Ricketts
Stokes

Stephens
Fleck
Vincelot

Murphy
Maddison
Armstrong

Same formation as the one at Port Vale with Stephens just in front of the back four
Not quite though, cos Vincelot didn't play that game and Stephens played in his role. If you play Stephens and Fleck and Vincelot, that is 3 defensive midifeld players.

You could I suppose have Fleck playing slightly more forwards, but I think that would be a little too negative a formation.

fernandopartridge

Not quite though, cos Vincelot didn't play that game and Stephens played in his role. If you play Stephens and Fleck and Vincelot, that is 3 defensive midifeld players.

You could I suppose have Fleck playing slightly more forwards, but I think that would be a little too negative a formation.

Fleck doesn't like playing further forwards. He seems most comfortable sat on the toes of the centre backs, making passes that gradually progress the team up the field without any real impetus.

If Stephens is an effective holiding player, I'd be tempted to leave Vincelot out completely, he's been very poor for a while.

steve82

Fleck doesn't like playing further forwards. He seems most comfortable sat on the toes of the centre backs, making passes that gradually progress the team up the field without any real impetus.

If Stephens is an effective holiding player, I'd be tempted to leave Vincelot out completely, he's been very poor for a while.

Need Stephens as a CB as cargil is injured so cannot afford to put Stephens forward.

pw362

OK Stephens and Martin at CB and Rose in midfield

Otis

Our season goes one way or the other with this fixture.
Top Six finish or mid table !
Not quite that clear cut I don't think, Italia, but if we lose both games, tonight and on Saturday, then I think that is it.

Could by then be 6 points outside the top 6.

On the flip side, a win tonight would put us back in the top 6, but we would have to follow that up with another positive result against Blackpool as well.

Win tonight and lose on Saturday and we will probably be only in the top 6 for 4 days, before being kicked back out again.

These 2 games are crucial. Don't think tonight gives us any definitive answer to be honest.

#CCFC XI: Charles-Cook (GK), Ricketts (C), Stephens, Martin, Stokes, Vincelot, Fleck, Murphy, Cole, Fortuné, Armstrong #PUSB

Nick

Administrator
Fortune? Really?

Hopefully he has a blinder. Will it happen though? Had a quid on him at 7/1 first scorer just in case!

I bet he just plays Armstrong out wide and Fortune up front on his own...

Nick

Administrator
I'm not surprised :( If he was going to play another striker with Armstrong it was going to be Fortune.

lifeskyblue

I would have had lorentzson in. And either Henderson or tudgay. I feel fortune should only be used if we are two up and need to see a game out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

covmark

Shitting hell. Fortune??? Mowbray fucking loves him.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

SkyBlue_Bear83

Fortune? Really?

Hopefully he has a blinder. Will it happen though? Had a quid on him at 7/1 first scorer just in case!

I bet he just plays Armstrong out wide and Fortune up front on his own...

Cole as number 10 behind Fortune and Armstrong and Murphy out wide probably

Otis

The one that isn't a surprise is Ricketts in yet again.

I can understand MAF if it is the 2 up front we have all been calling for.

If TM doesn't think Henderson is ready for a full game especially.

no_loyalty

Wouldn't be surprised if Mowbray plays him from the start, he shocked us last Tuesday by starting Hunt so might do the same tonight?

Fucking knew it, Fortune in from start

letsallsingtogether

You've done it now?
Plan B
Fucin unfortunate....

Hope he gets
A hat trick

Users who are viewing this thread