So stadium location will not be announced soon? (1 Viewer)

asb

I agree, I just enjoy trying to get an answer from our friend RFC who likes to pop in and out. It wouldn't completely surprise me if they did buy some land though, and they don't need to speak to councils first to do that. I just think they might buy some to try and drag the game out a bit more, and they could always sell it later, may even make some money on it.

Land can be a good investment, tends not to need much maintenance.

I still believe that a current built stadium is more likely, then a new build.

Nuneaton do not own their stadium, it is owned by the administrator who has interested people wanting to buy it. The purchasers would need to improve the stadium to get it up to league standards. Which is what has been suggested they will do to help the future of Nuneaton.

Just wondering what odds on a Nuneaton / Coventry ground share, with Sisu the proud owners of the upgraded stadium.

I would guess about the same odds of actually getting a new stadium built in the Nuneaton area.

The Reverend Skyblue

This RFC character makes me laugh out loud every time he posts.
He has'nt a clue what's going on ,just like the rest of us,but I love it when he uses "my inside information" , "I can tell you it's a FACT" in nearly every one of his post's.

He is well worth the read if you are feeling a bit low,as he will lift your spirit in minutes

Hobo

This RFC character makes me laugh out loud every time he posts.
He has'nt a clue what's going on ,just like the rest of us,but I love it when he uses "my inside information" , "I can tell you it's a FACT" in nearly every one of his post's.

He is well worth the read if you are feeling a bit low,as he will lift your spirit in minutes

I think the problem is RFC has been uplifting his own spirits too often? ;-)

martcov

With the greatest respect, the above is total and utter nonsense IMHO!

Could you explain why this is utter nonsense? Do SISU fund CCFC? Do they take interest and management fees back? Have they told everyone that they are building a stadium and nothing concrete has happened - despite several deadlines? Is Sandra Garlick concerned about the colour of empty seats?

RFC, I remember back on the old 606 forums there used to be one or two wind up merchants who would register under various usernames spouting absolute rubbish while masquerading as cov fans. I think they/he was a Leicester fan with a pretty in depth knowledge of all things cov who knew exactly how to push the cov fan's buttons. Was that you?

wingy

RFC, I remember back on the old 606 forums there used to be one or two wind up merchants who would register under various usernames spouting absolute rubbish while masquerading as cov fans. I think they/he was a Leicester fan with a pretty in depth knowledge of all things cov who knew exactly how to push the cov fan's buttons. Was that you?

Hows It going with the fans down there LT? Has the arrival of wilder pacified everyone?

This is what ML apparently told the CT two weeks ago:

He said: “We are about three weeks away from being able to name the final site. We are down to two sites and hopefully, within a month, two will be down to one."

Looks like a categoric and unambiguous statement you would think? Well, ML now says it wasn't correct as this is what he told the SBT on 16 January about the statement.

"Another distorted conversation. CET rang up to ask about recent interviews. Journalist asked where the new site was. I was then misquoted"

And I thought TF was the master of mis-information and contradiction!

What a crock of crap. Since when have SISU not threatened legal action against anyone even if they were accurately quoted, so for them not to when they were "allegedly" misquoted by CET is just too far fetched.

Hows It going with the fans down there LT? Has the arrival of wilder pacified everyone?
Yeah his appointment seems to have calmed things down. That and the fact we seem to be trying rebuild Bradford's side from last season who obviously did pretty well.

Been made perfectly clear 'the site will be revealed when the i's are dotted & the t's crossed'.

R i t o h ??? :thinking about: Doh! :)

WestEndAgro

Bumping this on some information given me tonight, and I know I wrongly mentioned Ryton a while back so I await the barracking.
CCFC HAVE and are involved in talks with the University of Warwick about using land that is currently used by the University for Football, Cricket, Rugby

Meetings have taken place on atleast three occasions, the land I refer to is in Warwickshire not Coventry due to the fact that Gibbet Hill Road is the border between the two counties.

The area been talked about is considerably big enough to build a Stadium, and I know for a fact how ambitious the University is to become one of the biggest and best in the World so i definetly wouldnt rule it out.

sits back and awaits ...............

wingy

Bumping this on some information given me tonight, and I know I wrongly mentioned Ryton a while back so I await the barracking.
CCFC HAVE and are involved in talks with the University of Warwick about using land that is currently used by the University for Football, Cricket, Rugby

Meetings have taken place on atleast three occasions, the land I refer to is in Warwickshire not Coventry due to the fact that Gibbet Hill Road is the border between the two counties.

The area been talked about is considerably big enough to build a Stadium, and I know for a fact how ambitious the University is to become one of the biggest and best in the World so i definetly wouldnt rule it out.

sits back and awaits ...............

Big article about a month ago about attracting Investment ,expansion and Sporting elements ,can't remember the value ,at least £250M. though.

WestEndAgro

Big article about a month ago about attracting Investment ,expansion and Sporting elements ,can't rremember the value ,at least £250M. though.

Things could be becoming very interesting then.......

Some of the people involved with the University are extremely influential and like I said hugely ambitious, perhaps just perhaps something may be on the cards ...........?

chiefdave

wingy

Things could be becoming very interesting then.......

Some of the people involved with the University are extremely influential and like I said hugely ambitious, perhaps just perhaps something may be on the cards ...........?

Would make sense if the Huntsman family are involved In any way .

Huge patronage of Pennsylvania University by the father of the current congressman.

WestEndAgro

I'm getting a strong sense of déjà vue! Have SISU run out of pretend sites so we're going back 4round sites that have already been ruled out?

http://www.coventrytelegraph.net/news/coventry-news/new-coventry-city-stadium-built-6788623

In any case wouldn't the Uni be close enough to the city boundary to need cooperation from CCC on infrastructure upgrades?

I know for a fact that the University are donating vast sums of money to improve the infrastructure around the area coincidence ? possibly.

bigfatronssba

Greenbelt land?

WestEndAgro

The University has links with the ECB, The Premiere league, The FA, The FL and The Referees Association all of whom use the facilities, so already strong links to sport, which they are very keen to build on.

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
wasn't there an article in the CT not so long ago saying that the University had had no contact or discussions with CCFC/SISU ? I might be wrong

any building there is going to affect CCC because of access issues I would have thought.

chiefdave

The University has links with the ECB, The Premiere league, The FA, The FL and The Referees Association all of whom use the facilities, so already strong links to sport, which they are very keen to build on.

It's a huge leap to go from that to building a football stadium!

chiefdave

wasn't there an article in the CT not so long ago saying that the University had had no contact or discussions with CCFC/SISU ? I might be wrong

any building there is going to affect CCC because of access issues I would have thought.

Most recent CT article regarding the University was March 10th.

The University of Warwick and Coventry University have also denied any contact with the club about a new stadium on their land.

ajsccfc

There is a lot of investment currently going into improving the roads access around the site here, but none of the works planned at the moment hint at a set up for a hypothetical influx of thousands of people.

The land currently used for sports is basically the grey section here incidentally.

Last edited:

victor_meldrew

There is more than one university. Has anyone asked Coventry University if they have had any talks? They have a sports ground up at Kirby Corner and might be open to offers.

chiefdave

There is more than one university. Has anyone asked Coventry University if they have had any talks? They have a sports ground up at Kirby Corner and might be open to offers.

CT asked both universities in March and both said they hadn't had talks with SISU. Of course they could by lying but if there were talks going on wouldn't a no comment be a better response than an outright lie?

GaryPendrysEyes

I know someone who works at Warwick Uni on the sports ground side of things and he has seen/heard/been asked nothing. So I doubt it.

Users who are viewing this thread