Sorry to raise this again / Dale Evans (2 Viewers)

Grendel

I actually, genuinely, feel sorry for him.

Nobody does this kind of thing for fun.

Well...that’s not entirely true. The conman who said he’d won the lottery caused a lot of trouble for a lot of people.

skybluebeduff

Well he fantasied about meeting Joy, now he actually might do in a court room, good for you Dale... batter them in court.

Nick

Administrator
I felt sorry for him and his family getting abuse, now I wonder whether any of that even happened.
Thing is nobody ever saw it, it was all very strange. The more he has gone on and on the more likely it is too actually happen.

Not that it's justifying abusing his family, but when you start messing with people they will get more and more annoyed. If somebody messed up my house sale I'd be very annoyed.

oucho

Whilst I doubt that SISU would sue him as such, there's no doubt that he'd be right to worry about what course of action they might choose to take from here.

In fairness to some posters on here, I remember the "live thread" of his interview on CWR and some posters were saying even during that first interview that this was total nonsense - they called it right away and have been proved 100% right.

You do have to wonder at the mindset of someone like this repeatedly posting easily deniable / disproveable statements and claims.

NorthernWisdom

Well...that’s not entirely true. The conman who said he’d won the lottery caused a lot of trouble for a lot of people.
I think it's safe to say a high profile 'club takeover' was never likely to end well if it had no basis in reality (it doesn't end well when it does!)

The more he pushes it, the only person it was ever going to hurt was himself, as it became more and more ludicrous.

Sincerely hope SISU don't take him to court as who knows where that pressure would take him to. Sincerely hope somebody gets to have a look at him and check up what's actually going on in his head, as it's not right.

I do feel sorry for the bloke who's house he was trying to buy, that's not fair on him to have had to waste time and money. Somehow I doubt SISU, however, have given him anything other than the time to knock out the odd statement saying they've never spoken to him, as it's a whole extra level of fantasy.

SKYBLUES90

Fingers crossed he deletes his Facebook account now and disappears into the oblivion.

pusbccfc

Dale is in trouble.

The magic money tree SISU find for costs towards legal cases continues.

hill83

Sisu are seeking legal advice over the matter. Oh Dale. What have you done.

s0o4MP1.gif

Saying that, knowing Sisu he'll be fine.

oucho

His takeover is going about as well as Theresa May's reshuffle

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
He could be in bigger trouble than SISU

The Fraud Act 2006: repeal of the deception offences in the Theft Acts 1968 - 1996 - GOV.UK

Fraud can carry a 10 year sentence. People (not just CCFC related) have spent money on the basis that he was what he held himself out to be

"There are two basic requirements which must be met before any of the three limbs of the new offence can be charged. First, the behaviour of the defendant must be dishonest.[2] Second it must also be his intention to make a gain, or cause a loss to another.[3] However, there will no longer be any need to prove that a gain or loss has been made, or that any victim was deceived by the defendant’s behaviour. Each of the three limbs of the offence carries a maximum sentence of 10 years
Section 2 makes it an offence to commit fraud by false representation in any form. For a representation to be false, the representation being made must be wrong or misleading, and the person making it must know that it is, or might be, wrong or misleading."

RoboCCFC90

The question on my lips now is where does Gary Hoffman go from here?

Afterall GH endorsed DE as a "serious player" only a few months ago, this will no doubt damage GH's credibility as well?

It is obvious that we are due to be stuck with SISU (unfortunately) for a while yet.

BackRoomRummermill

Hiding under the bedsheets with a crate of Stella won’t save him now, he is in deep shit . It’s not his family’s fault so I hope they realise us fans that did not cause this and I hope his family are OK.

Grendel

I’m gonna call Hoffman and tell him I’ve about to win £20m on a bet regarding Michael Doyle and appearances.

Just want a seat next to Mr Coventry.

Perhaps I’ll get the other hatter to be my wealth advisor.

oucho

The Fraud Act 2006: repeal of the deception offences in the Theft Acts 1968 - 1996 - GOV.UK

Fraud can carry a 10 year sentence. People (not just CCFC related) have spent money on the basis that he was what he held himself out to be

"There are two basic requirements which must be met before any of the three limbs of the new offence can be charged. First, the behaviour of the defendant must be dishonest.[2] Second it must also be his intention to make a gain, or cause a loss to another.[3] However, there will no longer be any need to prove that a gain or loss has been made, or that any victim was deceived by the defendant’s behaviour. Each of the three limbs of the offence carries a maximum sentence of 10 years
Section 2 makes it an offence to commit fraud by false representation in any form. For a representation to be false, the representation being made must be wrong or misleading, and the person making it must know that it is, or might be, wrong or misleading."

I don't think he was committing fraud itself (the definition wouldn't include deceiving the public about being involved in a prospective club takeover), he was committing false representation which attracts a lesser sentence if found guilty.

Captain Dart

I'm not sure Evans understands the difference between truth and fiction.

and another thing, never, never, ever appoint a Mad Hatter to your team.

oucho

Not a fan of re-using gifs too much but...

giphy.gif
Brilliant! Even looks like him!

The question on my lips now is where does Gary Hoffman go from here?

The bigger question is, where does the mad hatter go from here??

Hiding under the bedsheets with a crate of Stella won’t save him now, he is in deep shit . It’s not his family’s fault so I hope they realise us fans that did not cause this and I hope his family are OK.

I doubt SISU will sue him. They're just saying that to put the frightners on him and so get him to shut up. I can't see any point in them suing him.

rob9872

You're all being far too nice about him. Fantasist, nut job call him what you like, but the bloke knows how important CCFC is to a lot of people and his desperate attempts and false dawns are unhelpful to the long term genuine consortium. Deserves all that comes his way imo and if that makes some of you better people than me for saying it, then so be it.

Nick

Administrator
Suggest this forum washes it's hands of this man and no longer feeds his ego by posting comments about him ? Nick ?

At the minute while he keeps making things up, I think it's only fair people can see his contradictions and why they shouldn't get their hopes up. It isn't just CCFC he is blagging about, he is ruining people's dream house moves as well by blagging he is going to buy houses. If people need to be able to check up about him I don't see the issue.

If however if he does have an issue, somebody close to him should help him and get everything sorted. Then going forward they should get in touch with places like here, telegraph etc and explain it and I'd be happy to remove all trace so going forward once he is sorted out it doesn't ruin his chances in life. Although I don't think a few posts on here are that big in the grand scheme of things.

What I don't get is that so many clung on when they thought he was taking over "I know him well, he wouldn;t make it up", "my mate is good mates with him, he is the real deal". Where are they all now? Now's your chance if you actually know him to get the bloke some help before he really does put his family at risk, when you start fraudulently falsifying things it is dangerous ground.

rob9872

I don't think he was committing fraud itself (the definition wouldn't include deceiving the public about being involved in a prospective club takeover), he was committing false representation which attracts a lesser sentence if found guilty.
The letter pretending to be from Laura is pretty serious fraud imo

joemercersaces

I don’t like to brag, but...
I’d need to go back over the initial radio interview to pinpoint whether it was 30 seconds in or 42 when I realised it was a bunch of arse. He lost me at “I won the money at poker”.

Londonccfcfan

My first and last comment on this thread about this lunatic.

I'm disappointed I initially believed this sad sorry excuse of a individual, karma is leveller. I hope he gets taken to the cleaners by SISU.

I'm sure theres a way we can ban him from all social media by getting enough individual complaints against him for starting false rumours. Not sure that's suitable punishment.

Users who are viewing this thread