter will swing 180° to the play offs being the minimum we will achieve this season.
Some will, but even if we win tonight I still think we would need something from Blackpool too and indeed Swindon the week after.

Can only concentrate on one game at a time, but what we need now is a run.

Dimi_Konstantflapalot

If Martin is fit, I think he has to slot back into defence in place of Cargill.

I would like to see:

RCC

Lorentzson
Martin
Stephens
Stokes

Lameiras
Fleck
Vincelot
Murphy

Armstrong
Tudgay

dongonzalos

................RCC............
Loz...Ric...Martin..Stokes
.....,.,.......,,Vince.................
........Fleck..........Cole...........
................Madison
........,Armstrong..Murphy...

dongonzalos

Armstrong and Murphy with clear instruction to keep running at the defence. Keep trying to break the off side trap and keep making runs for Cole, madd and Fleck to aim at.

Cobi Jones's Dreads

2-0 loss and another inept display in a game we should be getting something from. I would start, playing a 4-4-2 diamond:

GK: Chares-Cook
LB: Stokes
RB: Lorentzon
CB: Stephens
CB: Martin
DM: Fleck
LCM: Lameires
RCM: Rose
AM: Murphy
ST: Armstrong
ST: Henderson

Otis

Seems everyone pretty much wants to see Ricketts dropped. Just can't see it happening though.

It's one thing I don't get. We have to be careful with Hunt and Cole and Henderson because they are all 34 and can't play every game and every week, yet Ricketts is also 34 and plays every single game.

I have really rated Ricketts at the start of the season and thought he was one of our best players earlier in the campaign, but now it seems clear the bloke just needs a rest. Stick him on the bench for a couple of games and let him rest up from playing every game, every week.

Otis

They are all 34, Ricketts, Hunt, Cole and Henderson, yet Ricketts plays every single game.

The only reason for that has to be because he is captain!

Dimi_Konstantflapalot

Seems everyone pretty much wants to see Ricketts dropped. Just can't see it happening though.

It's one thing I don't get. We have to be careful with Hunt and Cole and Henderson because they are all 34 and can't play every game and every week, yet Ricketts is also 34 and plays every single game.

I have really rated Ricketts at the start of the season and thought he was one of our best players earlier in the campaign, but now it seems clear the bloke just needs a rest. Stick him on the bench for a couple of games and let him rest up from playing every game, every week.

Totally agree. I’ve mentioned before – just because you are captain does not mean you have a divine right to start every game, nor should the manager feel obliged to play you. A rest for a game or two would do him good, and give Lorentzson a proper run to show what he can offer us.

no_loyalty

Martin didn't play for the 2nd string today, hopefully that means he is going to play tonight?

malkitccfc

Start of the season I didn't want Martin anywhere near the team... now I literally can't wait to get him back in!

steve82

They are all 34, Ricketts, Hunt, Cole and Henderson, yet Ricketts plays every single game.

The only reason for that has to be because he is captain!

Totally agree. I’ve mentioned before – just because you are captain does not mean you have a divine right to start every game, nor should the manager feel obliged to play you. A rest for a game or two would do him good, and give Lorentzson a proper run to show what he can offer us.

Has to be rested. He's way off the pace with the performance he was at earlier in the season. Lorenztson looks more than capable of filling in while he sits out and observes.
As for the role of being captain, we won't miss his input as its non existent anyway.

ClarkeZ

Has to be rested. He's way off the pace with the performance he was at earlier in the season. Lorenztson looks more than capable of filling in while he sits out and observes.
As for the role of being captain, we won't miss his input as its non existent anyway.

I agree, Lorentzon at full back with Martin in the middle, so where would you put the armband?
Martin only just returning, not a lot of other vocal leaders on the field right now. Maybe Vince?

steve82

I agree, Lorentzon at full back with Martin in the middle, so where would you put the armband?
Martin only just returning, not a lot of other vocal leaders on the field right now. Maybe Vince?

That's where TM comes into play, he no's his characters who can step up and deliver. If Joe Cole plays I'd guess him as he try's motivating all the time encouraging and bringing the team together. Tho most likely in his absence Roman vincelot at a good guess.
This is a key area that the team is missing, a natural leader.

Paxman II

................RCC............
Loz...Ric...Martin..Stokes
.....,.,.......,,Vince.................
........Fleck..........Cole...........
................Madison
........,Armstrong..Murphy...

I would not like to face that side coming at me if I were Shrewsbury. let Vincelot protect the defenders and Fleck come forward more when required.

ClarkeZ

That's where TM comes into play, he no's his characters who can step up and deliver. If Joe Cole plays I'd guess him as he try's motivating all the time encouraging and bringing the team together. Tho most likely in his absence Roman vincelot at a good guess.
This is a key area that the team is missing, a natural leader.

I know I've said this repeatedly today, but JOB, one of our most vocal and passionate players is currently out on loan. Surely that energy is exactly what is needed to help a revival?

Nick

Administrator
I would not like to face that side coming at me if I were Shrewsbury. let Vincelot protect the defenders and Fleck come forward more when required.

I would, I'd get my biggest defender to clatter Murphy and take him out of the game. I'd then get a defender to wind Maddison up, let him start diving so the ref gets annoyed and then just hammer him.

2 defenders on Armstrong.

There's no fight in that team apart from Vincelot on occasion, I'd turn it into a fight / scrap.

steve82

I know I've said this repeatedly today, but JOB, one of our most vocal and passionate players is currently out on loan. Surely that energy is exactly what is needed to help a revival?

I did like job as a player who could come on and rev up the team, some games he could make a impact most notably the win v peterbough. Was his style always effective, like in his pointing and berating of players like times last season then no. I know I'd not have him as captain tho.

pw362

Charles-Cook

Lorentzson
Martin
Ricketts
Stokes

Stephens
Fleck
Vincelot

Murphy
Maddison
Armstrong

Same formation as the one at Port Vale with Stephens just in front of the back four

Users who are viewing this thread