Southend United (Away) Match Thread (4 Viewers)

covcity4life

I'd have snapped your hand off for 5th at this point in August but just feels so disappointing at the moment.

Still time for it to swing upwards again

Although unless it's v soon we will be playing for playoff positions only

lifeskyblue

Thanks SW for all the updates. Hope you and rest of SBA have safe journey home.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gazolba

I just hope Armstrong and Murphy are fit for the next game and we have not picked up any fresh injuries.

I would have also snapped hands off for 5th at this point of the season.... very worried by our ever increasing lack of ability to convert chances though.

Is pretty football starting to lose out here ?

MatthewWallis

The thing that worries me most about getting a play off place is that I know what we're like and we will buckle under the pressure and it will have all been for nothing.

Hobo

Blackpool equalised Walsall

Gazolba

Two 90th minute goals do us some big favours.

Hobo

Burton lost confirmed

rupert_bear

I said the other day we have 8 very winnable games to come in a row and need to win atleast 6 I still stand by that. As bad as today has been for us none above us have steamed ahead. Today will test the management supposedly on the prowl for 3 players and a week to go to get them, over to you Tony !

Last edited:

clint van damme

said it before, if we're in touch by the end of Feb it will get very interesting as March is a busy month with a lot of the teams around us playing each other.
The problem is staying in touch! We have winnable games coming up, time for TM to earn his corn.

I'd like to see less tinkering now the fixtures are pretty much back to a game a week.

covcity4life

Alot of big players oit for us today. Call it a squad game all you want but southend are vying dor playoffs. Was not an easy game

Just hope we get some faces baxk for next week. A ricoh win hopefully breathe life into the team again

Otis

Bring quality in now and we can be right back in it again. Today showed though that without the likes of Fleck and Murphy and Armstrong we will struggle.

We need that striker and that winger and that CB and we need them well before Saturday so they can give us fresh impetus.

Lorentzson should hopefully be fit for next week, so I would drop Ramage, play Ricketts and Stokes or the new CB and Stokes back left, bring the winger in and play the striker maybe too.

Sent from my Hudl 2 using Tapatalk

stupot07

Last 10 games:
DDLDWDWDLL

11 points from 30. Scored 11 (5 in one game) as you say and conceded 11.

Need a big upturn in form starting next week.

And in that time gone from Top with 3 point lead to 5th 6 points of top and autos.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Covstu

Piss poor today, we are not consistent enough to win the league but we should be in for a shout of the playoffs. The back four are so frail and we need someone in of sufficient quality to plug the gap left by reda

H

Huckerby

fuck a duck. pretty crap luck with last minute injuries though. the good news is that i feel we are underperforming. Last year when we won i felt like we were over performing.

clint van damme

Bring quality in now and we can be right back in it again. Today showed though that without the likes of Fleck and Murphy and Armstrong we will struggle.

We need that striker and that winger and that CB and we need them well before Saturday so they can give us fresh impetus.

Lorentzson should hopefully be fit for next week, so I would drop Ramage, play Ricketts and Stokes or the new CB and Stokes back left, bring the winger in and play the striker maybe too.

Sent from my Hudl 2 using Tapatalk

I think Murphys loss of form has been a massive factor in recent months.

Gazolba

6 points off the 2nd team thanks to those 90th minute goals. Certainly not out of reach but on our current form, getting harder week by week. We need a string of wins (not draws) and the top teams to drop points (which they both did today).

Users who are viewing this thread