Stoke Details Confirmed - Saturday 6th January (2 Viewers)

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Over 12000 sold. Could get up to 14k possibly more by 3pm tomorrow.

Biggest gate in 2 years.

As expected the interest in this has STOKED up in the last few days.

Over 12,000? How many of those are Stoke?

Had it been priced with common sense that 12,000 you were boasting about would be more like 24,000.

Londonccfcfan

Had it been priced with common sense that 12,000 you were boasting about would be more like 24,000.

Probably be about 10k Home fans, that's mighty impressive for this time of the year.

Never would be 24k there at even 12/13 quid.

I'm not boasting I'm as shocked (pleasantly surprised) like many. that there has been huge interest leading up to the game. its about maximising income.
Not defended the pricing. Me and my boy got tickets for £27 quid.

Theres some that wouldn't have come even if it was free.

steve82

Probably be about 10k Home fans, that's mighty impressive for this time of the year.

I'm not boasting I'm as shocked (pleasantly surprised) like many. that there has been huge interest leading up to the game. its about maximising income.

Totally agree, I'm all for cheaper tickets but the club would of made a loss so it's not viable when we're cash strapped

pusbccfc

As much as I'd have priced it differently, we wouldn't have got 24k if it was £5.

A mixture of reasons the crowd is reasonably low, one of them being the fact we drew Stoke, a club most see as smaller than us.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

A huge interest? 10,000 home fans for a premiership team. I'm afraid you must be having a laugh.

The attendance and pricing is shocking. Yes, many would not have gone even it were free, but a lot more would.

The point I've been saying about this is that it's a missed opportunity more than anything.

eastwoodsdustman

A huge interest? 10,000 home fans for a premiership team. I'm afraid you must be having a laugh.

The attendance and pricing is shocking. Yes, many would not have gone even it were free, but a lot more would.

The point I've been saying about this is that it's a missed opportunity more than anything.
If we win and get Liverpool, Man Utd or Arsenal at home in the next round will pricing be an issue for the extra 15000 that get tickets? Just wondering.

smileycov

Facebook User

The club need the money, they split the profit with stoke as it is. Even a reduced price would not have doubled the crowd today as it is stoke. I agree with most, the interest isn’t there from the casual fans to justify vastly reducing the price. I personally think we will get 15k or very close, considering we are averaging 7.5k that is great

Ashdown

Wasps/ACL will be rubbing their hands together too I don't doubt with good footfall coming their way ! I just hope Stoke behave, God help the old bill if they did lose.

steve82

I've read a few of your posts about and see what your saying about a missed opportunity, I get the point your trying to make but in all honesty who is it you can reach out to? Who you trying to regain?

For many the ships sailed now, they partake in other social activities or will not attend while sisu are in charge.

If it was priced to please everyone how many new/returning fans would you see the next home games again.

I don't see the maths working to justify from a business sense.

Londonccfcfan

Birmingham will play Burton today in all championship 3rd rd fa cup tie.

Their tickets are half price.

Our cup tie will generate 2/3 times the revenue than theirs will if our attendance is higher (which I think it will be).

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

If we win and get Liverpool, Man Utd or Arsenal at home in the next round will pricing be an issue for the extra 15000 that get tickets? Just wondering.
The club need the money, they split the profit with stoke as it is. Even a reduced price would not have doubled the crowd today as it is stoke. I agree with most, the interest isn’t there from the casual fans to justify vastly reducing the price. I personally think we will get 15k or very close, considering we are averaging 7.5k that is great
I've read a few of your posts about and see what your saying about a missed opportunity, I get the point your trying to make but in all honesty who is it you can reach out to? Who you trying to regain?

For many the ships sailed now, they partake in other social activities or will not attend while sisu are in charge.

If it was priced to please everyone how many new/returning fans would you see the next home games again.

I don't see the maths working to justify from a business sense.

Man Utd at home is in a league of its own. Even teams like Port Vale would sell massively more against that sort of opponent.

The key is, that this game is not just a match against Forest Green, it's a match even the most disillusioned fan will look at and be half tempted.

We have thousands upon thousands of disillusioned fans that have had enough and the club is going to struggle to win them back. Yes, for some the ship has sailed, but there's still a massive amount more who can still be turned around.

Do none of you go to games, look around, and wonder why there's only 6000 others? I think because you go, pay the 25 odd quid, you think everyone else should do as well.

You're on one side of the fence, I see things from the other side, with the thousands of disillusioned. If you're celebrating 10k home fans against premier league Stoke then sorry, but I think some of you need a wake up call. That's massively dissapointing.

The fact some of you think selling less tickets at a higher price is better for the club is a really backward way of thinking.

Yes, interest is an all time low, so you have reignite that interest. This was an oppurtunity to do that. Instead this had the thought process with none of that in mind...

steve82

Man Utd at home is in a league of its own. Even teams like Port Vale would sell massively more against that sort of opponent.

The key is, that this game is not just a match against Forest Green, it's a match even the most disillusioned fan will look at and be half tempted.

We have thousands upon thousands of disillusioned fans that have had enough and the club is going to struggle to win them back. Yes, for some the ship has sailed, but there's still a massive amount more who can still be turned around.

Do none of you go to games, look around, and wonder why there's only 6000 others? I think because you go, pay the 25 odd quid, you think everyone else should do as well.

You're on one side of the fence, I see things from the other side, with the thousands of disillusioned. If you're celebrating 10k home fans against premier league Stoke then sorry, but I think some of you need a wake up call. That's massively dissapointing.

