Stoke Details Confirmed - Saturday 6th January (4 Viewers)

smileycov

Facebook User
If we have sold 5,000 and they are close to at least 4K, with walk ups and furthermore sales I see this around 15k at least. Happy with that -considering!

MatthewWallis

If we have sold 5,000 and they are close to at least 4K, with walk ups and furthermore sales I see this around 15k at least. Happy with that -considering!

5,000 have been sold home + away there won’t be another 10,000 tickets sold

Londonccfcfan

5,000 have been sold home + away there won’t be another 10,000 tickets sold
There may well be another 10 k sold at least.

So many league matches ( 4 ) before this game, im surprised we have sold over 5k already considering well over 2 weeks still to go!

In the week leading up to this game in January the interest willmount up and interest will spike.

Like many season ticket holders why buy now when you can buy and pay in January. Its not like its going to be sold out. But wpuld be surprised if theres not 15k there.

ashbyjan

Living and doing missionary work in Cheshire theres a lot of clayheads around here who are planning to go but cannot get tickets so I expect there to be a lot of them in the Cov sections. I would expect the crowd to be between 15 and 20K. Whatever the outcome it will help a bit with the balancing of the books

ps1948

I saw this on the Football Supporters Federation website :-

"Last year, the FA changed the competition rules in the FA Cup to allow host clubs to charge whatever they pleased in FA Cup ties – previously ticket pricing had to be agreed by both clubs.
That minor change to the rules saw Reading fans charged £45 for their trip to Old Trafford and this time round it’s Derby County fans being stung for their third round visit to the 'Theatre of Dreams'
Manchester United’s price for away fans is an outlier in what is otherwise a fairly affordable round for supporters in the FA Cup. All but two of the Premier League teams who are at home are charging £10 – the minimum price set out in FA Cup rules – to encourage as many fans through the turnstiles as possible.
Outside the Premier League clubs prices are close to our Twenty’s Plenty campaign aim – for example, Fulham are charging Southampton fans £20 for their visit and Norwich City are charging visiting Chelsea fans £25."

So, it would appear that the £22 price was a decision made by CCFC.

I am somewhat confused by some of the comments on here - starting with the "I hope we get a Premiership team in the third round - but only if it's one of the top 6", then the "If they lower the prices, more people will attend" - that hasn't really worked anytime they have done it before, so why it would do so against Stoke I don't know, although I am a little persuaded by the argument of a round £20 price.

I am one of the "missing thousands", having finally all but given up, although I would return if the results and quality of our football were better, and I will be there, paying the £22, along with 7 others who share my current lack of enthusiasm, and I'm looking forward to being in the ground with a decent atmosphere from both sets of fans.

Ashdown

There may well be another 10 k sold at least.

So many league matches ( 4 ) before this game, im surprised we have sold over 5k already considering well over 2 weeks still to go!

In the week leading up to this game in January the interest willmount up and interest will spike.

Like many season ticket holders why buy now when you can buy and pay in January. Its not like its going to be sold out. But wpuld be surprised if theres not 15k there.
Do you actually realise how much money people often have left to spend at this time of year !? How old are you, I'm curious ?

Ashdown

Living and doing missionary work in Cheshire theres a lot of clayheads around here who are planning to go but cannot get tickets so I expect there to be a lot of them in the Cov sections. I would expect the crowd to be between 15 and 20K. Whatever the outcome it will help a bit with the balancing of the books
What a strange post ? The away end can accommodate 7000 if needed ?!

Irish Sky Blue

Exeter ticket cost me £16, Exeter end, as I couldn’t get one in the away section. No extra admin cost as they don’t use Ticket Master (why do we have to use them?) and only 50p postage as opposed to a pound here. Total cost for a home game against Exeter would, I think be £24(ticket plus admin plus postage) as opposed to £16.50 to watch the game in Exeter. That’s a big difference in price. You can compare the Ricoh facilities to St James Park, sitting as opposed to standing (although if you travel to watch us away you often have to stand, even in seated areas), but if like me, watching the football is the important bit, that makes it £7.50 minimum more to watch your team if you are a Coventry fan. That’s a lot.

Nick

Administrator
Exeter ticket cost me £16, Exeter end, as I couldn’t get one in the away section. No extra admin cost as they don’t use Ticket Master (why do we have to use them?) and only 50p postage as opposed to a pound here. Total cost for a home game against Exeter would, I think be £24(ticket plus admin plus postage) as opposed to £16.50 to watch the game in Exeter. That’s a big difference in price. You can compare the Ricoh facilities to St James Park, sitting as opposed to standing (although if you travel to watch us away you often have to stand, even in seated areas), but if like me, watching the football is the important bit, that makes it £7.50 minimum more to watch your team if you are a Coventry fan. That’s a lot.

Yet they are charging away fans £22.

Nick

Administrator
But with no ticket fees added or increase on the matchday?

Because they aren't on sale on the matchday. Exeter tickets do go up in price on matchday also and they charge banking fees.

I am not sure you could miss the point any further if you tried.

Nick

Administrator
They may increase on a match day, I don’t know. The like for like comparison for cheapest entry is Exeter £16.50 Coventry £24 for home fans.

Is it like for like though if one is a terrace? Surely it's the same as comparing expensive tickets and using ours in the stand and theirs in corporate?

Their seating price is £22 before any fees, in advance for an adult seated...

That's the point, the ticket prices in general are excessive in England.

Last edited:

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Ticket master is fine, I don't think the £1 is a massive problem. It's the already inflated prices that are.

If it was £18 and an extra pound to book online I don't think as many people would be moaning.

It's pretty simple. Twenty is plenty. When we did well (until Christmas) under Mowbray, the crowds were able to grow each week. At the moment we are getting hardly any walk ups.

Nick

Administrator
If it was £18 and an extra pound to book online I don't think as many people would be moaning.

It would be cold, not enough people would go with them, they wouldn't pay £1, they wouldn't have any spare money etc etc etc.

There would be plenty of other "reasons", constantly. People going off about the Stoke pricing.

1. How many went to the previous cup games at £13?
2. How many moaned that Exeter charge city fans £22, Luton charged £24, Barnet charged £23?
3. How many would go week in, week out if it was £18 and not £22? Would it be enough to get loads more people going to games?

It's been the same for as long as I can remember, if people can make it that they won't go on principle because of price, SISU, AN other then it makes them feel better that they just aren't really that arsed.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

It would be cold, not enough people would go with them, they wouldn't pay £1, they wouldn't have any spare money etc etc etc.

There would be plenty of other "reasons", constantly. People going off about the Stoke pricing.

1. How many went to the previous cup games at £13?
2. How many moaned that Exeter charge city fans £22, Luton charged £24, Barnet charged £23?
3. How many would go week in, week out if it was £18 and not £22? Would it be enough to get loads more people going to games?

It's been the same for as long as I can remember, if people can make it that they won't go on principle because of price, SISU, AN other then it makes them feel better that they just aren't really that arsed.

There are other reasons, as I've said numerous times, people now need an incentive to go. It's almost as if they don't go for the pleasure element any more.

1. How many went to the previous cup games at £13? Non-league opponents, different ball game.
2. How many moaned that Exeter charge city fans £22, Luton charged £24, Barnet charged £23? Away game is a different experience again.
3. How many would go week in, week out if it was £18 and not £22? Would it be enough to get loads more people going to games? Depends what you mean by 'loads'. You must remember when we only have 6000 at home games, we aren't suddenly going to get another 6000. We may well get a 1000 or more on top though.

It's like the game tonight. If I can't get any of the cheaper tickets I won't be going.

Nick

Administrator
There are other reasons, as I've said numerous times, people now need an incentive to go. It's almost as if they don't go for the pleasure element any more.

1. How many went to the previous cup games at £13? Non-league opponents, different ball game.
2. How many moaned that Exeter charge city fans £22, Luton charged £24, Barnet charged £23? Away game is a different experience again.
3. How many would go week in, week out if it was £18 and not £22? Would it be enough to get loads more people going to games? Depends what you mean by 'loads'. You must remember when we only have 6000 at home games, we aren't suddenly going to get another 6000. We may well get a 1000 or more on top though.

It's like the game tonight. If I can't get any of the cheaper tickets I won't be going.

1. Surely if you are judging it by opponents, they should be even more expensive for Premier League teams than League 2?
2. Why is it? If it's outrageously expensive if CCFC charge it (bearing in mind it's one of the biggest factors of income for the club) why is it perfectly fine for others to charge it?

Why not get a 6 match pack? That way you can go to 6 games (or share them to go to 3) over the season for a discounted rate rather than waiting to the last minute if price is a massive factor?

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

1. Surely if you are judging it by opponents, they should be even more expensive for Premier League teams than League 2?
2. Why is it? If it's outrageously expensive if CCFC charge it (bearing in mind it's one of the biggest factors of income for the club) why is it perfectly fine for others to charge it?

Why not get a 6 match pack? That way you can go to 6 games (or share them to go to 3) over the season for a discounted rate rather than waiting to the last minute if price is a massive factor?

1. Surely if you are judging it by opponents, they should be even more expensive for Premier League teams than League 2? Yes it should be the case, if the prices were regulated properly. On current standing with over 20 pounds for a League 2 home game, you'd probably be expecting about £50 for a Prem game. Neither being desirable.
2. Why is it? If it's outrageously expensive if CCFC charge it (bearing in mind it's one of the biggest factors of income for the club) why is it perfectly fine for others to charge it? I didn't say it was perfectly fine. My argument is that with an away day there is a lot more cost to factor in anyway. The ticket prices don't make as much of a difference to someone by £5 if they are already planning 20 beers, a train, and a pizza on the way home.

Why not get a 6 match pack? That way you can go to 6 games (or share them to go to 3) over the season for a discounted rate rather than waiting to the last minute if price is a massive factor? Because then it's even more capital expenditure at one time. Something I don't have. Plus, I cannot guarantee how many games I will be able to go to. Even though it is a decent idea, this doesn't solve the problem for me, or many others.

Nick

Administrator
So why are away day regulars moaning about the price? Why is it perfectly acceptable to pay £22+ to go to watch us play a League 2 team away but when it's the same to go and watch us at the Ricoh against Premier League team it's unthinkable?

Go halves on a match pack, you don't have to use them all yourself so even if 3 of you wanted to go to 2 games it's still cheaper ;) I've given you a half decent solution to bring the price down which is I guess why the club want to push them as much as you can. There's probably been multiple games this season where you said you would go if it wasn't for the price.

Alan Dugdales Moustache

So why are away day regulars moaning about the price? Why is it perfectly acceptable to pay £22+ to go to watch us play a League 2 team away but when it's the same to go and watch us at the Ricoh against Premier League team it's unthinkable?

Are you saying that it's away day regulars that are doing the bulk of moaning then ? We haven't sold many tickets so far for this game and I would suggest that quite a number of people who are season ticket holders/ home only supporters are like minded.

Nick

Administrator
Are you saying that it's away day regulars that are doing the bulk of moaning then ? We haven't sold many tickets so far for this game and I would suggest that quite a number of people who are season ticket holders/ home only supporters are like minded.

Judging by social media / here, people who go to away games are doing a fair bit of the moaning yes.

I'd say a few will just pay on the gate.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Go halves on a match pack, you don't have to use them all yourself so even if 3 of you wanted to go to 2 games it's still cheaper ;) I've given you a half decent solution to bring the price down which is I guess why the club want to push them as much as you can. There's probably been multiple games this season where you said you would go if it wasn't for the price.

Are they moaning about away tickets? I haven't really been paying attention to that. My main points are that home games are too expensive, and the cup game was a missed opportunity to fill the Ricoh.

I'll go halves on a match pack if I can find anyone else in the western world that wants to share. As I said, yes it is a good idea, but the price of a match pack in one lump sum doesn't solve my problem. It's large expenditure of capital in one go.

Alan Dugdales Moustache

Judging by social media / here, people who go to away games are doing a fair bit of the moaning yes.

I'd say a few will just pay on the gate.
So lets say they all decide to buy a ticket and go. Lets therefore add 1500 onto the sales figures. Where are the rest ? Just because it appears many of those who go away (the more hard core element) are apparently venting their displeasure, doesn't mean other people aren't put off by price , just because they don't shout it out on social media or on here.

Nick

Administrator
Are they moaning about away tickets? I haven't really been paying attention to that. My main points are that home games are too expensive, and the cup game was a missed opportunity to fill the Ricoh.

I'll go halves on a match pack if I can find anyone else in the western world that wants to share. As I said, yes it is a good idea, but the price of a match pack in one lump sum doesn't solve my problem. It's large expenditure of capital in one go.

Nope, can't see much moaning about away tickets being overpriced.

I think what you are missing is that the Ricoh wouldn't be full with cheaper tickets. If people will only go against Stoke when the tickets are dirt cheap they are hardly going to be returning for the next league game are they?

Nick

Administrator
So lets say they all decide to buy a ticket and go. Lets therefore add 1500 onto the sales figures. Where are the rest ? Just because it appears many of those who go away (the more hard core element) are apparently venting their displeasure, doesn't mean other people aren't put off by price , just because they don't shout it out on social media or on here.

Surely we will see tonight with all of the thousands going for a tenner? Should be easy to find other people to go if the price is the factor surely. Look at the reaction to tonight's offer and how many were bothered in the last 2 rounds.

There aren't thousands of people sat at home twitching because they genuinely can't afford to go and watch CCFC and it's all about the price.

Users who are viewing this thread