The fact some of you think selling less tickets at a higher price is better for the club is a really backward way of thinking.

Yes, interest is an all time low, so you have reignite that interest. This was an oppurtunity to do that. Instead this had the thought process with none of that in mind...

I get the points you are trying hard to make and fair play for your consistent thoughts to it.

However I do see it from both sides, I'm not a wealthy man by any chance and have to pick and choose what away games or cup games I go to for when I'm flush or not yet o feel what I've paid in block 21 for me and my son is ok for me after xmas.

But I don't think selling cheaper tickets at a loss to what they will get today makes logical sense for one day when the club has to spilt with the fa and stoke.

I'm all for regaining the fallen fans and fans of the future but it don't work the scars are too deep for some while the current owners are here. Remember many told Tim Fisher to his face they will not return while his crew are still in charge of the club. The club has to operate as a business and turn a profit hopefully.

The home coming v Gillingham says fans don't return after a big event or cleaver marketing like today could of done. Would of only returned the few day trippers who will go missing again till the last day if we get promotion or play offs.

So for me your asking the club to appeal to a limited number of people which is why I see it don't make sense financially.

Nick

Administrator
I get the points you are trying hard to make and fair play for your consistent thoughts to it.

However I do see it from both sides, I'm not a wealthy man by any chance and have to pick and choose what away games or cup games I go to for when I'm flush or not yet o feel what I've paid in block 21 for me and my son is ok for me after xmas.

But I don't think selling cheaper tickets at a loss to what they will get today makes logical sense for one day when the club has to spilt with the fa and stoke.

I'm all for regaining the fallen fans and fans of the future but it don't work the scars are too deep for some while the current owners are here. Remember many told Tim Fisher to his face they will not return while his crew are still in charge of the club. The club has to operate as a business and turn a profit hopefully.

The home coming v Gillingham says fans don't return after a big event or cleaver marketing like today could of done. Would of only returned the few day trippers who will go missing again till the last day if we get promotion or play offs.

So for me your asking the club to appeal to a limited number of people which is why I see it don't make sense financially.
He has already said he doesn't think anybody will go back to the next league game.

It is a bit about fans expectancy as well. They aren't bothered about the previous games probably making a loss, they just want a cheaper ticket and will shout that's the reason they won't go.

It will then be expected to not still a player to cover those losses or something like that.

We have seen it time and time again after offers and big events people don't return

covcity4life

I am all for cheap ticket prices and special deals

I just cant ubderstans ehy people thibk it should be done for one of the standout fixtures of the year! It sells itself

christonabike

Sisu want every penny they can get to pay their investment back. Every player who is subject to a bid that is deemed acceptable will be sold.
They don’t give a toss if 11000 tickets are sold or 13000 bringing in the same money.
Some people will go regardless of price and that’s all they are interested in. Season tickets go up so they can claw as much back as they can. This isn’t a strategy to build a club but to leave when all sensible revenues are exhausted.
Enjoy today and make the most of it.
But a good run will not boost Mark Robins budget sadly.

Grendel

Sisu want every penny they can get to pay their investment back. Every player who is subject to a bid that is deemed acceptable will be sold.
They don’t give a toss if 11000 tickets are sold or 13000 bringing in the same money.
Some people will go regardless of price and that’s all they are interested in. Season tickets go up so they can claw as much back as they can. This isn’t a strategy to build a club but to leave when all sensible revenues are exhausted.

What a load of drivel.

Nick

Administrator
This is what happens when people listen to the nonsense those like psb push.

Surely every club sell players when the bid is deemed to be acceptable?

christonabike

This is what happens when people listen to the nonsense those like psb push.

Surely every club sell players when the bid is deemed to be acceptable?
Yes but most reinvest the money or are you saying we buy players when we sell them?

christonabike

What a load of drivel.
What’s not true Grendel or do you still think everything is all rosey in CCFCs garden. Please explain why fans are turning to other things to do on match days. Looking forward to your reply.

christonabike

Or it gets used to run the club...
How about trying to encourage income rather than just sell sell sell and the quality of the product is getting lower by the season. People come to be entertained not just because it’s their team.
We know no more investment is now on the cards from Sisus own pockets but we can’t continue without a large slice of luck.

covcity4life

What a game. Stoke had 3 grrat chances where we resignes to it going in but they missed like a team down on luck. But bit dissapointed at end cos mcnulty rounded keeper then put wide and thrn keeper made q good 1 on 1 savw from him too. Still great goal to see from willis. 45 mins left. Csnt see stoke not scoring tho. I fear we will rue missed chances

Nick

Administrator
How about trying to encourage income rather than just sell sell sell and the quality of the product is getting lower by the season. People come to be entertained not just because it’s their team.
We know no more investment is now on the cards from Sisus own pockets but we can’t continue without a large slice of luck.
I'd have paid 60 a ticket for today at least. Great atmosphere as well.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

I'd have paid 60 a ticket for today at least. Great atmosphere as well.

Great that we had some fringe fans there today, but it could have been so much more. If we get a home game let's hope they slash the prices and fill it.

Fingers crossed those who went today will have found their love again.

stupot07

Put on the other thread. But given this was where people were moaning about the price. Those that didn't go, you totally missed out today. It was one of the most entertaining games we've seen at the Ricoh and an amazing win and we got more than out moneys worth. That was value for money.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread